Sign in to follow this  
andy a

Logitech G Throttle Quadrant problem

I have a Logitech G Saitek ProFlight Yoke System with Throttle Quadrant, which works ok in P3D and X-Plane 11. The Throttle Quadrant does not show in MS2020 Control Options however.   It is connected to the Yoke by a PS/2 plug, and I wonder if the problem could be overcome by buying the separate Logitech G Throttle Quadrant which is powered by a usb connection.

I dont want to spend £50 on another Throttle Quadrant if the issue may not be resolved. Can anyone advise please?

andy a

2 minutes ago, andy a said:

I have a Logitech G Saitek ProFlight Yoke System with Throttle Quadrant, which works ok in P3D and X-Plane 11. The Throttle Quadrant does not show in MS2020 Control Options however.   It is connected to the Yoke by a PS/2 plug, and I wonder if the problem could be overcome by buying the separate Logitech G Throttle Quadrant which is powered by a usb connection.

I dont want to spend £50 on another Throttle Quadrant if the issue may not be resolved. Can anyone advise please?

Didn't think anything used a PS/2 plug anymore. You can probably buy a PS2 to USB adapter for a few dollars. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

41 minutes ago, andy a said:

I have the same yoke and throttle quadrant. The quadrant won't show up if it's plugged into the yoke but it's still there. To program the buttons you have to have the yoke selected then just press any buttons to assign them

Edited by devgrp

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Didn't think anything used a PS/2 plug anymore. You can probably buy a PS2 to USB adapter for a few dollars. 

Thank you for your reply.

I bought the ProFlight Yoke system a few years ago. I'll try the  adaptor you mention.

Regards

Andy

andy a

Thank you for your reply devgrp

It's really the Flaps, Throttle and Spoilers I want to use with the levers.  I'll try to get a PS2 to USB adaptor.

Regards

Andy

andy a

Nothing wrong with the Logitech G Saitek Quadrant..I was the problem! I had made mapping errors, but now all ok.

Thanks

Regards

Andy

andy a

18 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

No!  Just FYI, while the plug on the Saitek TQ cable is physically a PS2 plug, it is not wired in accordance with a typical PS2 connection, such as on a standard PS2 keyboard, etc. So a PS2 to USB adapter will not work.

For anyone interested, information on how to convert the Saitek "PS2" TQ to USB using an Arduino is here:

https://forum.arduino.cc/t/reverse-engineer-game-controller-with-custom-ps2-interface/564550

Al

Edited by ark

That's interesting Al. I had tried a few hours ago to use a PS2 to USB adaptor to connect the Saitek Quad, but to no avail.

Regards

Andy

andy a

15 minutes ago, andy a said:

That's interesting Al. I had tried a few hours ago to use a PS2 to USB adaptor to connect the Saitek Quad, but to no avail.

Unfortunately the "PS2" Saitek TQ does not contain its own USB logic circuitry but rather makes use of circuitry in the yoke to implement the USB protocol. So a simple passive PS2 to USB converter which simply maps PS2 pins to USB pins doesn't work.

Al

Although I know nothing about electronic circuitry, my field of expertise stopped at the mains  power point , I kind of figured that would be the case.

Andy

andy a