Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowderBlue

Anyone else?????

Guest PowderBlue

Installed Vista No problems what so ever. Haven't gotten one error message or issue regarding hardware, software , programs. I don't see 5000 process' running and memory usage looks good if not better then XP. Finally got my 4 gigs of ram to show up. Haven't had any adverse affects from running games. They run the same as before. Very impressed with the layout and fluid functionality of everything. AM completely satisified for once and never thought I'd be saying that. I am sick of all the whiners complaining about vista from what they read someone else wrote when they have never even tried it. My experience with vista is 100% satisfactory and kudos to microsoft. HP M7470NAMD 64 X2 4200+4 gigs PC3200 DDR2 ATI X1900 GTXPartridge in a pear tree

Guest allcott

"Games run the same as before."Thanks, the pointlessness of Vista is beginning to dawn.Allcott

:-)

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest PowderBlue

The distribution and intent of Vista was not to increase game performance. To increase support, security and fluidity and ease of use. Along with other things also. Don't want to forget anything on purpose cause I might get bashed. Besides if you don't like change every 5 years its time to get out of the house.

Guest SoarPics

I am sick of all the whiners complaining about vista...Then why are you here (or anywhere else on the Net)? If you're sick shut down the computer, take a couple aspirin, and get to bed.Or you could do the mature thing and simply not read threads about Vista, FS, or anything else that might make you sick.If you're happy with Vista, then we're happy for you. So the only relevant question is why can't you be happy with anyone who doesn't agree with you?Get well soon,

"Thanks, the pointlessness of Vista is beginning to dawn."That is, if you only use your pc for gaming. With that, I mean current, today games.There are a lot of improvements under the hood, that are not game related.Once I made the mistake of not going with the best, and bought a 486DX4 16 bit instead one of the then new 32 bit processors.Current games ran better on the 486DX4 100Mhz pc (where are the days).But soon, new stuff came out that used the new improved 32 bit architecture, and the only thing I could do, was install and enjoy the slideshow.I am afraid we will see this happening all over, and soon. Right now, I can read remarks like "eat this, FSX" or "FS9 is there to stay" all over the place. Only thing I can say, let's wait for the DirectX 10 patch (not SP1). Maybe (probably) it will not improve the FPS issue, but it sure will improve the visuals, without dragging the game to a halt.And for those that are complaining about : DX 10 was developed on windowsXP, Microsoft should be able to release it on XP, may I ask you to realize, Microsoft owns Windows. I am sure DX10 was developed on a highly adapted version of XP, let's call it a hybrid between XP and Vista. Otherwise I am sure we would have seen DX10 leaked for XP a long time ago. Do not forgot the hacker community has had acces to the RTM too.Also the transfer from XP to Vista will go faster then most of us believe, and there are two reasons : all new PCs come with Vista installed, and many users with fairly new PCs (let's say less then 2 years old) are considering upgrading. And everyone knows you need a **very** recent PC to play some of the new games on the market today. FS X is not an exeption in that matter.So it does make sense for game developers to program against DX 10, and we will have to follow, liking it or not, because in 2 years from now, more then 75% of the gaming pcs will run Vista and DX 10 (or maybe even DX 11).For your information, I plan to install the 64bits version soon, when the drivers get a bit more stable.just my 2 cents, Jan

Guest allcott

Thanks Jan and we agree. "Lets wait for the DirectX 10 patch"I can certainly agree that not buying Vista now is a very good idea. After the DX10 patch things may have changed. after all, a year is a very long time in computing.Allcott

Guest Len

>"Games run the same as before.">>Thanks, the pointlessness of Vista is beginning to dawn.>>AllcottHehehe.

Guest PowderBlue

Hey Soarpics, Take some aspirin? Sounds like you have a anger mgt issues. All I am stating is that people are making judgements and ASSUMPTIONS that vista sucks because of what they read and we all know that ASSUMPTIONS are the mother of all F ups. It seems to me that if I express my opinion you are ready to send me to the gallows so maybe you my friend should take some zanax , get some shock thereapy go to bed and wake up and start over.

Guest SoarPics

Funny fellow.Actually you didn't come here to "express an opinion", you came here to bash. Proof of such is in your first post when you wrote, I am sick of all the whiners complainingYour use of the term "whiners" is derogatory to anyone who doesn't embrace your opinions (thus showing your lack of maturity). In the future try to offer something that would be of actual use to your fellow simmers and computer users... like a concise and in depth report of your posistive experience without denegrating anyone.Hopefully a moderator will soon happen along to lock your useless flaming post... maybe even before your bedtime.

Posts should incite **provocative** dialog, and nothing else.Provocative only in that a post stimulates further thought and expression within a thread---- in a non-aggressive format.You go, Geofa!Cheers!Mitch R.

Well, lately I have read a lot of posts of people who did not speak from experience, but from what they have read left and right on the net.If that is all what those people do, repeat others opinions, making unfunded conclusions and even force them on other people, then I agree with the original poster.It looks if someone is having positive experiences, and wants to share them, he is shot down immediately lately.with all due respect, Jan

Nice to see you back Mitch! As a famous philosopher once said "if you have to raise your voice to make a point maybe you don't have much of one".In any case-I haven't made up my mind on this issue and am enjoying seeing imformative posts on either side. As most things in life-the truth is probably somewhere in the middle....http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest SoarPics

Hi Jan,It looks if someone is having positive experiences, and wants to share them, he is shot down immediately lately.We've seen this from both sides of the subject. Call it human nature... folks are often passionate about their experiences. Be that as it may, the OP offered little tangible info (for example, he did not stipulate which version of Vista he installed .. that will be important to each and every PC user based upon their systems and applications path).In the end such derogatory remarks as the OP made in his opening post serve no good purpose to any worthwhile dialog. Which is a reason why his thread has run the course it has. It started out badly and will end the same way.In the meantime many here still look forward to reading about all experiences with the new OS. Good and bad alike can serve to benefit the community if presented in a proper light.Regards,