Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Fenix A320, high fidelity airliner, is being released

Really great time for flightsimulation! DC-6, Fenix A320, PMDG 737....that's just too many great aircraft, that we won't be able to fly at the same time. Learning the DC-6 properly with all the failures and without AFD will take some time, not talking about this Fenix beast when it's coming out.

I pretty sure that this will beat everything. If they have blackbox in their team, it has to be something worth waiting for!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Wow looks promising. Have they mentioned any timeframe for release? It looks to me definitely this year is coming, is it ?

No, they won't commit, and I don't blame them.  Visual model and texturing looks about finished, and it appears most of the displays, aircraft systems, and navigation systems are working.  They are at alpha but want a few more on the beta program.

They mentioned tweaking still to be done on the flight model, and sounds.  My guess would be a release late this year (October / November) as they seem to be making startling progress for something built from the ground up.

They did mention maybe releasing in stages, which might help an early release.  For example, CFM version first, but with an IAE engined version to follow, and an electronic flight bag etc.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

59 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

First,,,,watch the twitch stream all the way thru...at least to the part when they talk about not knowing there was an electric fan in the vent system that kicks on as the ram air door closes slowly during takeoff, to help with the airflow into the avionics bay, which was causing the increased heat to be shown on the ECIAS (and overheating if I remember)...is that system and heat dynamics modeling taken to the extreme or what? 😁

If you made it at least that far in the vid (about 35 mins in), and after seeing the pics of the modeling/painting where the screw heads are each rotated differently (because as you know if you screw in 50 screws, maybe 5 or 6 will be in the exact same position), in addition to paint knocked off rivet heads where they are on the real aircraft....IF after all that, and with the default skepticism in place (but not to prevent yourself from being excited and hopeful for this)...you don't think this plane will blow any FSL version completely off the charts, then there are only 3 scenarios you can put yourself in:

1. You work for FSL and know better (or a helpless fan who'll chant their praises to the end of days regardless).
  2. You don't believe anything until you are flying it yourself and can confirm the hype (not a bad thing, but you sure miss out on the excitement before the fact....but are also 100% assured of not being disappointed, hehe)
  3. You are about to completely leave the flight simulation hobby because ...even if thoroughly believing all that was mentioned in the video will become a reality... its still not realistic enough for you. 🤣

Personally, I am totally blown away with what they were showing...and even with my skepticism meter right in the middle...I am very hopeful and choose to believe it will happen (in my lifetime), and we'll all be flying this plane with jaws dropped.

Exciting times no matter what each one of us chooses to believe.

That about sums it up...LOL 😁

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Can someone post a link to the twitch stream. The link in the 1st post isn't working for me.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Looks stunning, and certainly a day1 buy for me. This sim is really improving all the time now. Great to see new devs developing aircraft from the ground up, and within quite a short time period compared to previous sims.

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

My Guess it will be between $50 and $70 US dollars 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

Just now, Richard Sennett said:

My Guess it will be between $50 and $70 US dollars 

That would be a more than fair price for what they have planned.  It sounds like in general they got a good head on themselves.  I wish them all the success and will surely get this one when it comes out.  The world magnetic model...WTH....lol

• Like 4

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

90$ at least IMO if anything like they claim it will be. Aerosoft 3XX stuff will be between 50-70$

2 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Blimey. 

Just skipped through some of the external and internal shots and am gobsmacked by the visual detail, and in awe of the feature detail. It's gonna be the definition of jumping in at the deep end but this might be my first tube purchase.

I'm sure it'll provoke the scorn of the hardcore, but have they said anything about having a fully featured co-pilot who can do everything while I happily enjoy the ride at first?

I've tried that a few times in the default jets but the co-pilot seems to be steaming drunk.

• Like 5

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

On the topic of pricing, I do wonder whether the speculative price range of around $60 (based on that Reddit comment), given the supposed depth of this aircraft, will prompt any changes or reconsideration at PMDG and other similar developers regarding high fidelity payware aircraft pricing.

• Like 9

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

16 minutes ago, IcemanFBW said:

On the topic of pricing, I do wonder whether the speculative price range of around $60 (based on that Reddit comment), given the supposed depth of this aircraft, will prompt any changes or reconsideration at PMDG and other similar developers regarding high fidelity payware aircraft pricing.

There you go Buddy EXACTLY

Thats why I didnt think it was going to be more than 70$ - 75 $ due to the sim world has now exploded sell many at a reasonable price 

Not just a few at high price - thats the flightsim world we live in now - Devlopers will do better in the long run - not saying its not worthy of a high price but many cant afford it at a certain price point - gets more involved if its reasonable - win win 

Luv the FBW Guys your Amazing 

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 1

Rich Sennett

17 minutes ago, IcemanFBW said:

Well ,on the DC6, the price was lower, so I am expecting the 737 to be under 75$

Might even be a good idea for them to lower the price even more sell extra version short/longer/hauler/etc... 

Edited by bendead
  • Like 2

Just now, IcemanFBW said:

Competition is most certainly a very influential factor when high-end devs are in the market.  With no competition, they really have free reign to set the price point per level of detail, within reason of course.

With a bonafide  contender for that market share...(at least from what I saw in the vid...this thing is off the rails compared to what we've ever seen before), all the devs will have to take notice and consider following suite if they are not 1st to market.

In PMDG's case, I think we may have already seen that with the DC-6, as they may be reading the tea leaves on what was acceptable pricing in the old sims.  That plane is a masterpiece, and even not my style of flying, but she is about the only plane I've been flying recently, and every flight is a real adventure/learning experience, which has tremendous appeal in my simming preference.  Worth every cent of the money I spent on her.

Don't get me wrong, I love my modern jets and just recently added your team's excellent Bus to the flying rotation (I know I'm late to the game, but loving it as well...fantastic job on her).  Not that it will be a surprise for those who know me....but this plane, along with any of PMDGs releases will be a purchase for me as well.  Also the AS Twotter will be on my hard drive on day one.   

I'm very excited for the future of this hobby with all the recent news!

• Like 5

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg