Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Aibus A320 by Wilco how does it fly

Guest Peter Wilding

I finally managed to download the aircraft.I didn't get as far as being able to test it fully because it crashes FSX within about 10-15 minutes of flying when around Seattle.I've looked in to this and it's probably linked to the fact I've got a Core 2 Duo 6600 which anyone in the "know" will know than unofficially, because ACES and INTEL will never admit this, that Core 2 Duo's suffer a RAM problem with FSX..To confirm this while running FSX and the Wilco A320 I watched my RAM creep up, (I have 2GB) to an incredible 97%. Within a few minutes of getting this high FSX will crash.Technically, this is not really Wilco's falult though I would say to them it was probably not a good idea to release this aircraft so early in the life cycle of FSX.The big gestion for me as a developer in particular is how are ACES going to fix these issues. If ACES do not fix these issues then the Core 2 Duo user will have 2 choices.a) change to a very high spec AMD:( Not botther with complex aircraftOf course for me I can't use the Airbus as for me I have a Core 2 Duo so a 10 minute flight is not exacltly what I had in mind.Can I get a refund from Wilco. No...Are Wilco warning customers about the Core 2 issues....NoDo I know of any developers warning customers about the Core 2 issues...NoIs it in the interest of the publisher or developer to warn their customers... No. (but with a few exceptions maybe yes?)Peter

>The big gestion for me as a developer in particular is how are>ACES going to fix these issues. If ACES do not fix these>issues then the Core 2 Duo user will have 2 choices.>>a) change to a very high spec AMD>>:( Not botther with complex aircraftReading in the forums, I thought Core 2 Duo users were those having best performance in FSX!Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Murf

Not to dispute your report of a Core2/FSX bug, but I've been running FSX on a Core2 Duo E6600 with 2 gigs of ram and a GeForce 7950GT card since FSX was released. I have had no problems at all with memory leaks using FSX. I have flown quite a few flights of 3-4 hours with the memory load around the 60% mark.I am using all the default FSX textures with the settings on Med. High.Edit: I do not have the Wilco A320.

>Not to dispute your report of a Core2/FSX bug, but I've been>running FSX on a Core2 Duo E6600 with 2 gigs of ram and a>GeForce 790GT card since FSX was released. I have had no>problems at all with memory leaks using FSX. I have flown>quite a few flights of 3-4 hours with the memory load around>the 60% mark.>>I am using all the default FSX textures with the settings on>Med. High.I've also had the same results with an E6600 and 2GB DDR800. No memory or crash issues. Where else has this been reported?

I suspect, its the aircraft and how win XP manages VM. I could be wrong.I have had memory problems since I mobed the Flight1 MD80 over. The MD80 textures takes a lot of memory for some reason. When my memory usage creeps from 1.6G to 1.99, I get a memory CTD.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I think he's trying to say that it only happens with fsx and complex 3rd party aircraft. About the most complex aircraft I have for fsx is the ES Cirrus SR20 and I haven't had any trouble with it except for the sizable chunk of frame rate it consumes and the very limited amount that this sim has to offer to it.

Hi Peter,I never heard of this Core 2 Duo bug before. Do you have links to any sites or forums where this is mentioned and do you know if ACES is trying to patch this? (not admitting it isn't the same as not knowing about it, yes?)

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Sorry! I should have been more specific.I meant in FSX. I brought over the FS9 MD80 (a complext airliner) over to FSX. and the 2D textures in it consumes lots of memory...and when the overall usage goes from 1.6 to 1.99, it CTDs. with memory issues.I did not have that issue with the Eaglesofts Cirrus cause, the memory never went close to 1.99GigsManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

In my opinion, (and that opinion is based on the vast majority of Core2 users here who report great results with FSX) the problem is with the aircraft, and not with the Core2Duo processor.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Peter Wilding

It's pretty clear Manny is getting this same issue.It maybe the some Core 2 Duo's in some sitututaions don't suffer this issue.For me anyway is that dispite my high spec system, Nividia 7950 with 512MB, core 2 duo 6600 and 2gb of 800 memory I can't use the Airbus by wilco for more than a few minutes; well 10 mins on averate over a dense are like Seattle.Some regions and some default aircraft, sure the RAM holds at 60% for a while.The thing is I can't tell how the airbus flys becuase I can't test it long enough. It's been a terrible waste of money for me as Wilco won't even consider a refund. Needless to say I won't be buying more Wilco aircraft for FSX. In fact I don't think I'll be buying any add on aircraft for fSX for at least until the developers learn how to code and make aircraft for FSX. I would think that's going to mean at least 4-8 months before FSX airaft aircraft are working really well in FSX. Just my opinion.Anyway, at least for me thanks to Wilco I'm going to be very cautious now about what I buy for FSX.Peter

"In fact I don't think I'll be buying any add on aircraft for fSX for at least until the developers learn how to code and make aircraft for FSX."How things change: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search"No disrespect guys but most people that come to these forums get off on slaming and moaning and pointing out the negative aspects."That's all you've been doing of late! Get thee some humble pie!... and once you're done, join the rest of us, as we have plenty of s##t sandwich to go around ;):-xxrotflmao(It's one big s### sandwich and we're all gonna have to take a bite.)

Guest Peter Wilding

Yes, I agree MD83FSX has finally come to bite me in the butt.I've got to face up to the fact it sucks and fps is poor of the bat.FSX does not support a Core 2 duo and any complex add on aircraft are a no go.The only alternative is to set all the sliders way, way down.For the record, I tried it and found the airbus worked okay but the simulator and such minimal settings looks really bad.I think it's time for a new simulator?I think I'll invest some time and money in making a new simulator ready for FS11. At least then we'll all have a choice.What do you think?Peter

Guest B1900 Mech

The big brains need to completely start over with a new flightsim engine.No matter how many people it ####### off.

>It's pretty clear Manny is getting this same issue.>I thought he wasn't having too many problems with his setup anymore...?>>Anyway, at least for me thanks to Wilco I'm going to be very>cautious now about what I buy for FSX.>That is a good/wise idea, especially at the present time. I think in about 10-12 months things will be much more filled-in, in terms of what we know works and what doesn't.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Peter, I probably miss your entire point since I don

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden