Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

What's Happening with X-Plane.com

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

VS

The org was the engagement.

Austin/LR can't take the blame for the org being toxic for XP engagement - but they can repair it, by:

Not so....and in an earlier thread you claimed that the x plane developer blog was the engagement...how you constantly rewrite the script amazes me.

Asobo, DCS, and DTG have set up their own forums / feedback channels / livestrems / sites to interact with their users....plain and simple.

Relying on the ORG alone does not cut it. Stop blaming the ORG for how Austin chose to ignore the community... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

x plane developer blog was the engagement

with developers obviously, not users. (and you are confusing me with someone else - let me know if its Janov so I can laugh really really hard)

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

Yes, emoji over you suggestion that a failed product was to be taken as an example. 🤣

Others took that route (engagement) and don't have their users guessing about what's coming the next month. Thanks for the attention...and the continued attempts to distract from what you did...

Contradictions....

Edited by FlyBaby

49 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

In my opinion Meyer has been eulogised, by the Org and others, to the point where he can no longer see the wood for the trees. He should sell LR.

LOL...wow...that's a take I was not expecting. Truly I think that LR should just focus on the mobile platform. I think it sucks more than the desktop app, but he seems to be doing well against the competition in that space...not so much on the PC, where he really does not have the resources to advance the sim at the pace of the competition...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mSparks said:

with developers obviously, not users. (and you are confusing me with someone else - let me know if its Janov so I can laugh really really hard)

No...it was you...as usual...throwing anything out there to save face. You contended that the blog was engagement with "users".

But as usual, you will flip the script if it keeps you from admitting that you are wrong. For example...when Janov called you out for claiming that MSFS would be a subscription based model...you then pulled the general subscription that Microsoft has for its gaming platform that includes MSFS as a way to argue that you were right. Its typical msparks...and everyone seems to know it...but you.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

where he really does not have the resources to advance the sim at the pace of the competition...

kinda remains to be seen, all we've seen for the last 2 years is only what justsid has been working on, and recently a vid preview of Ben Supniks new lighting

they have another 10 or so in house developers that have been working on XP12 "for a while", not to mention the Eastern Europeans that Austin said he outsourced the scenery to.

45 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

focus on the mobile platform

that was mostly Tyler Young aiui, he just left a few months ago.

38 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

No...it was you...as usual...

please find me the post, either you mis understood something I said - but I'm reasonably sure its mistaken identity, I would never recommend users read the dev blog - thats not who it is for.

38 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

claiming that MSFS would be a subscription based model

I was arguing with people who said they wouldn't have a subscription for PC - They were insisting XBOX gamepass was only for XBOX.

I never said you would not be able to pre pay the subscription fees up front by paying 3 times the price of any other AAA game, in fact I think there was exactly that argument with people saying it wouldn't cost more than €50 for the entire world, all the airports and every button in the cockpit working just like the real thing. Nothing about MSFS has surprised me so far, that scenery just isn't worth $100 to me, I wouldn't even pay $1 for it, since I can get better from google for free.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Just now, mSparks said:

-> XP haters, trolls, and fan__s

Are you saying you are one of those three? if so which, just so I know how you self identify.

I am a fan of the competing sim...glad we cleared that up...

• Like 1

Just now, FlyBaby said:

I am a fan of the competing sim...glad we cleared that up...

Don't get yourself banned, they aren't going to lock the threads any more and there is no need to get yourself a forum holiday. things have been so civil for the entire thread, no need to spoil it now.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

On 7/12/2021 at 7:04 AM, mSparks said:

actually we can.

Because most of the beta testing was wasted on their beta forum where they:

1. Never passed any of the bugs onto Laminar, leading them to remain unreported to Laminar for years

2. Banned people for discussing bugs, leading anyone actually willing to beta test to give up.

3. Insisted bugs weren't bugs and didnt matter (e.g. Janov saying in here that XP11 not having a working windsock isnt an issue that matters)

And thats before getting into just how many people they scared away for all the other reasons. 

It was only recently even Laminar realised this is what had been happening.

LR do share some of the blame, because their issue system internally is also clearly not fit for purpose, but as far as I can tell even LR now really believe there is nothing left that needs fixing in XP11.

I couldn't agree more.

I tried to sort out the Vulkan Device Loss Error-crashes by testing on a clean install with aftermath.bat (on their request). But the log.txt showed 'art controls have been modified'. So they ignore those bugreports. And i DID get a VDLE crash on my very first flight. Needless to say I immediately stopped testing. After all, Sid admitted that it's very much on LR to fix. But all my posts/topics on the org-forum about these VDLE crashes have been deleted. And I see suspiciously few posts about this issue. Most of my (sim) friends have VDLE-crashes, but on the org-forum it's no issue? 

