Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Kudos to PMDG

52 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

I fully agree with you, For most of us avsim and flightsim  aficionados, $100 might be bearable, as we just want to have that plane. But we are the minority. I have no idea, how many copies PMDG was able to sell for the P3D version, but looking at it from a pure marketing point of view and taking into consideration the vast number of MSFS users compared to P3D, my guess is that, if they would price it at around $60, they would sell a vast number of copies more. Lower profit per copy, but an overall much healthier bottom line. Just my 2 cents.

True, once it is programmed, whether they sell a 1000 copies or 10,000 copies, there expenses are pretty much the same. The extra 9,000 would just give them around a half a million dollars more profit. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

True, once it is programmed, whether they sell a 1000 copies or 10,000 copies, there expenses are pretty much the same. The extra 9,000 would just give them around a half a million dollars more profit. 

Don't forget that they will have to support 10X the number of users.

• Like 4

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

I'm sure when I bought the original disc version of the PMDG 737 for FS9, it was only about £30/$40 or thereabouts. So they haven't always been expensive.

3 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

You think those newbies are going to fork over 100+$ for a 737 you will be rudely awakened. The DEMAND will be not so much greater than in P3D which will cost the same in MSFS. Most will still fly the A320nx imo.

I am talking about the enthusiast not the casuals.  .    

6 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Yeah, PMDG said it would cost $140 USD or something like that, lol.  Well, let's hope they will surprise us with the final price.  I guess we will see.

I am pretty sure now PMDG has understood the market pretty well with MSFS and they are happy now seeing a lot of new people are getting to know MSFS, therefore I don't think the 737 will be more expensive than its P3D counterpart but I would expect it to be cheaper in a range between 10$-20$ than the P3D version. 

On a side note, really really PMDG has done a perfect job with the DC-6, I have never expected myself to be addicted to it as I have always flown airliners in P3D and XP and DC6 in these platforms never caught my attention. But holy the DC-6 in MSFS, it is immersive and addictive at the same time as result of PMDG good job and MSFS as a platform! 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

53 minutes ago, Barnes said:

Don't forget that they will have to support 10X the number of users.

The most intelligent answer I've ever heard from a Gorn! 😁

I've been saying that all along....Yes....PMDG could make alot more money selling 10,000 copies at $50 vs 3000 at $100...but then they'd have to support all those "simmers" who would have no real interest in learning/operating a complex airliner...they'd be submitting support ticket after support ticket, flooding the forums with "I hit CTRL+E and the engines won't start"....or "This thing can't fly inverted under the Golden Gate like my Bredok3d 737 can.....and it doesn't have those cool engine scallop thingies like my trusty Bredok3d 737 has....that is surely a modeling bug, how could they miss that!" 🙄

Time will only tell what the price will be....regardless it should be an awesome product for MSFS.

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

5 hours ago, remilton said:

It will take a lot of convincing to get me to pay any price approaching $100 for 1 aircraft.

Don’t worry we are up to the task lol. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

5 hours ago, RobJC said:

Don’t worry we are up to the task lol. 

It has happened more than once.😁

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

Remember those of us who bought the NGXu before a certain date will be getting a discount on the NG3 in any case. Regards.

• Like 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

16 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I've been saying that all along....Yes....PMDG could make alot more money selling 10,000 copies at $50 vs 3000 at $100...but then they'd have to support all those "simmers" who would have no real interest in learning/operating a complex airliner...they'd be submitting support ticket after support ticket, flooding the forums with "I hit CTRL+E and the engines won't start"....or "This thing can't fly inverted under the Golden Gate like my Bredok3d 737 can.....and it doesn't have those cool engine scallop thingies like my trusty Bredok3d 737 has....that is surely a modeling bug, how could they miss that!" 🙄

Time will only tell what the price will be....regardless it should be an awesome product for MSFS.

C'mon man.  I would submit that forward-thinking companies consider that having a lot of customers to support is a good problem to have.  And the good ol' innernet makes that easier and much more economical to do by way of FAQ's and support forum posts for all to read.  Those younger new simmers that you describe in such a disparaging manner are also a lot more tech savvy and don't need the hand-holding individual support tickets to understand why the aeroplane doesn't fly inverted under a bridge like our generation did. 

Edited by Stoopy
Grammar

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

If you make a good product, there isn't a large amount of support needed. In addition, I believe that many of the support people on the forum are volunteers, and beta testers, so the cost of that is minimal. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

I'm sure when I bought the original disc version of the PMDG 737 for FS9, it was only about £30/$40 or thereabouts. So they haven't always been expensive.

Just pointing out the obvious but the 911 Turbo was also 120K back then, it's 220K out the door now.  Heck, a Hyundai used to be 10K, now they are 30K (also much much nicer) but my point being virtually nothing is the same price it was 15 years ago including cost of living which means employers have to pay more which means product costs have to rise.  PMDG is a business first.  

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

37 minutes ago, psolk said:

Just pointing out the obvious but the 911 Turbo was also 120K back then, it's 220K out the door now.  Heck, a Hyundai used to be 10K, now they are 30K (also much much nicer) but my point being virtually nothing is the same price it was 15 years ago including cost of living which means employers have to pay more which means product costs have to rise.  PMDG is a business first.  

Up to a point, but I actually pay less for a movie on 4K disc today, than I paid for a laserdisc back in the 90's! And the quality of a 4K (let alone the cheaper Blu-ray format) is far and away superior to the earlier more expensive discs. Likewise in real terms, normal PC games are not much dearer. I was paying £45 for a Microprose combat sim in the mid 90's and paid £50 for MS Train Sim in 2001 and most "normal" games still sell for less than that. So not everything goes up in line with inflation or cost of living. The point being, I will happily part with £35 - £40 (depending on exchange rate) for the DC6 but if the 737 comes in at more than around that, it will stay on the digital shelf.

15 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Nah, that's not an intelligent answer at all.. you really think there will be that many support requests from people who fly casually and don't even know how to try so many things? Additionally, most likely support requests will just get ignored as usual, so... 🤣

On 7/7/2021 at 7:40 AM, Peter Webber said:

Remember those of us who bought the NGXu before a certain date will be getting a discount on the NG3 in any case. Regards.

Which is why I doubt that they will be selling this thing under $100. Because that would mean we would get money back instead of spending it. 😉