Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowderBlue

Anyone else?????

Guest PowderBlue

like jh71 said soaringpics, All I have read for the most part is bashing of vista by people that haven't even tried it. I'm not trying to bash here as my post title states anyone else? I can't believe that microsoft working for 5 years hasn't had one good compliment on vista by the flight sim community. I apologize soaring it is out of character for me to come at people like that but I found your initial response a bit harsh for the comment and opinion that I made. Anyways I am enjoying vista and have had no problems or issues and I did the upgrade without a fresh install which I agree is a no no but everything worked flawlessly.

Hey Geofa!A question---how can a guy who is living the dream (yourself, owning a Baron 58) have time to be a moderator?!?!?!?!?If I had a Baron...there would be too little time, and way too much sky to cover...cash in the bank, the only limiter...(smile).BTW, I still remember (years back) your Bonanza run out West. I still see those images in my mind you and your wife shot.You know...they don't grow old...there would be lots of persons here that might thoroughly enjoy those series of shots from your V-tail. :)I know I could use a refresher...A thought,Mitch

Guest SoarPics

Anyways I am enjoying vistaCool! So if you could offer more info on your install no doubt many here would find such info useful.Specifically:Which version of Vista.Which version(s) of FS, and some of the tweaks you've used (please don't list all tweaks... that would take up far too much of your time). Just give us some of the relevant info.Is the system you've installed Vista on only for simming, or do you use the system for gaming and productivity?Many would be curious to know (based upon which version of Vista you're running) just how many services are running and what the memory useage is at desktop as well as while simming.No doubt these questions could take some time for you to reply, but many here would appreciate any and all info you could supply.Thanks

Hi AllI had my Tech install Vista Ultimate and when booting up FSX found that I could not hear the ATC Chatter.I posted a thread in this forum looking for an answer, and I received some constructive replys.I did however receive several replys indicating that this is why they would not install vista and stick with XP.Well guess what?The Tech forgot to plug in one of the audio jacks for my monitor speaker and this is why I was not receiving the ATC chatter.I have found no problems with Vista or loss of FPS rate.One other improvement, I do not get any of those CTD or loss of instrument guages during low visibility.I have no problems with Vista and glad I had it installed.Kenny G.Specs.Duo CoreNvida 79502Gigs Ram

>Well, lately I have read a lot of posts of people who did not>speak from experience, but from what they have read left and>right on the net.>If that is all what those people do, repeat others opinions,>making unfunded conclusions and even force them on other>people, then I agree with the original poster.>It looks if someone is having positive experiences, and wants>to share them, he is shot down immediately lately.>with all due respect, JanI must agree with this post. Personally I have Vista too, and I have had ZERO problems with it. Speeds are the same (no, an new OS doesn't increase speeds, DirectX 10 and the necessary hardware upgrades do that)And people on the forums are gettings much too worked up over the DRM issue. It is EXTREMELY unlikely that Microsoft has any sinister plans... I mean, get realistic guys. Right now I'm enjoying the very nice GUI and much improved boot times over XP.

Guest wyoming

As in lacking foundations, not funds.

You are right-I have little time-getting to the age where I want a lot more!I've done the western trip now 4 times-all an adventure-and the north to south trip about 8-shows how far we go back.I am hoping at some point a mission type experience with real world flights and adventures/misadventures-now if I only had a little more time to learn how... lol.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

You went West FOUR TIMES?!??OK, it will then be a crap-shoot on which one I am thinking about. You did the West in the Bonanza...four times?!?!?It must have been the first..wait...you were releasing pictures as an A/B/ comparison to real-life aviation, and the FS 2000 or 2004 version of a landmark/landscape. You posted the real-life shot you or your wife took, and then the FS2000? FS2004? screen grab in the same post. It was very entertaining and interesting seeing the flight simulator's take on things...Does that ring a bell on which trip, Geofa? There were a lot of mountain range up 'n over pics.Mitch

Yes-that was the first trip in the Debonair. I made the trip two more times in the deb(the 2nd time the trip from #### with a landing gear malfuction and a week stop in Evanston,Wy for repairs-then an alternator problem in Idaho Falls, weather in Miles City Montana)-the third time with a dog to San Diego-San Jose to drop the dog of fto my son in law. Then when time building in the Baron did it again-quite a scenic tour with stops in Jackson Hole and a tour of the Cirrus factory in Duluth (that one I have videos of).Got to be a way to fix these real life adventures into fsx! :-)http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

You know what, Geofa...you had some exciting and frustrating moments, no doubt, BUT...BUT...while I fly a computer in the Den, you were out there doing the real 'thang......I should have your problems, ROTFLMBO.God Bless!I hope to, one day...after retirement. I'm half-way there...for I have a wonderful gal in my life that says as long as I supply barf bags and a chemical toilet for the back seat...we're good to go!Yehaaaaaaaaaaaw!She's hinting that my retirement party might have a 'get your PPL/IFR/Night Rating gift' within the card so I can eventually fly her all around Kentucky looking for another horse to add to the four we already own...LOL! BTW, if you like horses--we have a Belgian, a Thoroughbred, a Quarter Horse, and a Warm Blood. They're our 'kids'...Ok...back onto the thread's topic...Mitch

Guest PilotMoz

Works fine for me too. I have only installed one driver since installing and that is the Geforce 8800 drivers.Also, I installed the 64bit operating system and every works perfect + got my 4gb to show as well :)

>It looks if someone is having positive experiences, and wants>to share them, he is shot down immediately lately.>with all due respect, JanSharing positive experiences does not include inflammatory attacks using belittling and degrading names.I enjoy hearing opposing views, but not the mud slinging.Ron

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

Guest Phantoms

>Installed Vista> I am sick of all the whiners complaining about vista fromI am sick of all the Vista posts when all I want to read about is the sim. I had a feeling that once Vista was released, that it would get much worse and it has. Now, every other posts is about vista this, vista that.