Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Fenix A320, high fidelity airliner, is being released

22 minutes ago, tweekz said:

When I watch some "air disaster" episodes on Youtube to go sleeping, it is ridiculous how often I see captains with thousands of hours of experience (on type) make simple yet fatal mistakes that you learn about in your first lessons in flight school. Like stalling the plane.

Did a BFR with an instructor who, after I offered he do the next departure because I had already done 3 takeoffs and landings, took off and hovered in ground effect until he reached the end of the runway threshold, then he yanked the yoke full aft and rode the stall horn to about 50-60 degrees nose up. In a 172 model M.

Scared the - out of me. G forces were so insane all I could see was my chest, and it was in that moment I realized how people with thousands of hours die in perfectly functioning airplanes.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

8 hours ago, scotchegg said:

A lot of sim-bashing (in any direction) seems to basically be saying "you shouldn't be satisfied with your experience of this sim because it isn't modeling this feature well". 

Totally agree.

In the gaming world we are a very small genre with a low number compared to other titles like COD etc. So I wish people got along instead of all the squabbling. Nothing wrong with friendly debate but this "[Insert sim name here] does airflow simulation much better than [insert other sim name here] so I dont know how you can say that C172 feels real lol" gets old fast. 

Who. Cares. All of us, wether MSFS, XP11, DCS, AeroFly, FlightGear are sitting at home flying pretend planes around. Just enjoy 🙂 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

How many hours do you have ? and to you make judgments on just one person’s opinion?

When it’s a highly experienced pilot, yes. Much more so over gamers.

2 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Don’t fly MSFS then nor P3D nor Xplane. Enjoy! 

Can we now get back on topic that I think is about. Fenix  A320 ^^

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 7

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

13 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yes.  I would like to ask Aamir when he next pops in, can we have a list of the 200 liveries please?  It shouldn't take long to type! 😀

PS.  By the way, to other flight simmers out there 'flying' other simulators...  My pretend plane is better than your pretend plane!... 😝

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, Doug47 said:

For every "highly" experienced pilot who claims MSFS 2020 flight model is "not that realistic", I can find at least 3 more "highlier" experienced pilots and CFIs (and some of them have aeronautical engineering degrees even) who claim it's "quite realistic". 

Here's just one piece of evidence and testimony in favour of MSFS 2020's flight model from Bruce Williams, a CFI who's been a pilot for over 30 years, specializes in IFR training, flying technically advanced aircraft and Beechcraft Bonanza models. he's also an approved American Bonanza Society's Beechcraft Pilot Proficiency Program instructor, a representative of the National FAA Safety Team and owns an aviation consulting, training, and services company in Seattle:

He says, while talking about MSFS 2020's flight model: "Many virtual pilots obsess about “flight dynamics,” how realistically the simulated aircraft “fly.” I’ve written extensively about this topic. I don’t yet have much experience testing the behaviour of aircraft in FS2020 with which I’m familiar. And in any event, much discussion of the handling of aircraft is confused by limitations of the joysticks, yokes, rudder pedals, and other devices that virtual pilots use to fly their sims. So far, however, the aircraft I have flown in FS2020 seem to behave predictably, and the pitch+power+configuration setups that I employ in their real counterparts seem to hold up reasonably well in the simulation."

Source: Flight Simulator 2020: First Impressions | BruceAir, LLC (bruceair.com) (wordpress.com)

Not to mention that for both FBW A320 and the upcoming FenixSim A320 for MSFS 2020, there are several real world type-rated Airbus pilots alpha-testing and providing feedback on the flight model. 

Edited by EvidencePlz
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Don’t fly MSFS then nor P3D nor Xplane. Enjoy! 

And just because this is MSFS the plane should be sold at 20$ USD to satisfy the masses. Get out of here They are selling junk for 40 on the marketplace.

Edited by jbdbow1970

We're always talking about the plane while the weather is just as important. Planes fly through air and air is moving. Default, most other sims load in weather data instantly causing abrupt changes of conditions. So, how realistic is that?

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

most other sims load in weather data instantly causing abrupt changes of conditions. So, how realistic is that?

Good question. Doesn't sound realistic at all cause in real world the weather certainly doesn't change as abruptly and instantly as you describe it and as I myself have experienced it numerous times in both Prepar3D and XP11 with ActiveSky weather addon running. May be our mystery 11.5k hour real world pilot and his prepar3d/XP fanbase would like to shed some light on that? Hmm.

Edited by EvidencePlz
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, fwwba01 said:

Hi All, 

Is this forum locked? 🤔

If it was, your post wouldn't show! 😃

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

54 minutes ago, fwwba01 said:

Hi All, 

Is this forum locked? 🤔

No, the topic is not locked. Just stay on topic please.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It's a shame that there is still no date. I would like to know if it is another year, 6 months or even weeks.