Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

Haze on the horizon p3dv5.2

Hi just updated to 5.2 and Asp3d to 7851 I have this white haze on the horizon when I am above the clouds does anyone know which setting I can’t adjust/disable to git rid of this effect,I have ea off and using Asp3d default settings.

thanks

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

I would try first turning off VF under "World" and under "Lighting" HDR off..There also is a setting in Prepar3D.cfh under [GRAPHICS] HDR=1, change to HDR=0, the problem with this if you make any changes to P3D weather settings or HDR will revrt back to HDR=1.

I also have EA off.

Next on ASP3D under "Visibility options" just activate "Disable default haze layer". On mine I also use for "Maximum surface visibility and Maximum upper visibility" to 200.

This is what I get

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89xmom9ac3v1csf/EA VC VF HDR OFF.jpg?dl=0

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

2 hours ago, jimimac said:

Hi just updated to 5.2 and Asp3d to 7851 I have this white haze on the horizon when I am above the clouds does anyone know which setting I can’t adjust/disable to git rid of this effect,I have ea off and using Asp3d default settings.

thanks

With EA on, first try to set the maximum cloud visibilty to 200 (not 199 or lower) in ASP3D. This did the trick for many who had this issue. It´s may nessecary to restart P3D and AS. If you use EnvShade clear the shader cash before restart P3D.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Turning off volumetric fog made up big difference,

thank you

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Try the new beta just issued -- version 7857.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

4 hours ago, jimimac said:

Turning off volumetric fog made up big difference,

thank you

Yeah that's caused issues with the horizon for me in the past (one issue was it made the sun appear to go below the ground during sunset/rise but actually was just a weird fog layer it was below). Disabling it causes nice looking horizons above the clouds. 

Edited by CaptainIronside

Is anyone still experiencing this with AS v7857 with EA on?  I'm pulling my hair out trying to run this down.  Default shaders, visibility/draw distance set to maximum for every ASP3D setting I can find.  The minute I close out of ASP3D, the horizon returns to how I'd envision "normal".  At nearly every altitude, I'm still seeing a perpetual white haze at a rather short distance unfortunately.

Another example, at night:

sLqDBAv.png

Edited by CaptKornDog

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

They used to have this problem back in the day..... I remember there was a song about it. 

Smoke on the water.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

20 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Is anyone still experiencing this with AS v7857 with EA on?  I'm pulling my hair out trying to run this down.  Default shaders, visibility/draw distance set to maximum for every ASP3D setting I can find.  The minute I close out of ASP3D, the horizon returns to how I'd envision "normal".  At nearly every altitude, I'm still seeing a perpetual white haze at a rather short distance unfortunately.

Another example, at night:

sLqDBAv.png

Uncheck all reflections in the water setting UI inside P3D.

Eric 

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

Uncheck all reflections in the water setting UI inside P3D.

No changes.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I have tried just about every combination I can find referenced about this banding issue. I have now reverted back to the LM Shaders (and ENVSHADE for the haze control) and no longer use AS for real time weather.

If I use just the standard LM EA, True Sky and Shaders I get no significant white haze banding at all it dissappears - now any haze appears to be dependant upon the cloud being generated and the altitude. The lower you are the better it is or the higher you go there is a shift but it appears to be related to the way EA is driving the light relationship in other words at say F450 there are numerous  bands or rings apparent or evident in the sky overhead that follow the earth circumfrence! They are not haze bands but simply shifts in the way the light is being represented. 

I also now use P3DWX for real time weather generation it is simply set to work with True Sky again no significant haze banding at low - middle and up to about F350. I only get minor blocking of extensive cloud coverage but again a view shift or perspective will change this depending on the angle of view!

It seems to me that AS is doing something with the way it interprets or injects atmospherics, cloud visibility and lighting (and is not working with EA all that well at all)  it is also magnifying wind on water effects in a deleterious way that I cannot work out but it does so as it is driving the wave formation at sea level by a magnification factor of about 3 but reporting nil wind or a light wind but giving you a large swell. 

What I have now is a compromise, EA and True Sky with LM shaders and minor mods from ENVSHADE. P3DWX to provide real time weather. It is not perfect but to my eye more than acceptable in most circumstances.

It seems there is still work to be done by LM with EA and this light/banding issue. 

Examples of these settings

Low level no horizon banding cloud generation fine!

DpNKOLh.jpg

Very high level (F450) the horizon has no white band but there is the upper level banding evident!

IFqbNbm.jpg

It's Active sky problem 100%. Open p3d without AS (clr skies), at sunset. Increase or decrease time until the sun is half set, you can see the sun (clear yellow orange), no fog and it illuminates ground or sea and objects, now open active sky (clear CAVOK weather set manually) and watch how the sun becomes yellowish and grey and it will not illuminate as it did with AS off. They are adding a haze where there should not be haze. It's their fault and unwillingness of fixing this.

Sergio Naiberg