Sign in to follow this  
antonvs

Strange orphaned window overlapping LNM in Linux

Long time user of LNM in FSX, P3D, XP11 and now MSFS and trying to set up as a remote on a spare notebook running Linux (PopOS, KDE-plasma)

After installing LNM loads ok but there is a small orphaned window that sits on top of and to the side of LNM that appears to be left from when LNM loads.

I can move the LNM window around but the other (unlabelled) window remains on top of LNM. I did a fresh download and the same thing happens

Love some help on this please (I did try to do a search for "Linux" as a keyword but nothing shows. This is a separate issue I have with searches in AVSIM.

(See attachment)

https://mega.nz/file/Gw1UmS7Z#6tacjfscfJ1yAvO92WwypfG972enwuS8o_zt3H9QSiI

Edited by antonvs

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Hi Anton,

I develop on Kubuntu 20.04 and have seen this, although rarely. Probably an issue with KDE. It always disappeared after restarting LNM.

Does LNM menu -> "Window" -> "Reset Window Layout to default" help? This will put all undocked windows back into the main one.
There are no undocked windows per default in LNM and I guess these are ones.

You can also try to use another GUI theme in LNM menu -> "Window" -> "Style"

Alex

Hello Alex, and thank you for your reply. I tried the to options you suggested but I think it may be something else. I'm using 21.04 version which may have changed the way LNM is rendered.

This orphan window I speak of appear as soon as LNM loads and stays on the screen in a fixed position until LNM is closed. Here is another link showing the two themes, but most significantly is shot of the window still appearing even after minimizing LNM to the desktop.

https://mega.nz/folder/D51R1C7b#UMvSz6Wv2yUmzj8m9l3mAA

Hope this helps, Cheers Anton.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

In the KDE system settings is an option for display and compositor. You can try to change the settings there but apart from this I have no idea what is going on there.
I probably have to update LNM to a newer Qt version. Currently using the last long term support version.

Alex

• Like 1