Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Wilcopub needs Bandwidth

Guest dwaohio

How can a company sell things online and take customers money but not be able to supply the product because they do not provide enough bandwidth. I have heard many stories about software being purchased from Wilcopub and the software times out while downloading. This has happened to me three time in the last couple days. That is a problem since you only get three downloads. There is times in the day when there web page won't work either. If there airplanes are getting larger downloads a company needs to take this in consideration and grow by increasing bandwidth and supply a download speed that is fast. With FSX the price of airplanes has gone up, so Wilcopub needs to spend money to upgrade. So for now be warned when you purchase things from Wilcopub. And for you who say I download it but it was in the middle in the night. I as a consumer don't have to stay up to download, I should be able to do it at my convience.Dave

It may not be a bandwidth issue but an infrastructure issue.Fantastic success in the internet age is much worse than failure of a product to sell.I remember similar comments about another product by a company everyone now loves - same thing - great sales, much more than expected.When planning a release, a company will make plans for their anticipated sales. They cannot plan for too much extra capacity, it's too expensive and would make the product unprofitable, or too high to sell.And sometimes they guess wrong.Even CNN has been hit too hard to keep up on occasion. It wasn't bandwidth, but the infrastructure.The company I work for (quick service restaurants / several brands) did a promotion for people to create a short commercial from various parts.First it was wildly successful, beyond our wildest dreams - over a million concurrent connection attempts. WE had plenty of bandwidth. It never interferred with other traffic through the DMZ, e-mail or such. (We run multiple DS-3 lines with multiple entry points from a MPLS cloud architecture.)Our servers running the application were not robust enough to handle the load. Because the portal was through our WWW address - it also shut down all our web ordering, and the traffic was so heavy we had to physically take the main page servers off-line so we could update them with a message about canceling the promotion and removing the link.Unlike a brick and mortar store, they cannot put a sign on the front window that they have too many sales to support right now, please wait a few days.One lesson for all of us, don't try to buy the hot new product by download on the first couple days.The good companies work out the problems, but these things take time.

Guest dpc

>"One lesson for all of us, don't try to buy the hot new>product by download on the first couple days.">>Unless they're using Flight1 Servers :-)>>Cheers,>BryanVery True!

Wilco's download speed has always been slow. No, I mean really slow. Their 3rd world servers are ridiculous. Don't support them; that will remove the bottle neck as developers understand their sales ARE dependent upon working with reliable distributors who actually care about customers. Wilco's customer service is non competitive and anyone who buys from them is getting at least what they deserve. Bob...

Guest Simon

Dave, Couldnt agree more I have been unable to download as I need to wait on my counter being reset I have sent several Emails to try and get it unlocked.At this stage I dont know if I will see it at all !!

Guest dwaohio

I think Wilco is using a dial up server because I got up at 5AM EST and the speed is 15KB/SEC. That is turtle slow. I get better speed from AVSIM library. AVSIM is a free service and there speed is good. And for does people who say we should wait, I say to does people, Wilco and others, one day they will wait for customers because there are to many companies with the same plane on the market that are willing to give customer service. They going to wish that they had spend the money for that extra service like answering download speeds or answering emails promptly. Everybody remember a company a company called LAGO. They were hot alot of good stuff but no customer service where are they now. So, companies like Wilco, Captainsim and other that give bad service learn the lesson of LAGO.

Guest dwaohio

I tried all night long and still no download. The highest dnload speed was 15 and than it timed out. I am all out of downloads so I email Wilco and ask them nicely to reset. To my surprice I get a email back with the following:Dear Customer, We have received your e-mail and have reset your download counter. Could you please reinitiate your download. The new Airbus Series Vol.1 creates a high load on our download servers; if you experience difficulties connecting or downloading your files, we suggest you to wait few hours before retrying. Best regards, Wilco Publishing First of all my downloads were not reset and secondly if your servers can't handle Airbus Series Vol.1 maybe you should not made it a download or get bigger servers. I was always told to make money you need to spend money. With expension comes cost, if you don't spend the money you will have many unhappy customers.I am tired being treated like a sheep by publishers. From some of your answers above I think you have become sheep, trying to explain away Wilco's problems. Your the customer, you handed over your money, you do not have the product, you should be mad. Some of you with all that try to defend companies like Wilco or Captainsim. You are either employees or sheep. Speak up and voice your frustrations. Let these companies know you will not buy anything from them till they show there willing to work with the customer.I am off my soap boxDave

Guest abaragones

Hey Dave, I am sorry you are having so many problems downloaing the files...I bought the airbus this morning (saturday) ans using getright (free version - 4 servers) I got the files in 30min (all 3 of them). Try it, hope it works for you too.

>How can a company sell things online and take customers money>but not be able to supply the product because they do not>provide enough bandwidth. I have heard many stories about>software being purchased from Wilcopub and the software times>out while downloading. This has happened to me three time in>the last couple days. That is a problem since you only get>three downloads. There is times in the day when there web>page won't work either. If there airplanes are getting larger>downloads a company needs to take this in consideration and>grow by increasing bandwidth and supply a download speed that>is fast. With FSX the price of airplanes has gone up, so>Wilcopub needs to spend money to upgrade. So for now be>warned when you purchase things from Wilcopub. And for you>who say I download it but it was in the middle in the night. >I as a consumer don't have to stay up to download, I should be>able to do it at my convience.>>>DaveSlim chance it could be your provider.