Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

Just flight stopped development for Fokker 28 p3d

I think it's fair enough for them to deiced to switch to a more "dominate platform"

But it's also fair to blame them taking too long for development thus let the platform switching happen in the first place...

25 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

The real one took less time...

🤣🤣🤣

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

A shame but realistic it seems all the payware developers are in the same boat and interestingly some of the outstanding community or freeware modellers of yesteryear have also stopped (but that includes not doing MSFS). I do work with a couple of niche payware developers (performance, handling,,flight dynamics, engines etc) and they have seen their P3D sales slow to a trickle and that trickle is not commercially viable. FSX is basically covered for aircraft but is a development dead end being 32 bit. 

MSFS will never be a viable platform for me due to it's internet connectivity bandwith demands and there are a significant number of simmers who have the same issue or just cannot abide the megadownload sizes that the system demands. Neil's view sums it up really when MSFS have squeezed everyone out of the market MS will have a change of focus and can you see them maintaining Petabytes of data just for simmer access and who is going to fix it when it invariably goes bad (which it will). 

I am annoyed at the F28 business though - waited for years and years for a good F28 so many tantalising snippets of what was coming and now it is not and like the Fokker aircraft company itself I guess it is now dead (They won't get this one functioning in MSFS like it could have in P3D or XPlane). 

I am more sanguine about it all really after all I think LM have now got a great simultator happening and I am now at an age where I no longer care that is to say P3D is the end of the line for me anyway. I have a great sim, all the aircraft I was ever interested in, great scenery so I can live without the F28, after all I have up until now all through a decade plus of FSX!

Edited by coastaldriver
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, coastaldriver said:

I am annoyed at the F28 business though - waited for years and years

Indeed, same with other products that were teased definitely.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Meh.  It's not like my enjoyment of this hobby ever hinged on anything JustFlight did.  I'd feel the same if someone told me that Perfect Flight or Abacus is abandoning P3D...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I was wondering why the P3D offering stopped appearing on Just Flight's In Development page. Now it makes sense to me. 

Keith Guillory

I do wonder about the future of P3D as far as the home customer is concerned. In my opinion, the flightsim community embraced P3D back in the day because a hole was left in the market when Microsoft decided to abandon development of a successor to FSX. However, now that a viable replacement has been released (and one that seems to have been welcomed by a rather large audience), I feel that the survival of P3D as a home consumer package is on a knife edge. If more and more addon developers decide to abandon P3D in favour of MSFS, then I do not see a bright future for it.

I have become rather "burned out" on flight simulation this year, and just recently I decided to uninstall P3Dv4 and all of my addons. I have no intention to rush into buying a replacement, as I am not sure that the new Microsoft Flight Simulator will be the answer. In short, simply flying planes from Point A to Point B over nice scenery is not doing it for me anymore.

Frankly, I would be more interested in a smaller, self contained simulator that is more "goal oriented", and does not include the entire globe. That being the case, Deadstick would have been of interest to me, but I have not seen any updates regarding this software for quite some time. I have also not had a response to a message that I sent to them via their website....

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I do wonder about the future of P3D as far as the home customer is concerned.

I think it's how most of think what the P3D market would look like in a couple of years... I can only see Milviz continuing commercial P3D development as they do have commercial options for military institutions. (B-52, F15C, F16, T-39C, T-6A, AT-6, etc) and many of those institutions do actually rely on P3D for their simulation training.

Really all I see P3D being right now is a stop-gap between addons that aren't out for MSFS (right now there's only the Aerosoft CRJ, but theres more to come). Most developers are really only abandoning P3D because MSFS is a gold mine, it's a newly released platform, it introduced so many people to the flightsim market, and as Derek said, it wasn't too hard to port their P3D offering and soup it up and make it more appealing. If you produce a high quality product for MSFS, you sure are going to get quite a bit more sales. 

• Like 1

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!! 

MSFS is for me a "VFR Simulator" at the moment.

VFR flying with friends online, having a great time seeing places more detailed as you can see them in P3D is really nice and makes a lot of fun for me but not for more atm.

Probably in the future if there are aircrafts coming from FSLabs, PMDG etc. ill change my mind but than it will be a cost factor.

I am not sure if I am willing to spend my money for that if P3D still runs nice and smooth 😄

The fact is that a lot of devs. have reduced their support for P3D a lot and concentrate on MSFS unfortunately. We P3D customers are still out there 😛

Edited by Flyinggok

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

On 7/6/2021 at 7:13 AM, kaha said:

I use MSFS, but I keep P3D V5. Probably I will not go to V6 then because I don't want to loose even more aircraft. 

Karl

So prepare for Microsoft to stop supporting MSFS just like they did with FSX.  The main reason I never picked up MSFS even to look at it.

Jim

• Upvote 1

To be totally honest, ill be surprised if the 747 or the A300 ever see the light of day. I understand that they say they are still in development, but if that's how they feel about P3D now why even bother to continue developing them? Unless the release date is a few months away, is there any point? Things are moving forward very quickly in the world of flight simming these days and just flights dev times are very long.    

On 7/6/2021 at 6:30 AM, Shomron said:

I will stay  with the real simulator Prepar3D. If i want to play a game then i go with GTA or MSFS or something else

8 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I do wonder about the future of P3D as far as the home customer is concerned. In my opinion, the flightsim community embraced P3D back in the day because a hole was left in the market when Microsoft decided to abandon development of a successor to FSX. However, now that a viable replacement has been released (and one that seems to have been welcomed by a rather large audience), I feel that the survival of P3D as a home consumer package is on a knife edge. If more and more addon developers decide to abandon P3D in favour of MSFS, then I do not see a bright future for it.

P3D is done as a home entertainment sorry, academic-level flight sim.
The addon market 'well' has already significantly dried up. Once the projects that are already underway/near completion have been released, there will be further transfers of third party developer attention away from P3D and towards MSFS and XP (which, unlike P3D, seems to have retained its market).

Other than commercial and military customers, who will have their needs met by bespoke side projects from our favourite developers, there is no volume to support the platform with new products. The only new addons for P3D will come from low margin/low quality developers, just as we saw with FSX and FS9 before it.

While P3D remains my main flight sim (for now), I'm very sure that there will be very few purchases left to make for it.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 7/6/2021 at 6:45 AM, SimeonWilbury said:

I'm very fond of the VC10 but the JF aircraft (VC10 Professional) is still suffering from the same bugs in the DC electrical system in v4 that it did on release and lacks a proper load manager utility meaning I very rarely fly it.

I'm also disappointed that VC10 Pro hasn't been updated to be compatible with v5 at all (I get a CTD if I try and load the plane). The standard VC10 loads but it's much more simplistic than the pro.

Let's keep this on topic, please

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case