Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

New Atc software announced

9 minutes ago, Steve Halpern said:

We posted the second video which handles descent, arrival clearance, landing, and taxiing.

Sorry for the weather glitch at 1:20... weather was freshly injected at the time of the communication. P3D TrueSky can do that during interpolation.

So with this program, how does it handle the user aircraft with AI Traffic? With previous AI programs, the two were not connected. And what I mean is, ATC did not accurately inject your aircraft into the pattern or STAR arrival with other aircraft. So in other words, does this program know where your aircraft is in relation to other AI traffic and accurately positions you in front of or behind other aircraft making the same approach? 

1 hour ago, Deltaair1212 said:

So in other words, does this program know where your aircraft is in relation to other AI traffic and accurately positions you in front of or behind other aircraft making the same approach

Yes, it does monitor other traffic so it knows where you are in relation to the other traffic around you (FSHud has an internal traffic system that it uses).

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

5 minutes ago, Steve Halpern said:

Yes, it does monitor other traffic so it knows where you are in relation to the other traffic around you (FSHud has an internal traffic system that it uses).

Well that’s cool and all but I’m talking about on approach. I live near KIAH Bush Intercontinental Airport. As you can imagine during peak times of the day it gets very busy. To the point where you can have as much as 6-7 aircraft on approach to the same runway. Of course this is made possible by modern separation standards and more advance STAR approaches. In the sim, this is not accurately represented. I use ProATC/X and although this program is light years ahead of the default program, it is still elementary with its capabilities. You say your new program does know where AI is in relation to the user aircraft. But so does PATCX. And all of the other 3rd party ATC software. What I am asking is, are real SID/STAR approaches accurately portrayed with AI traffic. Like for instance, if my aircraft is descending into KIAH and so is four other AI aircraft, will this program recognize the different speeds, and altitudes between each aircraft and then line us up accordingly to where we are within minimum separation? 

When FSHud injects traffic it will use SID/STAR/APPROACH procedures for the traffic and flight plan whenever it is possible (if aircraft capabilities allows it). So at busy airports, 100% of airliners will perform the SID/STAR accordingly.

FSHud continuously measures and forecasts conflicts - including potential collisions or aircraft too close together... Which means FSHud continuously applies traffic separation. AI Traffic would be injected within clear time slots. You will get the complete experience while AI traffic follows the procedure, one after the other, with applied separation.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

2 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

FSHud has an internal traffic system that it uses

Steve

Sounds promising ...... one assumes that it, like another ATC addon, will read the traffic.bgl's of one's inventory, then create a flight route for each & every route that includes a SID/STAR exit/entry that may vary with weather throughout the flight (& with or without transitions as appropriate).

Further, it will then be interesting to hear how assigned STARS (30mins to touchdown) for example will be adjusted for later weather changes ........ perhaps not changing providing the downwind is <15kts (&/or would FSHud use "future metars as possible with historical weather".

for now, cheers

john martin

Sounds good.  Will the controllers/pilots be able to talk a little faster do you think? 

2 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

When FSHud injects traffic it will use SID/STAR/APPROACH procedures for the traffic and flight plan whenever it is possible (if aircraft capabilities allows it). So at busy airports, 100% of airliners will perform the SID/STAR accordingly.

FSHud continuously measures and forecasts conflicts - including potential collisions or aircraft too close together... Which means FSHud continuously applies traffic separation. AI Traffic would be injected within clear time slots. You will get the complete experience while AI traffic follows the procedure, one after the other, with applied separation.

If this is all true then I am excited for it. It has been much needed. No offense to past developers on 3rd party ATC software but as far as ATC goes we have been in the Stone Age since FS2004 came out. I just pray that all of these things actually get delivered and this isn’t just smoke and mirrors. Like back in 2017 when REX was hyping up Sky Force saying it was a revolutionary cloud rendering product and it turned out to be Rex Essential + with lipstick on. So you can imagine why our community has our doubts. Another good example is Eaglesoft with their Citation X, XLS, and Challenger 604 projects. All “coming soon” for about 3 years now. 

22 minutes ago, VHOJT said:

Will the controllers/pilots be able to talk a little faster do you think?

& all use "paired (flight) numbers" ....... as per ICAO/FAA etc.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

11 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

I just pray that all of these things actually get delivered

mostly upfront ...... but still a long way to go to "coming soon"

plus, i'd like to see a "demo video" of RNAV SIDS& STARS with transitions (using climb/descend via's) from KSFO for example.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

20 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

When FSHud injects traffic it will use SID/STAR/APPROACH procedures for the traffic and flight plan whenever it is possible (if aircraft capabilities allows it). So at busy airports, 100% of airliners will perform the SID/STAR accordingly. AI Traffic would be injected within clear time slots. You will get the complete experience while AI traffic follows the procedure, one after the other, with applied separation.

What do you mean by "injects traffic"? 

Traffic programs like traffic manager from AIG or the infamous UT Live  will inject AI traffic. This is an ATC program. Does it have a database and a whole bunch of AI models to be injected into the sim??

• Upvote 1

Is this just for the big tin...

any good for large GA like Real Airs Duke etc?

Does this mean the application will allow the user to select which runways are in use for takeoff/landing?

1 hour ago, davenicoll said:

Is this just for the big tin...

Of course. GA aircraft still fly IFR in the real world. A Cessna 172 can shoot ILS approaches and with a G1000 fly complex departures and arrivals. It doesn’t matter the aircraft size, it’s about the avionics inside of the aircraft. 

4 hours ago, davenicoll said:

for mine ....... no.

without speech recognition, there's no way to simulate single pilot ops.

for now, cheers

john martin

Don't know if this has been questioned before but is it possible to install FSHud on a networked pc?

That would be quite essential for me.

Active Sky, Radar Contact, TopCat, Navigraph Charts, SPAD.neXt, and PFPX are all running from my networked pc with either WideClient or Simconnect.

• Like 1

Rune B.