Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Cloudsurf WSSS CTD problems

Not sure why but every time I try to launch to this airport my sim crashes. I'm not sure what's causing it. It was working fine for me before.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Update: I found the culprit. It was Tropical Sim Tapa airport. If you have these 2 installed, it will cause WSSS to crash.

Update #2: After adding back the rest of my mods, WSSS is crashing once again. It seems like I need to go down the list of addons and remove one by one to see which other addons it's conflicting with. Seems like Cloudsurf WSSS is the only addon that is giving me trouble and cannot seem to play nicely with other mods. I don't have this issue with other mods.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

8 hours ago, captain420 said:

Update: I found the culprit. It was Tropical Sim Tapa airport. If you have these 2 installed, it will cause WSSS to crash.

Update #2: After adding back the rest of my mods, WSSS is crashing once again. It seems like I need to go down the list of addons and remove one by one to see which other addons it's conflicting with. Seems like Cloudsurf WSSS is the only addon that is giving me trouble and cannot seem to play nicely with other mods. I don't have this issue with other mods.

Do you have ali501 kai tak installed?

Check the naming of the Material Libs folder..  if the folder inside is named "mymaterials", change it to "mymaterialsWSSS", although I thought they took care of it in their updates... 

After doing this you need to edit/update the "layout.json", and edit/update all instances of "MaterialLibs/mymaterials" to "MaterialLibs/mymaterialsWSSS" (should be 25 items that need to be updated in the .json)...  take back up of the original first (just for safety), before making these changes, once it works, then you can ignore the old version of the "layout.json"...

Hope that makes sense...

Edited by Gadget FPV
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Faisal Niazi

5 hours ago, Gadget FPV said:

Check the naming of the Material Libs folder..  if the folder inside is named "mymaterials", change it to "mymaterialsWSSS", although I thought they took care of it in their updates... 

After doing this you need to edit/update the "layout.json", and edit/update all instances of "MaterialLibs/mymaterials" to "MaterialLibs/mymaterialsWSSS" (should be 25 items that need to be updated in the .json)...  take back up of the original first (just for safety), before making these changes, once it works, then you can ignore the old version of the "layout.json"...

Hope that makes sense...

They did not. It still has the old name "MaterialLibs/mymaterials". The addon linker has a great tool that will search out those names and adjust them for you automatically. However, the Addon linker tool only works with sceneries in its own folder. Somehow it doesn't look in those external folders where a lot of scenery, especially ORBX installed scenery resides. Does anyone know of a way to have Addon linker scan those folders?

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

On 7/9/2021 at 9:40 AM, captain420 said:

Not sure why but every time I try to launch to this airport my sim crashes. I'm not sure what's causing it. It was working fine for me before.

I have a very low end system, (i7-3770K with GTX 1050Ti) and frequent CTD at WSSS and RPLL until reduced the LOD sliders. I had a LOD slider both at 50, then I read about reducing the sliders and settled for 10, (don't laugh) and gradually increasing it. Now I don't have any crashes at all at both of the payware airports.

It's not the best, but it's better than CTD.

The big problem I'm seeing with FS2020 is mods in different parts of the world can affect others in other areas.  Never seen this problem to this magnitude before.  An add-on in Calgary or San Diego can cause the sim to crash if you load of TAPA.  Modders will need to refine their work so it doesn't adversely affect other work in the sim.

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Never had any problems until loading up at cloud surf's WSSS. It's the only addon I have that is causing crashes and not playing nicely with other addons. I am running ultra settings, so LOD at max. Cloudsurf really need to fix this crashing issue because I am not going to lower my LOD settings just to get it working as a temporary fix.

On 7/16/2021 at 9:55 AM, Gadget FPV said:

Hope that makes sense...

This have to be done on all sceneries, i did some time ago and since this fix never had a CTD issue so far - but i had before !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, pmplayer said:

This have to be done on all sceneries, i did some time ago and since this fix never had a CTD issue so far - but i had before !

cheers 😉

I only had to do this for WSSS... all other sceneries follow the naming convention correctly for me...

Faisal Niazi

2 hours ago, Gadget FPV said:

I only had to do this for WSSS... all other sceneries follow the naming convention correctly for me...

OK, i had a lot of them inside my community so good for you not to have a lot of work with it..😎

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

On 7/16/2021 at 2:55 AM, Gadget FPV said:

Hope that makes sense...

Thanks so much for the fix! Yes I agree that developers need to fix this issue so that we don't need to mess with it! Finally I can fly at this airport with your help. And no I don't have Ali's Kai Tak installed to the other person who was asking.

• Like 1