Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

FSX is sucky

>Could also be an older person posing as a younger person to>churn up something in what has been a calm place for quite a>while now?-the problem with the internet is that we never>know. Honest questions seem to be met by helpful answers-that>seems to be universal. Those with antagonism seem to be met>with antagonism.>>If it is a young person-don't you find it sad that "sucky" is>a part of their normal vocabulary-do they know what they are>saying? >>In any case-let's tone it down on all sides and get back to>the calmness that has been here for quite a while.>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgYou are right, Geofa. Wind calm, cleared to land. ;-)

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Those screenshots look like they've been through a Photoshop filter. Maybe Impressionist? Maybe not...

Guest BobKK

>>Thank you again Mr L.Adamson.>>I shall try that.>>>>I better go, those mean men below are mad with me.>>Be afraid, be very afraid. One, two, they are coming for>you... Ha-ha. I wonder if the local grammar school let out early today.

Guest Adrian Wainer

Jim wise words there, the only thing I might add is that IMHO "sucky" is a fairly reasonable description of FSX, well at least a lot more accurate that MS's FSX's on box required hardware configuration. Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Hi FolksBrent -Your screenies are showing 2 different matters.Your 2nd screenie is the haze/inversion layer as explained in other posts.The 1st screenie, with the 'smoke' appearing below the user aircraft,(also just visible in screenie 2).Did you use slew mode at all ?If so,there is a known issue where effectsbecome 'stuck' to the aircraft after exiting slew mode.ISTRChanging aircraft then back again should clear it.HTHATBPaulhttp://www.basys.f9.co.uk/resources/images..._sig_500x94.jpg

Guest Len

Another troll. I wonder why people still answer you trolls. Get a life and grow up.Now, now. No need for such a hostile tone. This is a personal attack which shouldn't be tolerated according to the latest rules.

Guest Stoopy

All I know is, mentioning Mother's homemade coffee cake is making me drool. My own Mom, rest her soul, made the most excellent Struesel...good stuff....would give anything for a taste right now. Yummm....Heya Brent, I think ya just got off on the wrong foot with some folks becuase of an innocent spelling mistake - if you meant "dudesters" as in, dudes, well then, it's 'dude-sters" and not "dud-sters' which would have a wholly diferent meaning....know'm'sayin? What a difference a letter makes. :)As for FSX - well, sounds like this is your first full-blown sim, and welcome to the world. The thing is, it's not really trying to be a world/graphic simulator in the sense that everything down on the ground is gonna be shown to the Nth. detail with leaves on the trees and lil' bushes and Taco Bell burrito wrappers blowing around in the streets. What we got is a pretty fair approximation of the world that you have to take as given - now, there's ways to spend more bucks on extra add-ons that increase the level of detail, but for getting the whole world on two DVD's, well, that's about the best that can be done at this point. And the thing is, it's really about aviation anyway, not so much the world in shocking hi-def detail. You gotta consider what the sim is really trying to do and spending all the CPU time on - the mathematics of flight physics, weather physics, AI for the traffic and air traffic control, updating the lil' gauges to reflect every bump in the air and the fuel the engine is consuming, plus updating the graphics and trying to show all the terrain accurately based on your ever-changing position, and many other things - it's just worlds away from the simple stuff that a first-person shooter has to do in a much more limited spatial environment.On top of that, yep there are some known performance items being addressed with a coming patch. Very soon, matter fo a few weeks I'm sure. So hang tight and do what the rest of us do, fine-tune those sliders (which are really meant for systems that don't even exist yet) so it runs decently with a compromise, and you'll soon catch on to the real deal of what this flight simulator (or it's previous version if that's what it takes) can bring to you. As you may see, opinions vary widely and in the recent past it was not always pretty...some of the reactions above are based purley on a desire not to return to that same world which was finally buried. You'll get more than an ample amount of help here once the regulars see you're not out to stur stuff up, which I'm willing to believe you're not trying to do. Cool?

>>Another troll. I wonder why people still answer you trolls.>Get a life and grow up.>>>Now, now. No need for such a hostile tone. This is a personal>attack which shouldn't be tolerated according to the latest>rules.>Alvega hasn't been here long enough to know that Len.I think cutting some slack is in order, if in fact the OP was legit.I do think the OP was legit and not trying to troll. the word 'sucky' though, is not for polite conversation and the original poster should have known that. But a lot of young people don't these days.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I see the old FSX forum hostility is back :)

>Another troll. I wonder why people still answer you trolls.>Get a life and grow up.You have just insulted a newcomer :(

Guest CyberSimmer

Try this link Brent as I'm am sure it will get your FSX looking just as good if not better than Mr. LAdamson'shttp://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FSX_FPS_Guide*note* after you have installed SP1 I would suggest deleting the FSX cfg file! (it will rebuild itself automatically)Welcome to Avsim and best of luckChris

Guest Bob Z

Some time ago someone on this forum remarked that 'It's quite astonishing that FS does what it does'.That's always stuck in my mind and it is certainly true.

>>>>Another troll. I wonder why people still answer you trolls.>>Get a life and grow up.>>>>>>Now, now. No need for such a hostile tone. This is a>personal>>attack which shouldn't be tolerated according to the latest>>rules.>>>Alvega hasn't been here long enough to know that Len.>>I think cutting some slack is in order, if in fact the OP was>legit.>>I do think the OP was legit and not trying to troll. the word>'sucky' though, is not for polite conversation and the>original poster should have known that. But a lot of young>people don't these days.>>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD>250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian caseFor your information, i've been here longer than you. This is just a new account i had to make. Don't jump into conclusions if you don't know the facts.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

>>I do think the OP was legit and not trying to troll. the word>'sucky' though, is not for polite conversation and the>original poster should have known that. But a lot of young>people don't these days.Well, IMHO, yes and no. Yes I think the OP was legit and no I don't think that 'sucky' is an inappropriate word for young people or anyone else for that matter. It is quite common to say that "something sucks" to indicate displeasure with it. Probably derived form the old expression to "suck the hind teat" meaning the runt of the litter or something other that first class.If you mean polite conversation as might be overheard at the Ladies Luncheon - well, I've eavesdropped on some of those and the language would make one blush!IOW, "sucky" is quite common in the vernacular of the US at least.Just MHO,VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors