Sign in to follow this  
177B

DC6 pop out GPS working now

This is great the 430 now works in AirManager and Knobster controls it just like the rest of the instruments and radios, so much easier than tuning with a mouse.

I am not sure if it was the pms50-gns530 mod or if it was the latest update. I did not see anything in the notes about pop out, so I think it may be the mod that makes it work.

Below is a photo of my AirManager screen with all the working instruments and radios.

DC6430.jpeg

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

I tried latest version, but couldn't figure out how to make GNS430 pop up?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

12 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

right alt + click

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

36 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

It may be that you have to install the mod:

pms50-gns530

https://github.com/pimarc/pms50-gns530

And then the Right Alt-Mouse click works like all other popouts in the sim.

Edited by 177B

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

18 minutes ago, 177B said:

It may be that you have to install the mod:

pms50-gns530

https://github.com/pimarc/pms50-gns530

And then the Right Alt-Mouse click works like all other popouts in the sim.

Thanks! I got the mod already!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Can you do a GPS approach with vertical guidance ( a glide path ) using the GNS430 in the DC-6?

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

Yes you can do an ILS approach with glide path with the built in 430.
Yes the DC6 built in GPS works with the flight planner, it starts with the flightplan loaded.

3 hours ago, SoJourned said:

Yes you can do an ILS approach with glide path with the built in 430.

My question above was meant to be specific to a RNAV (GPS) approach (e.g., LPV, LNAV/VNAV or LNAV+V type approach, etc), not to an ILS approach. And a related question, do any of the GPS GTN750 or GNS530 mods support LPV, LNAV/VNAV or LNAV+V type approaches?

Thx,

Al

Just wondering how you guys get decent performance with popped out gauges?  Any time I do it the FPS drops significantly in the primary cockpit view.  It's nice to be able to pop them out, but not with a 40-50% FPS hit.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Just wondering how you guys get decent performance with popped out gauges?  Any time I do it the FPS drops significantly in the primary cockpit view.  It's nice to be able to pop them out, but not with a 40-50% FPS hit.

Yep same issue here.

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

43 minutes ago, flyinion said:

It seems to make no difference for me. Maybe 1 or 2 fps.

And I have an old system described below, and I run 4 screens, one with AirManager. Most settings on High.

Pit.jpg