Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

Saitak Pro Combat Rudder Pedal Break Issue

Hi all,on this latest reinstall of Windows 10 and MS2020, when I actuate the brakes in sim,they shoot up from 0 to 50 % aggressively,but when looking at the Mad Catz utility they smoothly ramp up. Has anyone come across this problem?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

This is the issue,https://mystuff.bublup.com/mybublup/#/mystuff/001-f-913b5aa5-83e6-4178-81d3-f398892a4f8a/mixed

I am at a loss,I tried to uninstall all USB devices in device manager,and MS2020 assignments to no avail. is there a file in MS2020 some where I can delete?

Thanks

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

29 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

This is the issue,https://mystuff.bublup.com/mybublup/#/mystuff/001-f-913b5aa5-83e6-4178-81d3-f398892a4f8a/mixed

I am at a loss,I tried to uninstall all USB devices in device manager,and MS2020 assignments to no avail. is there a file in MS2020 some where I can delete?

Thanks

I don't have the necessary account to access the link you posted above, but would suggest it might be worth checking the MSFS2020 Sensitivity settings for the brakes under Options  > Control Options.

Al

Edited by ark

Hi AL, I tried all settings in the sensitivity section, they did not affect my issue, when I lightly touch the brakes they instantly go to 50%, when I have the madcatz drivers installed there is no calibration option, but it shows normal brake movement (no jumping to 50%)when I uninstall, and the win 10 box comes up, again no calibration option and the brakes are stuck at 50% and nothing moves. I have tried removing all USB entries in device manager and no fix.

I don't know solution, but I've seen this issue discussed here before, seems like I remember it was solved.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

9 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

Hi AL, I tried all settings in the sensitivity section, they did not affect my issue, when I lightly touch the brakes they instantly go to 50%, when I have the madcatz drivers installed there is no calibration option, but it shows normal brake movement (no jumping to 50%)when I uninstall, and the win 10 box comes up, again no calibration option and the brakes are stuck at 50% and nothing moves. I have tried removing all USB entries in device manager and no fix.

Hmmm...  Couple of thoughts:

Does this problem happen with all your aircraft?

Try unplugging all controllers except the rudder pedals, restart the sim and see what happens with the brakes.

Are you using any 3rd party apps like FSUIPC, Chaseplane, etc?  If so I'd try disabling them, restart the computer and sim and see what happens.

Al

Edited by ark

Hi,yes all a/c Haven't tried FSUIPC yet.

4 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

Hi,yes all a/c Haven't tried FSUIPC yet.

You didn't mention if you tried unplugging all controllers except the rudder pedals to see if that makes a difference in how the brakes work? This test is to eliminate potential controller conflicts.

If you happen to have a fellow simmer nearby, perhaps you could try a different set of rudder (brake) pedals, and/or your pedals on a different system.

If you have another sim installed (FSX or P3D), do the brakes work OK in that other sim?

Al

Edited by ark

Yes,Tried unplugging everything,no other simmers close by,and MS2020 is only sim .

If your running FSUIPC - disable it from running with your sim and check again if you are getting that behavior. - disregard I see you are not using it.

Some other things to try-

Try a DIFFERENT USB port than the one you normally use.

Create a new user and run MSFS from that user.

Edited by Khashoggi

Have you ck the windows calibration for your controller to see if all is well with it. You can also go into the registry and delete that controller entry, un plug it re boot windows and plug it back in. I had a similar issue with there throttle quad and the registry was the way I fixed it. There should be info on the net on how to do It and I think there is a video too. Also if you made a restore point before it started going bad that can also fix it.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

3 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

Yes,Tried unplugging everything,no other simmers close by,and MS2020 is only sim .

In addition to the good ideas others posted above, I would also suggest you delete any saved flights for your "brake test aircraft" and start "fresh".

Al

Edited by ark

Hi Al, no saved flights,later when I get home from work, will remove everything from community folder,but I feel this is a deeper issue with windows,because when I remove all usb devices in device manager,when I reboot and pull up the base Saitak pedals control panel,the brakes are frozen at 50%,and nothing moves.

3 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

Hi Al, no saved flights,later when I get home from work, will remove everything from community folder,but I feel this is a deeper issue with windows,because when I remove all usb devices in device manager,when I reboot and pull up the base Saitak pedals control panel,the brakes are frozen at 50%,and nothing moves.

With the Saitek pedals connected:

1. Go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers

2. Find and right click on the Rudder Pedals Icon ,and then select Game controller settings with a left click

3. Select Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals in the list and then click on Properties

4. Check brake pedal operation in the window that opens. Note you may have to initially step on each brake to activate the display (with my pedals the display always starts out showing the pedals 50% on, but that is a false reading that goes away after I step on the pedals). This display should give you a good idea of how Win10 'sees' the pedals.

Al

Edited by ark

On 7/9/2021 at 3:44 PM, BIGSKY said:

Hi all,on this latest reinstall of Windows 10 and MS2020, when I actuate the brakes in sim,they shoot up from 0 to 50 % aggressively,but when looking at the Mad Catz utility they smoothly ramp up. Has anyone come across this problem?

There is a mention of this problem at the FAQ page for Crosswind rudder pedals which might apply to your Saitek.
Quote: That is because you configured your pedals brake axis with "have center" option turned ON (ticked),
but in reality brakes don't have center detente which causes wrong signal interpretation.
Have you configured your pedals to "have center" in any software for them?

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.