Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

New Atc software announced

10 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

Yes, yes, and yes. 🙂

Thanks Steve

Ian S

38.jpg

Sit rep please, doesn't appear ready or available for purchase.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I must admit to being mystified by the opposition to BGL generated AIG traffic.

The only difference between those and the later AIGFP files is the former uses GCR and the latter, jet routes.

When you’re taxiing out there is no difference. When you’re airborne then you’ll see other traffic in your vicinity but unless you have a moving map with jet routes you’ll never know the difference.

The major advantage of BGL-sourced plans is you can edit the file with AIFP. This is sometimes necessary when the author has included a payware aircraft in the package. Unless you have bought it those flights will not appear. They’ll show in AIFP as NO PAINT.

But by editing the BGL you can swap that aircraft for a similar freeware one and after compiling you’ll see it. I’ve done this countless times to ensure all flights appear.

There is no comparable editor for AIGFP files for the casual user like us.

That's a good point, but aren't some AIG plans AIGFP only? I suppose there must be some advantages to it otherwise why bother developing it?

I see Steve has already addressed that fact that AIGFP compatibility is the aim in due course. 

Ian S

38.jpg

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

why bother developing it?

As Ray wrote, it introduced ATS routing along with pattern flightplans (for sim AI use) that is not possible with bgl's. It is these pattern flightplans (eg TNG's) which are not thus inherently available for bgl compilation.

Now if you have an ATC off-line addon which has its own route planner (FSHud & VoxATC), the only data you need from any plan is schedule/depature & destination/aircraft type along with an airac to assist those programs to compile their own sid/star/enroute jetway routing for its own spawn (ie not using the sim's) ....... a better result in my opinion.

So, no need for AIGFP's for 2 pilot gate to gate operations by RPT's etc.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

F1agent is just something related to ORBX Central, AerosoftOne, Contrail, ...

I have just purchased FSHud ATC via F1agent (35$) with the main purpose to support the developer. I cannot see to use it right now because of lacking AIG support. I'm hopping not to become disappointed in this regard.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

5 hours ago, Ian S said:

That's a good point, but aren't some AIG plans AIGFP only? I suppose there must be some advantages to it otherwise why bother developing it?

They might be but I downloaded everything a few years ago which were BGL only. With the lockdown over the last two years the aviation industry was frozen so nothing was updated.

Bear in mind AIG is run by enthusiasts so they strive to make things as close as possible to the real thing. For the vast majority of us just seeing a good representation of the real world in our sim is enough.

I’d be surprised if the BGL option was withdrawn. Maybe @Kaiii3could comment.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello and apologies for my poor English

I am looking to purchase FSHud, but would like some information from current users/publisher.
1. currently my traffic is in three locations (three separate folders): first from AIG (OCI), second with non-OCI traffic, which is recommended by AIG, and third from MAIW with military traffic. Of course, basically all of it is based on BGL format, but isn't it a problem for FSHud that all traffic is not in one place
(2) I would also ask for information on how FSHud handles time acceleration - unfortunately a small amount of free time does not allow me to do real-time flights. I fly NGXu and on a flyby I accelerate 4x.
3. is there no problem with using historical weather from AS?
4) I would like to ask if FSHud allows setting preferred runways for take-off and landing and how it deals with crossing roads - e.g. at EPWA there are crossing runways, where e.g. RWY 29 is used for take-offs (except for havy AC, for which it is usually too short) and RWY 33 for landings. Is it possible to set such preferences?
5. does the current version of FSHud have an option to ask for a left/right turn to avoid bad weather? This option is sorely lacking in competing ATC applications?
6. does FSHud allow you to request "direct to" a specific waypoint.
7. does FSHud allow you to request a hold e.g. to wait out a storm over an airport - this option is also lacking in competing applications.
8. if I may, I would like to ask for information on how FSHud handles the management of AI - as I understand the movement is done according to SID/STAR procedures and airways generated from the navigation database - what is the issue of separation, do the AI perform a holding when, for example at the airport is a queue for landing
9) Is the AI level set by FSHud - currently in P3d I have AI set to 75%, similarly in BGL files and I am wondering if FSHud has its own settings or if it takes settings from P3D/bgl.

Sorry for the amount of questions and thanks in advance for the answer

Best regards

Grzegorz

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’d be surprised if the BGL option was withdrawn. Maybe @Kaiii3could comment.

If you have downloaded (started with) AIG within the last few months, you don't have any -bgl traffic files. I think Kai commented on this in this thread too. AFAIK, there is currently no option to revert to .bgl.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

BGL is a hot topic at the moment over at AIG. the well know TXT/BGL format has it downsides we would like to overcome at some point. Even when using some 3rd Party addon to get the routes for airliners:

- You can only have 100 Flights per Airplane. For some small airlines this is already tricky in a one year rotation.

- VFR flights are always GCM, with AIGFP we can add routes based on Landmarks (no route generator can do that at the moment)

And then some AIGTC exlusive stuff will be lost as well:

- Helicopters

- Airborn operations (waterdrop, refueling, following other vehicles,...)

We will monitor the development of P3D/MSFS and what the majority of the community is going to use. Regarding an Edtor for the files: One of our Devs who wanted to write it is currently inactive because of real life issue so it might take some more time - this will be on of the projects I do not take over (I have already far to much on my list xD )

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Just now, Nemo said:

If you have downloaded (started with) AIG within the last few months, you don't have any -bgl traffic files. I think Kai commented on this on this thread too. AFAIK, there is currently no option to revert to .bgl.

P3D can always reverted with some steps and a "before-backup" (just in case)

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

1. FSHud scans all traffic in all BGL files that are mapped in the simulator

2. FSHud completely supports acceleration up to 4X. When you are accelerating more than 1X, the radio communications are muted and you can only see text messages. At 2x - 4x, things happen much faster - and normal voice ATC instructions can hang parts of the referencing system, like landing clearance (e.g. an aircraft landing before ATC voice playback is completed and confirmed). So at more than 1x, you have to monitor the FSHud text messages more closely.

3. FSHud does not care where weather comes from, whether today or historical. It pulls current weather parameters from the simulator at this time, with expansion planed for live Active Sky integration.

4. Users can select and override the Takeoff/Landing runway at any stage of flight. FSHud uses all available and capable runways for takeoffs and landings.

5. Weather deviations will occur in a future version.

6. Yes, as long as the waypoint belongs to the Flight Plan, and the waypoint is located in the same ATC controlled airspace.

7. Not at this time.

8. The AI is handled just the same as the user aircraft, with SID/STAR and other procedure routing, with proper separation between all AI and the user aircraft.

9. You have to turn off all traffic in P3D settings (set the slider to 0). FSHud needs exclusive control of the system. You can adjust the level in FSHud settings.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

If you have downloaded (started with) AIG within the last few months, you don't have any -bgl traffic files. I think Kai commented on this in this thread too. AFAIK, there is currently no option to revert to .bgl.

I didn’t want to hijack this topic (sorry Steve) but felt it was important to highlight the advantages of BGL files. All my major airlines are BGL. Further discussion is best over at AIG.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I was plane spotting a bit. Enjoying it so far... but the cpu usage is not acceptable as it is now with many AI on ground. >50% for 31 AI on ground:

52020247939_451a42d347_o.jpg

Edited by vincentrouleau

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard