Sign in to follow this  
Guest shortflyer

HELP Memory problem FSX/FS9

Guest shortflyer

Hi all i am having a huge problem with both FSX and FS9 in terms of memory usage. I have 2 gb DDRII 800 memory sticks. When I get the initial screen after installing FSX i click on the what's new button, this takes me to a video about FSX. Soon after my memory will start to jump up and up and up and will eventually reach about 1.5 gb and then windows will tell me i have run out of memory. This occurs only at some areas in FSX and FS9. As you will see in the picture it is a ridiculus amount of memory being used by the simulator(s). Both show approximately this memory deficit. I am using vista rtm as well (i'm thinking this may be contributing) but it may also be something else. Does anybody know about memory leaks in vista or have had the same or similar experiences with flight simming and and increase in memory usage?? Can anybosy help me on this one. I don't want to go out and buy anymore ram if i don't have to.Regards,Kelvinhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166139.jpg

Guest firehawk44

There have been many discussions concerning memory leaks/FS9 performance in this forum as well as in the Hardware forum. I suggest you conduct a search using "memory leaks" as your keywords and review those discussions. As you will read in those threads, your memory usage does not look to be out of the normal. Two gigs of memory is more than sufficient to run FSX/FS9. If you're not getting out of memory errors/system crashes, I wouldn't worry about memory usage. Just make sure your virtual memory setting (page file) is set to "System managed size" and you should have no problems. Best regards,Jim

Guest shortflyer

thanks. I do have "out of memory errors" both in fs9 and fsx. I will search the forums about memory and see what i can dig up cheersKelvin

Guest shortflyer

still getting memory errors in FSX and crash to desktop i might be wrong but it seems like it runs out of memory when all my sliders are at high...i do get 20fps most of the time. I think this is either a bug or a call for more memory not sure which.Kelvin