Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

SP1 in last testing phase?

On another forum someone said he is a FSX SP1 beta-tester: he has had 3 beta's and is currently testing the final patch. On this forum the last news was (AFAIK) that the 2nd beta was posted sometime ago ("SP1 Beta 2 Posted to Testers"). If this is true this would mean that the release of SP at the end of April is stil possible! Can anyone confirm this or is this forbidden due to the NDA...?

>On another forum someone said he is a FSX SP1 beta-tester: he>has had 3 beta's and is currently testing the final patch. On>this forum the last news was (AFAIK) that the 2nd beta was>posted sometime ago ("SP1 Beta 2 Posted to Testers"). >>If this is true this would mean that the release of SP at the>end of April is stil possible! Can anyone confirm this or is>this forbidden due to the NDA...?Which forum was this on then?

Hi there,he's lying, plain and simple.Anyone who claims to be a Beta tester and provides information not previoulsy posted on any of the ACES blogs or FSInsider is by definition an unreliable source because he's either lying about being a tester or breaking a strict NDA. Take your pick ;-)Cheers, Holger

Phil Taylors blog said specifically: that they were hoping to have the final version finished late last week, which is 4/18, 4/19, 4/20...and then have a two week test pass.So that equates to that first week of May for release.That's the only reliable info there is. And of course it all depends on 1) whether or not the final ver was in fact finished last week, and2) whether or not the two week test pass comes up with any problemsAnything else you hear is not reliable. ;)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest allcott

I am not on the beta test team, not covered by the NDA and I can reliably inform you with 100% certainty that SP1 will be here, when it's here, and not before.:)Allcott

>I am not on the beta test team, not covered by the NDA and I>can reliably inform you with 100% certainty that SP1 will be>here, when it's here, and not before.:)Can you document that?:( VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest allcott

>Can you document that?>>>:( >>VicYes. I just printed this page out.:-wave :-bla Allcott

>I am not on the beta test team, not covered by the NDA and I>can reliably inform you with 100% certainty that SP1 will be>here, when it's here, and not before.:)>>>>AllcottBut will it arrive before FS-11?;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Andre77ab

Don't rush too much guys, better wait a week more, but have a REAL improovement (also under Vista) than have it now with bugs, isn't it?....hope that with this Sp1 they will update and will allow to do so the navdata base.And also to improove the 2d view with the widescreen (since all laptop and some desktop have a 16:10 screen) also Dell is certified with FSX and they have a XPS M1710 monster machine with this aspect ratio.Andy

Guest allcott

Andy, I rather think you might have to wait for the Expansion Pack to get those kind of improvements. And I think you ought to steel yourself to the end of the 2d panel era anyway after this revolution of the sim - there has been no work whatsoever in 2d panel enhancement for FSX over FS9, beyond a new bitmap here and there, suggesting that the massively-improved VC is the way of the future. And if you're using widescreen you can see that in the simulator as a 2d panel cant ever match the differing ratios for all types and styles of widescreen, not without overloading on panel bitmaps and trebling or quadrupling up on gauges.Allcott