Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

Still here, but my status has changed

Between flight lessons and a change in my job, I find I don't have the time and quite honestly the patience to deal with moderating the forums, so I have dropped that role so I can go back to enjoying the hobby--and saying what I feel :) when I have an opinion on something.Regards,JohnRetired forum moderator :) !!!!!

Guest Paul Heaney

Looking forward to hearing "How you really Fell" It'll be just like Old times! :)

Actually, I don't feel like complaining much about products these days, which seems to be the theme of the moment. I hated being unable to praise products without receiving a PM from someone claiming I was prejudiced. I also honestly felt shy about participating in betas while a moderator here--I really felt it was a conflict of interest and didn't want to be in that position any longer. Now that I am logging some real flight time I find I can add more to some of the work going on out there for the hobby and can accept those offers that come my way.-John

between all the clashes we've had, you've always been a great mod. Thanks for your service, John

Thanks Al,I think I can become a "real person" again and become who I am vs. what I think a moderator is supposed to be. I've been a parent for six years now, and the moments I've enjoyed the most are those where my little girl and I talk like buddies. That's probably the biggest thing I lost by being a mod and it was an identity crisis. That, and if you tell someone you moderate forums at Avsim (no offense Avsim) it's like going to a high school reunion and bragging about what a success you've become. I don't need a title to be a success--just my daughter and wife asking for a hug at bedtime will do, and not blowing my solo :)-John

Guest Peter Sidoli

JohnMany thanks for your efforts from me too :-) Sometimes its time to move on and do what your heart tells you is right.Sometimes we loose track of all the effort and time people put into this hobby, being a moderator must be a tricky and sometimes a no win position to hold and I thank all those who make Avsim run smoothly on our behalf.It is good that you can enjoy your family and feel free to be selective with your aviation interests real or virtual.regardsPeter

Guest Ken_Salter

And a heartfelt thanks from me! You did a great job, and I wish you well on your future endeavors as a "user"! :(

Guest Edam

John is back! Yeah! Welcome back from The Twilight Zone!

All the best John. You were an excellent mod.JimCYWG