I'm among the (no doubt many) people that have been banned (twice) for being rude to point out that 8 months is a bit long to leave customers with an unflyable (and VERY expensive) plane with no update, while still heavily advertising it. Posts by disappointed new buyers were brutally deleted. Many dozens of them. And no response from helpdesk. Creepy, very creepy. And not much you can do.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, NoBlue said:

But all my posts/topics on the org-forum about these VDLE crashes have been deleted. And I see suspiciously few posts about this issue. Most of my (sim) friends have VDLE-crashes, but on the org-forum it's no issue? 

Once I realised the org beta forum was just a giant waste of space, I took my testing onto discord, I stopped frequenting that forum after seeing about the 3rd or 4th post get deleted.

20 minutes ago, NoBlue said:

After all, Sid admitted that it's very much on LR to fix.

The worst of the remaining as I understanding is down to AMD to fix.

There's a few plugins/planes that also hack things they aren't supposed to that also trigger VLDEs on Nvidia.

22 minutes ago, NoBlue said:

people that have been banned (twice) for being rude to point out that 8 months is a bit long to leave customers with an unflyable (and VERY expensive) plane with no update

Name names.

AutoATC Developer

Name names.

Flight Factor , the A320 and A350.
Edited by NoBlue
more complete answer
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NoBlue said:

Flight Factor , the A320 and A350.

Great example of that "20fps is fine" thing I was talking about

https://xplanereviews.com/index.php?/forums/topic/725-aircraft-release-airbus-a320-214-ultimate-by-flightfactor-aero/&

On 5/22/2020 at 3:22 PM, CX_Fan said:

The developer (ramzzess) says the ff320 should have similar framerate to ff757 FPDS modern avionics. I went for it, and sure enough they sure are similar.

not that good in FPS, but alright for me (constant 20 FPS with some drops to 15). Very surprising actually considering my specs...

Everyone must have been disappointed when, after that all that effort shooting for

On 2/17/2018 at 2:14 AM, Stephen said:

and no doubt in the future it's main purpose is for it to be a standalone simulator for Airbus A320 certified aircraft training.

They discovered the minimum fps for a certified sim is 60.

• Upvote 4

AutoATC Developer

6 hours ago, mSparks said:

Great example of that "20fps is fine" thing I was talking about

https://xplanereviews.com/index.php?/forums/topic/725-aircraft-release-airbus-a320-214-ultimate-by-flightfactor-aero/&

Everyone must have been disappointed when, after that all that effort shooting for

They discovered the minimum fps for a certified sim is 60.

Boring, this picture is a lot more entertaining!

maxresdefault.jpg

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

This thread is important, nonetheless, because it exposes "emotions", and these translate very well to the state of mind about pretty much everything, for the good and for the bad...

We're around here because we're either OK with X-Plane, and wanting it to evolve into something better ( XP12 might bring it ), or we are not satisfied with it's present state of affairs, and probably have been playing MFS, which I have again been playing too with my new rig built with XP12 and MFS in mind, BUT! we all are here because, after all, X-Plane still means something positive to us - otherwise what would be the point of spending our time and our fingers and keyboards writing along such threads ?

Truth is, I am sure that whole of us posting in this thread would actually like / love / want to see X-Plane 12 becoming a success !

We have participants which are long time X-plane users, people also from other forums, people who actually build interesting / valuable stuff for X-Plane like mSparks, people like Murmur who, when not caught by emotions ( like all of us eventually get, in my case very easily... ) is actually and IMO the major contributor these days and at least here at AVSIM in terms of Aerodynamics and the modelling of it..., developers who are both X-Plane fans but also X-Plane experts who have put many days of their lives into this platform, like GoranM and Janov, and surely / naturally want it to keep going, progressing, getting better each new version...  Austin should be IN too ! I'm curious about what he could add to this thread, and something tells me almost for sure it would be rather positive - Austin is, by his nature, a POSITIVE guy !

So, nothing really derailed... 

As far as I'm concerned, I am really looking fwd for X-Plane 12, and I am sure all - ALL - around here are too 🙂 - it is one of the easiest to uninstall !!!! 🤓 MFS leaves a lot of stuff behind, what a mess...

Edited by jcomm
additional references to X-Plane developers in the thread
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well said, Jose!

I am always for everyone speaking their mind and saying what you like or dislike about X-Plane. I have learned that it is fruitless to discuss things with some people, though - and those that attempt discussion will find themselves dragged down into a kindergarten sandpit fight about whose shovel it really is 🙂

I believe that X-Plane will be alive and doing well for a long time to come 😉

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1