Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

Saitak Pro Combat Rudder Pedal Break Issue

Sorry gboz,I haven't come across the "have center" function anywhere,When I go to the win 10 control panel and click on the Saitek combat rudder pedals.( Pro_Flight_Combat_Rudder_Pedals_7_0_47_1_x64_Drivers)the Mad Catz control panel comes up,and it shows normal operation,when I go to the sim sensitivity's shows same issue.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

1 hour ago, BIGSKY said:

Sorry gboz,I haven't come across the "have center" function anywhere,When I go to the win 10 control panel and click on the Saitek combat rudder pedals.( Pro_Flight_Combat_Rudder_Pedals_7_0_47_1_x64_Drivers)the Mad Catz control panel comes up,and it shows normal operation,when I go to the sim sensitivity's shows same issue.

Have you used the Mad Catz registry file to remove the driver.
Under "Recalibrate the Flight Rudder Pedals axes: RegEdit

FAQ - Flight Rudder Pedals – Logitech Support + Download

Also do you definitely have them assigned as Left Brake Axis/Right Brake Axis 
and not Left Brake/Right Brake instead?

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Yes I have the brake Pedals assigned to brake axis, I have Uninstalled all USB controllers in device manager,still same issue.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

1 hour ago, BIGSKY said:

Yes I have the brake Pedals assigned to brake axis, I have Uninstalled all USB controllers in device manager,still same issue.

Did you have a chance to try the 4 step Control Panel  > Devices and Printers experiment I posted above to see how just the Win10 operating system responds to your moving the pedals? If so, what happened?

Al

Edited by ark

I have exactly the same issue but since i did not find a solution i have learned to live with it 😥

5 hours ago, Dalton0190 said:

I have exactly the same issue but since i did not find a solution i have learned to live with it 😥

I don't have this problem, but would sure like to figure out what is going on. Below is a copy of a little experiment I posted above. If you're interested and have the time, I'd like to hear what you see with this:

With the Saitek pedals connected:

1. Go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers

2. Find and right click on the Rudder Pedals Icon ,and then select Game controller settings with a left click

3. Select Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals in the list and then click on Properties

4. Check brake pedal operation in the window that opens. Note you may have to initially step on each brake to activate the display (with my pedals the display always starts out showing the pedals 50% on, but that is a false reading that goes away after I step on the pedals). This display should give you a good idea of how Win10 'sees' the pedals.

Thx,

Al

Tried all your suggestions,no fix.

As Al said if it works in the windows controller calibration window when you run the calibration tool then the pedals are fine. If not maybe time for some new ones. I went thru two sets of those pedals( usually the plastic inside breaks or a shorting wire) till I bought something better. 

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

1 hour ago, BIGSKY said:

Tried all your suggestions,no fix.

It would be helpful to know in some detail what you found when you looked at the pedals in the Win10 Control Panel controller calibration window as suggested above. Did the brake pedals (the two red vertical bars representing the brake pedals axes) simply stay "stuck" at 50% (centered) even when pushed, or did they only move from 50% and up but never below 50%, or did they start at the bottom and eventually move to the top when fully pushed, or what? The purpose of looking at the brake pedals in the Control Panel Game Controllers Properties windows was to get a better understanding of what is going on, if there might be a hardware rather than a software issue, etc.  I didn't expect it to necessarily be a "fix" in itself.

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, ark said:

It would be helpful to know in some detail what you found when you looked at the pedals in the Win10 Control Panel controller calibration window as suggested above. Did the brake pedals (the two red vertical bars representing the brake pedals axes) simply stay "stuck" at 50% (centered) even when pushed, or did they only move from 50% and up but never below 50%, or did they start at the bottom and eventually move to the top when fully pushed, or what? The purpose of looking at the brake pedals in the Control Panel Game Controllers Properties windows was to get a better understanding of what is going on, if there might be a hardware rather than a software issue, etc.  I didn't expect it to necessarily be a "fix" in itself.

Al

Hi Al,(with Mad Catz drivers)they initially come up as stuck on 50%,then when I actuate the pedals,they go to zero,then have normal ops,with those drivers uninstalled,I have the initial problem of stuck on 50% and no rudder operation.

3 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

Hi Al,(with Mad Catz drivers)they initially come up as stuck on 50%,then when I actuate the pedals,they go to zero,then have normal ops,with those drivers uninstalled,I have the initial problem of stuck on 50% and no rudder operation.

OK, thanks for the info. Seems like the pedal hardware is OK.

Have you tried setting up, and saving, a completely new profile with a new name for the pedals in MSFS? Should look something like the below:

b01d35661c.png

The white bar shows the middle position for the rudder axis, which makes sense. Stepping on the right rudder pedal should increase the bar, left rudder pedal should decrease the length of the bar. Stepping on a brake pedal should bring up a white bar that gets longer the more brake pressure you apply. You may have to step on rudder and brakes to initialize the display. Once you do that, would do you see ( how do the white bars respond) for the 3 axes when you push the rudder and brake pedals?

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, ark said:

OK, thanks for the info. Seems like the pedal hardware is OK.

Have you tried setting up, and saving, a completely new profile with a new name for the pedals in MSFS? Should look something like the below:

b01d35661c.png

The white bar shows the middle position for the rudder axis, which makes sense. Stepping on the right rudder pedal should increase the bar, left rudder pedal should decrease the length of the bar. Stepping on a brake pedal should bring up a white bar that gets longer the more brake pressure you apply. You may have to step on rudder and brakes to initialize the display. Once you do that, would do you see ( how do the white bars respond) for the 3 axes when you push the rudder and brake pedals?

Al

Yes,I have tried this,no luck.

17 hours ago, ark said:

4. Check brake pedal operation in the window that opens. Note you may have to initially step on each brake to activate the display (with my pedals the display always starts out showing the pedals 50% on, but that is a false reading that goes away after I step on the pedals). This display should give you a good idea of how Win10 'sees' the pedals.

Hmm it seems that in my case windows 10 sees the same values.

It jumps from 0 to 50 and from there up it follows my input.

When i release the pedals it goes down to 50% as it should and if i go lower it jumps from 50 to 0.

9 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

Yes,I have tried this,no luck.

I need to know how the white bars representing the pedals respond in the MSFS profile display. For example, when you step on each brake pedal, does the associated white bar start all the way on the left (i.e., zero) and increase smoothly all the way to the right as you increase brake pressure, and then return smoothly all the way back to the left as you release brake pressure? Or does the white bar jump from one extreme to the other, etc? Does the white bar representing the rudder start in the middle and move left and right from there as you push on the left and right rudder pedals? Please describe the behavior of the white axes bars as you push on the pedals.

Thx,

Al

6 hours ago, Dalton0190 said:

Hmm it seems that in my case windows 10 sees the same values.

It jumps from 0 to 50 and from there up it follows my input.

When i release the pedals it goes down to 50% as it should and if i go lower it jumps from 50 to 0.

If what you are describing is how the red bars responded in the Control Panel Game Properties test window for the rudder pedals, then it seems to me there might either be a hardware problem with the pedals themselves, or a Win10 registry problem.

If you haven't already, try using a different USB port on the computer, or if you are going through a USB hub, try going straight to a computer USB port. Or, if you are using a lot of USB ports without a powered USB hub, that would be another thing to try.  And if possible, try the pedals with a different sim.

For the possible Win10 Registry problem, see:  https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360023194074

where you will find a file to reset the Saitek Rudder Pedals Win10 Registry entries.  (BTW, in case you are unaware, Logitech now sells the Saitek controllers.)

There is also more info here: https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1Gy%2BCSYvDS.pdf

Al