Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Fenix A320, high fidelity airliner, is being released

8 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

The crispness of that track drawn on the ND makes me happy. Very much looking forward to more information on this aircraft.

And L/DEV is there!! 😁

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

5 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Staying quiet for a big dog like FSLabs is the wrong strategy, IMO.  If you're a big dog, you make it loud and clear that you are developing a certain product, to dissuade an unknown company and smaller team from making the same product that you are making.  If FSLabs had been upfront in August of 2020 that their first priority was to come out with an A320 for MSFS, it would have possibly stopped Fenix from moving forward with their A320 project.

I agree but only to a point. As FSL's product is already exists on a declining platform, one can reasonably assume they will attempt to port it to the replacement platform. If any developer in that situation makes a big announcement they are going to do a port or replacement, it will disuade some people from buying the current version as they await the new version, so it can hurt sales revenue whilst not really benefitting them in terms of preventing competitors springing up.

This is particularly relevant to developers such as PMDG and FSL who do not offer upgrade paths, as they are foregoing much more revenue each time someone decides to sit and wait for the version on the new platform.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I long wondered why this community always thinks in exclusivity????

If Fenix A320 comes out, FSL will be done. X-Plane will be done because of MSFS. Everybody will be done....My flight sim is better than yours etc.

The market will decide this! X-Plane has a large following on mobile and Linux and while this is a smaller market, it is still a market.

Fenix A320, FSL, FBW can all co-exist. We and thousands, or even tens of thousand new users with our wallets will decide. There will be a market for freeware, $60, $100, $140 aircraft, admittingly more niche, the higher the price...

Heck, some of us will even buy every A320 AND use the freeware offering....

It is not black or white, it is probably something in between....

I for one welcome competition, it will make things better for us!

• Like 4

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

4 minutes ago, Silicus said:

If Fenix A320 comes out, FSL will be done. X-Plane will be done because of MSFS. Everybody will be done....My flight sim is better than yours etc.

The market will decide this! X-Plane has a large following on mobile and Linux and while this is a smaller market, it is still a market.

Fenix A320, FSL, FBW can all co-exist. We and thousands, or even tens of thousand new users with our wallets will decide. There will be a market for freeware, $60, $100, $140 aircraft, admittingly more niche, the higher the price...

Agree 100%, and many many of us did this with FSX and P3D.  I purchased 2 versions of EGLL, I purchased the Aerosoft Airbus and the FSL.  Lots of room for everyone.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Relax... everybody is just sharing their visions/opinions, you are (everybody is) free to disagree. 

• Like 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Aaaarrgggghhhh!!!!! STOP MAKING SENSE!!! Don't you get it?? McDonalds has won, Burger King is going to cease to exist!

• Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

On 7/12/2021 at 5:30 PM, Ricardo41 said:

Who is this for? The folks who want an "hardcore" Airbus simulation in MSFS are probably going to wait for FSLabs to port their version over. Simmers happy with a midlevel plane are probably content with the FbW version. 

So, where is the market for this addon - unless they are planning to sell a high fidelity addon at Aerosoft prices.

For people who don’t want to install the FSLABS malware like me. Not even for free

• Like 8

Lukas Dalton

4 hours ago, EGLD said:

yes, but all those applications have to "wipe their own a**s" as we say in the UK

it's why I've always been surprised MS didn't go down the sub route

How long will all of our £100 purchase prices sustain pulling down satellite imagery before the men in suits start to question who's covering the on-going costs - I assume we'll get a new version before then

OK, something got lost in the translation...lol.  Let me rephrase.  MSFS users are NOT the only users of the Bing data/maps.  I'm sure it was already funded long before FS came back to the scene.  Now I know what you're thinking...additional server/bandwidth costs, right?  Sure, we're adding to the pile, but I'm sure they thought of that already, wouldn't you think?  

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

31 minutes ago, Silicus said:

Fenix A320, FSL, FBW can all co-exist.

FBW and the paywares, are not an issue at all, It's a great addon, nearly complex enough to do what 90% of simmer are looking for, you can have all the goodies "MSFS flight planning, weather, terrain radar + some cool stuff and since they are partner/in relation with Asobo, their addon will be on Xbox, for new simmers to experience something deeper than they should expect with default planes. As a new casual simmer having access to that really quickly is awesome, took me 3 years flying default planes on FSX until I realized that advanced addon even existed.

As for FSL and Fenix, it's a different story, at same quality level, the first one who release and also the one with the biggest fan community on MSFS will win, a couple of simmer would buy both and the majority would be asking what different awesome new planes are coming out soon.

Edited by bendead
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Yes Katie and Blackbox are real A320 pilots on Alpha and stream on Twitch, I just wish they have included A320 sim pilot (RWP(A320)) also  like others stated and he is very impressed with the FBW project too. There is no exposure on Youtube and A320 sim pilot would do just that for this new project.

There’s 4 airbus pilots on the testing team, the other two haven’t been named publicly.

Edited by Tuskin38

4 hours ago, bendead said:

Untitled2.png?width=1385&height=779

I never thought I'd see an ADR fault simulated like this. It's even on GPS ALT!? Holy word not flippin allowed.

I wish the devs had implemented service based failures; it would really put the final nail in the bridge between game and sim.

• Like 6

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Just curious. Is Fenix American for Phoenix?  I have been pronouncing it "Fenn - ix", maybe it is "Fee - nix"?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, IanHarrison said:

Just curious. Is Fenix American for Phoenix?  I have been pronouncing it "Fenn - ix", maybe it is "Fee - nix"?

Actually it's the other way around, Fenix is a very old English way of of spelling Phoenix, but of course the English language is the b*st*rd of all languages, with influences from Greek, Arabic, Latin, French etc, so the winner in terms of which spelling became the common one, was Phoenix. That was largely because of the influence of the French language on most European countries since French was the language used in the Royal courts, so most Kings, Queens etc primarily spoke French. The related meaning of Phoenicians as a nationality, which referred to people who work with red dyes, might be something to do with the mythical Phoenix bird appearing red when emerging from a fire, which was of course also a common heraldic device used on flags and shields etc.

French being language of the Royal courts in medieval times and remaining influential up until around the 1800s, is one of the reasons why you find oddities such the 'Blue Max' (Orden Pour Le Merite) - established by Prussian monarch Frederick II in 1740 - being one of the highest military honours of the German empire from 1871 onwards when that was formed, but still retaining its French name. But the fact that it had a French name is probably why the Germans popularised its nickname of the Blue Max courtesy of Max Immelmann being the most famous person to have received the award courtesy of his fighter plane exploits early in WW2 and one of the first 'celebrity aces' of the Great War.

So really, you can spell Phoenix (Fenix) either way and you'll be correct.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 8

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, DaWu said:

For people who don’t want to install the FSLABS malware like me. Not even for free

You are correct.

12 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

This new Airbus project will have caused some consternation and they’ll need to assess their options I imagine before announcing their intentions.

That's probably putting it mildly. I imagine FSLabs are staring at Fenix's announcement like someone who just got slapped upside the head with a bag of wet pasta.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

OK, something got lost in the translation...lol.  Let me rephrase.  MSFS users are NOT the only users of the Bing data/maps.  I'm sure it was already funded long before FS came back to the scene.  Now I know what you're thinking...additional server/bandwidth costs, right?  Sure, we're adding to the pile, but I'm sure they thought of that already, wouldn't you think?  

no-one uses Bing maps 😋