Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Fenix A320, high fidelity airliner, is being released

New screenshot :

Quick one - @Fraser was on his way from Dublin to Nice, on VATSIM - and someone got in his way a little bit. Here you see TCAS autopilot in action. Might be something new for some of you that didn't know, but the A320 can in fact fly itself out of hairy TCAS situations, as seen here.

tcas_autopilot.jpg?width=1248&height=791

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Pretty soon it will turn into a rant about "not enough trees"....

No chance... I have heard the Felix A320 can actually generate its own tree LOD radius right out to the visible horizon. 
It does this through separate code that runs outside of the sim to get around Asobo's limits, this is because the Asobo tree LOD radius isn't very good i.e. - "not enough trees"

And I am not even lying about any of this, honest! 😕

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, mrueedi said:

But not from everybody... 🙂

Doing my best not to 😇

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

55 minutes ago, bendead said:

New screenshot :

Quick one - @Fraser was on his way from Dublin to Nice, on VATSIM - and someone got in his way a little bit. Here you see TCAS autopilot in action. Might be something new for some of you that didn't know, but the A320 can in fact fly itself out of hairy TCAS situations, as seen here.

tcas_autopilot.jpg?width=1248&height=791

That's pretty cool and gives me confidence I might see this released this year maybe? 

Just now, highflyer2020 said:

That's pretty cool and gives me confidence I might see this released this year maybe? 

Would be really nice 😉

58 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

This is insane, as far as I know no one ever modeled the Airbus Auto TCAS in any add-on available on the market. Not even FSLabs. It's something that new buses have, or CEOs with new software revisions.

Here is a clip IRL that introduces this system if you want to know.

If they are flying it on VATSIM, I don't think we are still far away from a release, I wouldn't be surprised if this surpasses FSLabs someday.

Just wonder how much it will be, I certainly hope it's not surpassing FSLabs in that regard...

• Like 3

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

It is amazing the number of people that want to bash a product that hasn't even been released yet. No wonder Avsim has such a negative reputation by some. 

By the same token, everyone stating this is the "greatest thing ever" are also talking about a product that hasn't been released yet.

Right now we have a few screenshots and few comments from dev, testers and a very limitted selection of other people.

I hope this module does live up to the descriptions we've been given but right now NONE of us know if it will or not.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

By the same token, everyone stating this is the "greatest thing ever" are also talking about a product that hasn't been released yet.

Right now we have a few screenshots and few comments from dev, testers and a very limitted selection of other people.

I hope this module does live up to the descriptions we've been given but right now NONE of us know if it will or not.

It is indeed shameful that this type of advertising only giving out very small amounts of information to the customers in order to drive them crazy and start a hype. For example, nobody has to tell me that the developers don't have a schedule. 

Imagine I have the same thing when I build a house. Disaster 🤣

By the way, One of them asked for the release date on the discord. I replied that they have one but will not reveal one to harm psychology. I was immediately kicked out of the discord 🤣

7 minutes ago, Deleted said:

It is indeed shameful that this type of advertising only giving out very small amounts of information to the customers in order to drive them crazy and start a hype. For example, nobody has to tell me that the developers don't have a schedule. 

Imagine I have the same thing when I build a house. Disaster 🤣

Everyone I know that has had a house built for them got used to being told, " It will be finished in two more weeks". Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Discussion about Concorde has been hidden as it’s off topic. Final reminder to stay on topic or the thread could be locked.

• Like 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Everyone I know that has had a house built for them got used to being told, " It will be finished in two more weeks". Rinse and repeat. 

But it makes a big difference whether I give an exact date, a quarter, or no date at all.

Well - they know what's on the table with FBW and the FSL version in P3D. And that is what it will be measured against in every possible detail, sub page and pixel. So if they really have something that could win that meticulous scrutiny by all experts here, I recommend them to stay in beta for a long time. A premature release will unleash hell 🙂

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

8 minutes ago, mazex said:

Well - they know what's on the table with FBW and the FSL version in P3D. And that is what it will be measured against in every possible detail, sub page and pixel. So if they really have something that could win that meticulous scrutiny by all experts here, I recommend them to stay in beta for a long time. A premature release will unleash hell 🙂

95% of simmers will buy something with a working LNAV/VNAV and decent programming of the FMC pages.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1