Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

From Nay Nay to Yay Yay

So, up until recently I have been a major skeptic of MSFS, only because I've been burned with FSW and MS Flight, but it's been so bad at times, I've been sent to time out.  Then this morning I realized that I haven't flown a flight simulator not titled MSFS 2020 in almost a month!  The last couple of weeks have been a blast.  Now, I'm all-in on MSFS and I'm really looking forward to the next update.  I'm really glad though I didn't jump early and spend a bunch of money for a new system as I am finding my current hardware holding it's own with this beast called MSFS.  Upgraded hardware will come, but for now I'm lovin it!  If I have offended anyone in the past, please forgive me.  I see now that the hype that was generated early on is REAL!  I just wanted to get that off my chest.  Continue your flights.

Happy Flying!

Robert a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

• Like 10

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Yay Yay!!!

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Glad u are now enjoying it. I moved from Yay yay to Nay Nay to Oh well it can only get better in time hopefully. Spent all the cash on a brand new build in anticipation and all that. Was enjoying the release version. Then Asobo dug a massive hole for themselves  with the updates. But they are climbing out of it and are improving on that front and most importantly they seem to be listening to the community on these issues better. For me Asobo have 1 major item and two medium Items to fix and after that it should only get better as a platform as an end user. (A third party Developer may have an additional item or two but i cant speak for them)

On a third party level I am anticipating the day two things get introduced into the sim.

Realistic Airline based ai traffic

A glass cockpit based 100% systems represented airliner. The flybywire team seem to be well along the way to providing this and i hope they actually attain this goal. PMDG says its doable and in development so its just a matter of time. They have provided proof of concept for the systems (Just without the glass) so no reason to doubt them

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I have been fortunate in that I have had none of the update bugs or CTD that plague other people, the game has been flawless for me so far.  I suppose it also helps that I am obsessed with low and slow VFR and get bored really quickly in an airliner.

Hopefully Asobo will get to the point where my experience is more the rule for everyone, regardless of system specs or the type of aircraft they prefer, rather than being the exception.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

I've been a yay since day one and it's only getting better!

• Like 2

I had a great flight in MSFS this weekend KLEB to KRUT in VR.  Descending over the Vermont mountains and making that turn onto final to 19 was just awesome.  I'll I'm really waiting for to make MSFS my "go-to" is something like VoxATC and some AI.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

5 hours ago, SmokeDiddy said:

If I have offended anyone in the past, please forgive me.  I see now that the hype that was generated early on is REAL!

"The course of true love doth never run smoothly." -- William Shakespeare

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

14 hours ago, David Mills said:

"The course of true love doth never run smoothly." -- William Shakespeare

hahahahahaha....apparently Willie saw this coming and set aside true words of wisdom.

• Like 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

5 hours ago, SmokeDiddy said:

hahahahahaha....apparently Willie saw this coming and set aside true words of wisdom.

I had always assumed he was talking about British Singles like the Manx and Goldstar, particularly the ones with Lucas Electrics where the switches usually had two positions "OFF" and "Intermittently ON" .

• Like 1