Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Recommend X Box Controller

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend an Xbox controller model that is suitable for PC. Would like to use one for MSFS panning etc. I know little about them, do you recommend Wireless or Wired ? If wired, are they USB ?

Thanks in advance.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I use the Microsoft wireless controller (i actually have three of them!) Works good with the drone camera. It uses bluetooth with a little dongle that you put in one of your USB ports. About $50 on ebay or Amazon.

• Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

I got a wired one at Amazon for like $28   It works perfectly. I only use it for the drone. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I got a wired one at Amazon for like $28   It works perfectly. I only use it for the drone. 

Can you provide a link to that please?

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I have used an Xbox controller for many years, first with FSX, then with P3D, and finally with MSFS. I've also owned various other hardware controllers but definitely prefer the Xbox controller. It feels more natural to me, and the camera POV control is the best I've seen, and works straight out of the box, without having to be set up or programmed.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

And finally they fixed the drop with throttle and propellers when it goes to sleep and reactivated (x360 version )

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I use my PS4 controller for all my other PC games but have not tried it in MSFS yet, never thought of using a controller for the drone & looking around until I saw your post. Good idea. 

If you have the Sony console test the controller out in MSFS before buying a new Xbox one. 

Thanks everyone.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

16 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend an Xbox controller model that is suitable for PC. Would like to use one for MSFS panning etc. I know little about them, do you recommend Wireless or Wired ? If wired, are they USB ?

Thanks in advance.

The Xbox elite controller .. best on the market

https://www.amazon.com/Elite-2-Controller-Black-Xbox-One/dp/B07SFKTLZM/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=xbox+ultimate+control&qid=1625583266&s=electronics&sr=1-5

• Like 1

I have a cheapy wired aftermarket ps4 style controller i bought at walmart as well as a wireless xbox one controller that I use for the drone camera. Just map the controls like you would use for an fpv drone and it works great. Used the same ones in p3d with chaseplane as well.

Edited by CaptainNick

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor