Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Thinning the Herd

I have overstuffed my Community folder & don't use 'link' programs so when I want to thin my Community folder I can cut the chosen 'hold asides' & paste them onto another drive.

However, if I try that with the Asobo Official/OneStore contents, the next time I start MSFS it wants to run an update & put back that which I have taken out.

Is there any way to remove items, [primarily the Asobo aircraft I haven't flown & are very unlikely to], from Official/OneStore?

T45

You have to do that from within the game. This way the removal of the planes is tied to your account and it remembers that. Whereas if you just remove them from the folder the game thinks "Oh these are missing, I'll put them back".

Go to the Content Manager to remove Asobo planes you dont want. 

Edited by ThrottleUp
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

You have to do that from within the game. This way the removal of the planes is tied to your account and it remembers that. Whereas if you just remove them from the folder the game thinks "Oh these are missing, I'll put them back".

Thanks for your input.

I had a look at that.

The option  presented was to Delete the aircraft.

If I do that, is there any way to get it back later if i change my mind after deleting it?

T45

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

If I do that, is there any way to get it back later if i change my mind after deleting it?

I haven't tried it but I'd assume that you'd go into content manager and just re-install again. The aircraft available are tied to the MSFS version you bought and can't be permanently deleted just uninstalled as far as I know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

Throttle is right! You can always go back into the Content Manager and reinstall anything you "deleted." I removed a few planes that I've never flown or have only flown once or twice (mainly the ultralights/LSAs). It probably doesn't decrease my load times that much since I have so many Community addons but it's the thought that counts!

• Like 1

Former Child, Current Adult

4 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

Thanks for your input.

I had a look at that.

The option  presented was to Delete the aircraft.

T45

Yes, you own those planes, always. You've just moved them out using the Content Manager thats all. Think of it as moving them into a hangar, out of sight. 

As @Tektolnes & @liamp51 have said - you can easily reinstall anything from Content Manager, scenery, planes etc.