Sign in to follow this  
remilton

Honeycomb Bravo Throttle LED fix.

Yesterday I received my Bravo Throttle and quickly realized I had an issue with the led's not working or at least not working unless I ran the "AFC_Bridge.exe" manually.  I noticed that many others were having the same issue and also for others it was working just fine.  So I assumed it must be a fixable and was probably just an incorrect install procedure.  Anyway, for those who may experiencing this issue here is the exact process I used to get my Bravo installed and starting up.  I also posted this on Aerosoft's forum.

I Fixed this issue on my computer (MS Store install) and here is how I did it.

1. Make sure your Bravo throttle is plugged in then go to Windows Control Panel and uninstall "Aerosoft's - Honeycomb - MSFS"

2. go to "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

3. Delete  file "exe.xml"

4. Run the install as administrator, program "AS_HONEYCOMB_MSFS_V2100.exe" or whatever the latest version is.

That's it, if you follow these instructions precisely the light on your Bravo throttle should now work.

I hope that helps someone.

• Like 2

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

Thanks for sharing, but il you go to Aerosoft website you’ll find an exe file that does the job for you. 😉

Here you are:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/6001-msfs-honeycomb-software/

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Thanks for sharing, but il you go to Aerosoft website you’ll find an exe file that does the job for you. 😉

That is the same installer I used when I first installed my throttle. I just did a compare and they are identical. For what ever reason it did not install correctly and these are the steps I went through to correct it. It may help someone else.

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

41 minutes ago, Happygillmore77 said:

Helped me so thx! 

Your welcome!

Had the same problem with having to manually start the  "AFC_Bridge.exe" before the LED's started to work, but this procedure solved this problem. Thanks for your tip!!!!

Thank you @remiltonfor that solution. Works very well.

/Thomas

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

On 7/11/2021 at 3:11 PM, remilton said:

I hope that helps someone.

Well, it's now August of 2022, and it helped me!  Any idea why it works?

Kev

8 minutes ago, KevyKevTPA said:

Well, it's now August of 2022, and it helped me!  Any idea why it works?

Kev

All it's doing is running the AFC_Bridge.exe file every time you boot up the sim.

If you look in the exe.xml file it should have an entry there

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The installer is supposed to put that entry in there when you run it the first time.  Seems like it's buggy and likes to corrupt the XML lines  I had to go look around for the correct code to put in there to fix it at the time.  I now keep a backup of my exe.xml for any time I install an update for that or things like FSUIPC that also add an entry because one of those things kept corrupting/wiping out entries in there.  I seem to remember when I first ran the HC LED utility install I already had FSUIPC and maybe it didn't know what to do with that entry already being in there so it totally malformed the code and it wasn't loading.  I think an update of FSUIPC actually completely ate the HC utility lines later on.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Yeah, it worked for a minute, then it stopped.  For FSUIPC, too.  Since I started using Vatsim rather than Pilot2ATC, I don't need that for anything, but I have to remember to run the AFC bridge manually.  But, even if I do, the lights don't work on the Fenix.

I had some issues with the HC/Aerosoft file not running all the time so took that out of the community folder and went over to Better Bravo Lights. I think it works much better and faster. It does NOT go into the community folder.  https://flightsim.to/file/21253/better-bravo-lights.

Edited by w9nwrwi
word change
  • Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

I gave up on it also and just use Better Bravo Lights. No more messed up xml file and working lights. 

Thanks to this suggestion, I also added Better Bravo Lights.  It identified a problem in my exe.xml file that made it refuse to install, and ultimately I found that the Bravo software itself had forgotten a "/" at the end of it's exe.xml entry.

So, I fixed that manually, and Better Bravo then liked what it saw in the XML and installed.  Last night, the last test I did was to run MSFS with the new, Better Bravo modified XML file, and it worked for both itself, and the Fenix software in terms of autorunning.

Then I went to sleep.

Apparently, MSFS got offended from me sleeping instead of flying, and this morning it wasn't autoloading either package, even though absolutely nothing had changed, and I was able to verify that because I saved copies of the XML at every step, and not so much as a single dot, comma, slash, or space had changed since last night.

So, what did?  I think only the god of lost programming languages knows the answer to that.

I managed to get the Better Bravo software running automatically by goofing with the XML, though by then I was pulling out my hair with multiple and different changes, so I'm not at all sure what I changed that worked.  But I can confirm what someone else above observed that it does not seem to be working with the Fenix, though I don't think the original drivers were, either.

As for the Fenix software itself, I've just resigned myself to the fact that I have to start it manually.  I would say it's a PITA, but it's really just a single mouse click so it's not all that bad.  The only real problem is sometimes, when I forget to turn it off, it runs out of control and ends up pegging my CPU at 100% for as long as it's on, in a few instances overnight, until I notice it and shut it down.  I asked Fenix about it, but all they said was I should shut it down when I'm done.

Well, duh, but it shouldn't behave that way if I happen to forget, so...