Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

New Atc software announced

Sorry if this is an obvious question but will one need to generate a flight with this software or will the ATC be 'real-time' (i.e. no prior file generation)? Also will this work with Ultimate Traffic?

Thanks!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

3 hours ago, pgde said:

Sorry if this is an obvious question but will one need to generate a flight with this software or will the ATC be 'real-time' (i.e. no prior file generation)? Also will this work with Ultimate Traffic?

Thanks!

Provided Ultimate Traffic is BGL based I don't see why not.  The only potential issue is AIG moving away from BGL to support new traffic features.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 hours ago, pgde said:

Thanks!

Every ATC program I’ve known needs a plan. Fly what you file. 😉

19 minutes ago, psolk said:

Provided Ultimate Traffic is BGL based I don't see why not.  The only potential issue is AIG moving away from BGL to support new traffic features.  

I can’t see them dropping BGLs. It should be a user choice which they go for.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

One thing that drives me crazy is that if I already have my radios tuned to the tower I still need to select the field in the default ATC. This happens in uncontrolled vfr flight.  It would be very cool if you were already tuned in to just be able to ask without having to scroll through them.  Another thing that drives me crazy is that when going from ground control to tower for takeoff approval it's a different button, button 3, to request it.  To me it would make more sense that the same button, button 1, be used for both the request and the acknowledgement. 

Is something like that in this program?  The screen shots I've seen seems to show that it's more for IFR flight..   .

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Every ATC program I’ve known needs a plan. Fly what you file. 😉

I can’t see them dropping BGLs. It should be a user choice which they go for.

Worst case and one of the best things is they were free and we already have them so no matter what worst case we will all be able to retain what we have 🙂 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Every ATC program I’ve known needs a plan.

As far as I remember, the default ATC doesn't. When flying VFR, one can just load up, dial in the frequency and go. People criticize it a lot,  but certain things it does well. A really good ATC add-on would have to have that functionality, among others:

- VFR and IFR

- Regional differences in law and phraseology

- TTS voices, with regional accents

- Correct airspaces and frequencies

- Direct and procedural control

- Control of AI

- Chatter, also in the native language

- Voice recognition

- Other stuff I can't remember because it's not even 7 in the morning

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

8 hours ago, psolk said:

Worst case and one of the best things is they were free and we already have them so no matter what worst case we will all be able to retain what we have 🙂 

I just cannot see @Kaiii3 stopping BGLs. It would go down badly with those who prefer that method for the reasons I’ve described earlier.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

As far as I remember, the default ATC doesn't. When flying VFR

Yes, sorry, I should have qualified my remark.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

40 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I just cannot see @Kaiii3 stopping BGLs. It would go down badly with those who prefer that method for the reasons I’ve described earlier.

OCI for P3D will keep BGL support, with the known downsides of BGL based traffic.

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

11 hours ago, psolk said:

I am reasonably certain that Ultimate Traffic 2 was not BGL based, so UT Live may not be either.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

42 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

OCI for P3D will keep BGL support, with the known downsides of BGL based traffic.

Don’t forget the upside. 😉 The ability to replace NO PAINT aircraft to another that has one.

Are there any plans for a utility able to edit AIGFP files in the same way BGLs can be edited?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

23 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Don’t forget the upside. 😉 The ability to replace NO PAINT aircraft to another that has one.

Are there any plans for a utility able to edit AIGFP files in the same way BGLs can be edited?

there are some:

Called WinZip and Editor 😉

Edited by Kaiii3

36 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

there are some:

Called WinZip and Editor 😉

PLus the knowledge to understand the AIGFP format. Wish we had an equivalent of AIFP. By Editor do you mean Notepad++?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

PLus the knowledge to understand the AIGFP format. Wish we had an equivalent of AIFP. By Editor do you mean Notepad++?

Open the AIGFP file with ZIP, included are the routes and the fp, you can open them with any XML editor 😉