Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Fenix A320, high fidelity airliner, is being released

40 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You reminded me of a what a CFI said to me  many years ago. I was on my first cross country dual, flying from Vero beach to Ft Lauderdale, and it was bumpy. Then he woiuld ask me to look up something on the sectional, and while I did, he would take he controls. This happened a couple of times, and finally I said, how come when you are flying there isn't much turbulence like when I have the controls. He said', You are making your own turbulence by trying to correct every bump and dip the aircraft makes. " Just relax and let the airplane fly itself. After that, my flying was much smoother. 

When I learn to fly my CFI stuck pencils between fingers to ease up my "vulcan death grip". Now I do same thing to some of my students LOL

• Like 4

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

When I learn to fly my CFI stuck pencils between fingers to ease up my "vulcan death grip". Now I do same thing to some of my students LOL

I can remember my CFI slapping my right hand if I started to use it to grab the yoke with both hands. "Only finger tips of left hand is allowed", he would say.

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 hours ago, Alec said:

This project is for me a landmark for MSFS2020. Such a deep and custom modeled complex aircraft, with fully featured systems, automation

Has it been released? I must have missed something......

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Has it been released? I must have missed something......

🙄

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

You reminded me of a what a CFI said to me  many years ago. I was on my first cross country dual, flying from Vero beach to Ft Lauderdale, and it was bumpy. Then he woiuld ask me to look up something on the sectional, and while I did, he would take he controls. This happened a couple of times, and finally I said, how come when you are flying there isn't much turbulence like when I have the controls. He said', You are making your own turbulence by trying to correct every bump and dip the aircraft makes. " Just relax and let the airplane fly itself. After that, my flying was much smoother. 

Early on my CFI worked on correcting my death grip and my constantly correcting for minor turbulence. I was much smoother after.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

11 hours ago, NZ255 said:

If the flight model is external I believe it means they’re implementing a lot of their own stuff including (as far as I’m aware) how it interacts with weather, air masses etc. I’m which case it might not be possible to get that detailed wx/wind information from the sims APIs.

I assume, the typical case of an externally modelled autopilot would still just calculate the control surface positions and set them via simconnect. All the sims aerodynamic features would remain that way.

11 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

My driving coach forces me to use a tea cup grip on the steering wheel in the car.  I'm allowed to use both hands though @Bobsk8  He does force me to keep my pinkies up and prefers no more than 3 fingers on the wheel pointer index and thumb, ring and pinky should be extended to prevent a death grip.  He also comes on the radio to remind me to breathe and shake my hands out from time to time LOL    Very similar concepts in both auto and motorcycle racing though.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

11 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I had that Vulkan death grip in gilders. It made me feel uncomfortable to not have an engine. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

8 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Wow pretty compressive features! I don't know, I am starting to think this add-one is already above FSLabs threshold 😄. But, let's wait and see for the release

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I start thinking this developer IS fslabs.....

New name because of all the negative publicity  some time ago....who knows

Anyway, fslabs has great stuff so if they release an airbus for msfs I'd probably buy it anyway

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jozeff said:

I start thinking this developer IS fslabs.....

New name because of all the negative publicity  some time ago....who knows

Anyway, fslabs has great stuff so if they release an airbus for msfs I'd probably buy it anyway

It’s interesting that they’ve taken the name Fenix.. Whats the spiritual symbol for the Phoenix.. Ressurection after death/ Rebirth.. You could argue that FSlabs was dead from a marketing point of view, the bad press would always follow them now and that’s the last thing you want on a brand new platform/customer base…Let the old name die out an start a fresh.

Love a good conspiracy theory!

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 1

While this made me chuckle a little bit - my name is Aamir and I own the company. We have nothing to do with Lefteris or FSL. 

• Like 23

Aamir Thacker

I think it's the best implementation of RF legs I've seen anywhere. We still are waiting to see how it flies it but again, impressed and eager for next week.

• Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS