Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

New Atc software announced

This looks great and will probably get it.  But I am a little confused.  I use AIG traffic.  Will this not work then?  Any point in getting this software until it does work with AIG??

Thanks

Darcy

It does work with AIG, if you use the BGL AIG files, not the new format. I've just purchased fshub and it does parse the AIG bgl traffic files for my setup

• Like 1

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

30 minutes ago, Ian S said:

does the AI behave more realistically than previously, specifically, does landing AI vacate the runway in a timely fashion, does traffic waiting to take off line up and wait whilst the preceding aircraft is still in take-off mode, and does ATC manage single runway operations more efficiently, ie allowing for take-offs in between incoming arrivals when time permits?

Yes, yes, and yes. 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

1 hour ago, DModjo said:

I wasn't able to hear any AI aircraft communicating on the Clearance Delivery frequency - has this not been modelled?

Regarding ATC Communication and procedures - AI Traffic is treated identically to the user aircraft, with ATC communication flows being identical. The reason you may not have heard clearance delivery is probably because it was on a separate channel.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

2 hours ago, Juliet Alpha said:

What, does this software/program include charts (no Navigraph needed?)?!?

It reads all the AFCADs of your P3D installation and generates airport diagrams showing runways, taxiways and parking positions. Taxiways are named allowing you to easily follow ATC instructions to get from stand to runway holding point. Other Ai aircraft are also shown.

A Navigraph account is required to keep the data up to date. SIDs, STARs etc.

The link I provided earlier will give a complete overview of what the program can do.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Juliet Alpha said:

What, does this software/program include charts (no Navigraph needed?)?!?

Includes: SIDs, STARS, Enroute low and high, Airport diagrams including gates and taxi routing with moving map on all charts. Integrates with Simbrief and Topcat if you have that. All information a simmer needs for IFR flight. Not as detailed as Navigraphs Jef charts but nothing left out you need and IMHO much easier to use. Shows Meteorological data, integrate check list and much more.

I keep a Navigraph Nav Data subscription to keep my FMC and real-world routes up to date but by no means required, just a luxury. Navigraph will update your EFB. 

Like Ray said, go try it out for free and decide for yourself. Very inexpensive for a one-time purchase of world charts.

• Like 1

Vic green

2 hours ago, vincentrouleau said:

It does work with AIG, if you use the BGL AIG files, not the new format. I've just purchased fshub and it does parse the AIG bgl traffic files for my setup

Well that would render this program useless then. Because AIG is porting over all of the flight plans to the new format. Welp. I guess I’ll be opting out of this traffic program. Sad I was even excited about it 

I'll be opting out also. I don't like pre-generated bgl ATC files and won't give up Active Sky and UTL. I don't understand how Active Sky could influence the sim once the FSHub bgl is generated. Maybe in several releases I will look at this again.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 hour ago, Deltaair1212 said:

Because AIG is porting over all of the flight plans to the new format

We mentioned before that we are only STARTING with the BGL system for traffic. It is most important to make sure the ATC engine is stable. Everyone has at a minimum the default BGL traffic. Then we work to make AIG and other traffic formats available. What if we are able to create a simple import format so any traffic program can export to a plain and simple list! Then virtual airlines could easily incorporate traffic through Notepad.

I am simply saying that what we have now is simply the core engine, and we build from here. We of course are not going to limit the system to only simple BGL's. We are just starting there.

• Upvote 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

31 minutes ago, pgde said:

I don't like pre-generated bgl ATC files and won't give up Active Sky and UTL

Even UTL uses per-generated ATC. See my previous post just above. We want to make sure everything organized and stable at the base level, then move to the next steps which includes adjustments for Active Sky weather and an expandable traffic system.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

I must admit to being mystified by the opposition to BGL generated AIG traffic.

The only difference between those and the later AIGFP files is the former uses GCR and the latter, jet routes.

When you’re taxiing out there is no difference. When you’re airborne then you’ll see other traffic in your vicinity but unless you have a moving map with jet routes you’ll never know the difference.

The major advantage of BGL-sourced plans is you can edit the file with AIFP. This is sometimes necessary when the author has included a payware aircraft in the package. Unless you have bought it those flights will not appear. They’ll show in AIFP as NO PAINT.

But by editing the BGL you can swap that aircraft for a similar freeware one and after compiling you’ll see it. I’ve done this countless times to ensure all flights appear.

There is no comparable editor for AIGFP files for the casual user like us.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So I did go ahead and buy this software and I am enjoying the ATC on my first flight.  So far so good and the traffic works just fine.  

Thanks!

Edited by Darcy

1 hour ago, Steve Halpern said:

We mentioned before that we are only STARTING with the BGL system for traffic. It is most important to make sure the ATC engine is stable. Everyone has at a minimum the default BGL traffic. Then we work to make AIG and other traffic formats available. What if we are able to create a simple import format so any traffic program can export to a plain and simple list! Then virtual airlines could easily incorporate traffic through Notepad.

I am simply saying that what we have now is simply the core engine, and we build from here. We of course are not going to limit the system to only simple BGL's. We are just starting there.

Hmmmm ok. IFFFFF I were to purchase this program, I am also concerned about loosing another feature I cannot fly without. There is a program called AI Ground that lengthens the takeoff and landing rolls of aircraft for a more realistic feel. It does Unfortunately claim to also control AI on the ground. Another program I use control aircraft coming in on approach and will soften the landings of the AI because the default AI code has them just drop out of the sky onto the runway. Does your program fix these issues so I don’t have to run these third party software? Because I’m afraid they would conflict with your program anyways because they do take control of the AI in certain scenarios. I use them with PATCX and they seem to pair up just fine although there are some issues with both programs fighting over control. 

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The major advantage of BGL-sourced plans is you can edit the file with AIFP.

Indeed ........ I have never used AIGAIM (OCI or manually). 

Only yesterday (& as I have for almost a decade), I downloaded the recent FIJ AIG flightplan zip, edited it, then compiled it with AIFP to a bgl.

Today, I have several of BZ's plans to do the same with. There are many more to do for S22 by others than there are from AIG.

• Upvote 1

for now, cheers

john martin

Sit Rep on this please?  Doesn't appear to be for sale,

spacer.png