Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Fenix A320, high fidelity airliner, is being released

Hmmm, let me embark on this incredibly exciting and scary journey of deciding between a Freeware A320 that is in active development and is being supported by the WT guys and this "consumer friendly" version that costs $$$$

Confirmed RNP AR with Radius to Fix appraoche leg types, sounds pretty hardcore to me. Hope they plan on making a 319. 

• Like 5

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Well it has features the FBW doesn't (but I imagine they'll get eventually)

It uses real GPS algorithms to calculate your location, if you actually know the individual satellite serial numbers, you can deselect them. 

There's 4 real life pilots on the testing team.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

So it's simulating GPS satellites and they know if some of them are down. 

So you can deselect Navstar satellites in the Predictive GPS page on the MCDU. By serial number.

Bonkers.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

but this version appears to even be better than FSLabs.

That still remains to be seen.

If they can deliver the quality and find a reasonable price then hopefully they can do well, but it's a risk if they can't deliver both.

Fully custom autopilot alone makes this an instant buy. Some of the other features they're talking about are mind blowing - no exaggeration.

• Like 1

Simulated 280 circuit breakers

Edited by Tuskin38

Just so people know, there's a stream on Twitch now where they answer questions:

https://www.twitch.tv/chewwy94

And their web page:

https://fenixsim.com/

• Like 3

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

Who is this for? The folks who want an "hardcore" Airbus simulation in MSFS are probably going to wait for FSLabs to port their version over. Simmers happy with a midlevel plane are probably content with the FbW version. 

So, where is the market for this addon - unless they are planning to sell a high fidelity addon at Aerosoft prices.

1 minute ago, thepilot said:

Definitely going to be interesting how FSL responds to this. 

Yep. But competition is good. I'm glad we'll have multiple products to choose from. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Confirmed RNP AR with Radius to Fix appraoche leg types, sounds pretty hardcore to me.

Not sure how hardcore that is, you'll be able to do that in your G1000 NXi equipped C172 soon, too. 😉

All kidding aside, this looks pretty neat, if the claims hold up! Love to see quality stuff come to the sim. We had a similar chat on using the standard sat equations and GPS bootstrap data to realtime position how many you could see from your current location for the CJ4. Never got around to it, but it's a cool idea. Looking forward to reading more as they reveal more.

-Matt

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

Who is this for? The folks who want an "hardcore" Airbus simulation in MSFS are probably going to wait for FSLabs to port their version over. Simmers happy with a midlevel plane are probably content with the FbW version. 

So, where is the market for this addon - unless they are planning to sell a high fidelity addon at Aerosoft prices.

The same people who buy PMDG stuff I guess. They want the absolute highest fidelity and accuracy. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Who is this for? The folks who want an "hardcore" Airbus simulation in MSFS are probably going to wait for FSLabs to port their version over.

Not sure why you think that.

This isn't for me, but I can't help to be in aw of what they're doing.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

99% of the MSFS users don’t even know FSL exist. The first top tier add-on to come to the sim will get a lot of attention. 

I know FSL since FSX, but I have no idea how are their developments going for MSFS (if they are really working on something right now).

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 4

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel