Sign in to follow this  
andreh

5.2 HF1 Blue trees?

Anyone else seeing blue trees on some addons? I've seen blue trees at Flytampa's Copenhagen and UK2000's Standsted. I have ORBX Trees and Terraflora installed as well.

That issue was reported several times for earlier P3Dv5 versions and was related to EA - another artifact of Trueksy.

LM was supposed to be fixing that so I read in one of their forum posts but perhaps this is stlil an issue in v5.2 HF1.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I'll admit.  EA on is somewhat better this release now that we can turn off volumetric clouds.  But I'm also finding the blue trees pretty annoying and considering going EA off completely again.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

It's also now affecting several FSDT sceneries (KLAX and KDFW).  As you fly away from the airports, they appear to be under water 

Oh well, I guess I'll have to get used to it, then. Strange that I didn't see this in earlier 5.x versions. Thanks for replying.

I first noticed it with v5.1, but it's a lot worse with 5.2 after the HF.

23 hours ago, micstatic said:

I'll admit.  EA on is somewhat better this release now that we can turn off volumetric clouds.  But I'm also finding the blue trees pretty annoying and considering going EA off completely again.  

Yep I am with you my friend. In fact I just turned off EA a few days ago. It is just not ready for prime time. To my eyes it is like flying around in a blue funk all the time. As I said else where EA is turning out to be a lot like the old days with DX-10. Not sure why LM went there but I am sure they took it out of the oven way to soon.😝

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

2 hours ago, jfmitch said:

Pretend it's all blue spruce.

🤣 Will Do!

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Not everywhere but in LSZH (Aerosoft) I have those blue tress too :D

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

It appears to be only on specific addons. I haven't seen the blue trees on regular ORBX terrain.

5 hours ago, andreh said:

It appears to be only on specific addons. I haven't seen the blue trees on regular ORBX terrain.

It was reported with Orbx autogen trees as well. See here:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/191810-strange-edges-on-trees/

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!