Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

New Atc software announced

1 minute ago, pgde said:

Thanks Steve for the info. I assume that compatibility will include the default nav info in P3D? I am not a SimBrief user and use LNM as a planning aid.

Keep up the good work!

Why not? Sim brief is so easy to use and accurate! 

It will use the P3D airport data and also AIRAC data for the detailed airspace that FSHud requires. One default dataset is included with the product if you do not have a subscription.

• Upvote 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Interesting. Will there be provisions for Multicrew Experience (MCE) to interface?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Will there be an option to hand over the comms to the FO? 

This may really be my next ATC program after using Radar Contact for the last 18 years 🙂

Rune B.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:53 PM, pgde said:

After watching the video some questions:

1. Will one be able to import a PLN file rather than using the built-in flight planner? Also, can one export a flight plan from the built-in flight planner to use in the future?

2. Can this support FAA ATC instructions and syntax in addition to the ICAO one shown in the video? For example, here in the US one doesn't need to contact Tower in crossing a runway. Ground control handles that.

3. If the interface is minimized, will it automatically pop-up if ATC is calling you?

Thanks and looks interesting!

Like I said in the comments of the video, getting  temporarily handed off to tower for just a runway crossing is rather inaccurate even for Europe/ICAO. Hopefully these procedural inaccuracies get fixed before long. At bigger airports, hand off to twr approaching the first crossing then take care of the rest of the taxi on tower frequency.

Edited by Ilari Kousa

6 hours ago, james42 said:

I hope that it will be as standard operation as in real world and as standard to sim world where we are a pilots flying all the time.

It will be greate to see video how FSHud handle AI.

Best regards

Grzegorz

23 hours ago, DModjo said:

will FSHUD ATC also talk to other AI aircraft on the same frequency?

FSHud provides complete simulation for AI Aircraft identical to User aircraft - so you hear the chatter of what you see (and cannot see) around you. User Aircraft is is affected by the AI Aircraft.

18 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Will there be provisions for Multicrew Experience (MCE) to interface?

Other features like MCE will need to come in more later versions. We have had so many questions we could work on each request and release the software in 2026🙂🙂🙂. But the good part is technology to allow for this has already been integrated, so moving there is not like starting from scratch.

9 hours ago, james42 said:

The first officer handles a lot of the handling of the radios, so you do not always need to dial up frequencies.

4 hours ago, Ilari Kousa said:

Hopefully these procedural inaccuracies get fixed before long.

Yes, that is understood. There will be many comments and suggestions that will he considered. Obviously FAA vs ICAO is one of them.

Edited by Steve Halpern
  • Like 2

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

8 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

FSHud provides complete simulation for AI Aircraft identical to User aircraft - so you hear the chatter of what you see (and cannot see) around you. User Aircraft is is affected by the AI Aircraft.

Other features like MCE will need to come in more later versions. We have had so many questions we could work on each request and release the software in 2026🙂🙂🙂. But the good part is technology to allow for this has already been integrated, so moving there is not like starting from scratch.

The first officer handles a lot of the handling of the radios, so you do not always need to dial up frequencies.

Yes, that is understood. There will be many comments and suggestions that will he considered. Obviously FAA vs ICAO is one of them.

Thank you for taking on this project! A proper ATC simulation has been desired for decades.

• Like 1

Hmmm ....... my read of this topic suggests no direct speech recognition for PF (VFR) use is planned and that my long term investments in TTS voices can not be used for the PNF (IFR) & hence not match the same MCE co-pilot.

On 3/30/2022 at 7:51 PM, Ilari Kousa said:

A proper ATC simulation has been desired for decades.

I thought there had been one for over a decade.

for now, cheers

john martin

On 4/1/2022 at 12:12 AM, vadriver said:

I thought there had been one for over a decade.

There has. Radar Contact v4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 3/28/2022 at 10:52 PM, pgde said:

Thanks Steve for the info. I assume that compatibility will include the default nav info in P3D? I am not a SimBrief user and use LNM as a planning aid.

Keep up the good work!

Simbrief far better choice 😉

André

Here we go again. Almost a year later and it's still "coming soon".  Developers need to stop this right now. And you all should stop falling for it. Haven't you learned anything? If a developer annonounces that something is coming soon, and still pretends that it's coming soon a year later, this clearly indicates some unhealthy desperation and/or lack of judgment regarding how long something takes to develop.

We've seen a lot of "coming soon" software over the years. Almost 100% of them never happened, or some unfinished pre-alpha version was finally released in desperation and then abandoned. Good luck guys.

• Upvote 1

We posted the second video which handles descent, arrival clearance, landing, and taxiing.

Sorry for the weather glitch at 1:20... weather was freshly injected at the time of the communication. P3D TrueSky can do that during interpolation.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software