Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

RXP GTN 750 install (resolved)

Hi is it possible to install the rxp gtn into the Cessna 441 using the rxp configurator, do I have to have the F1 installed to do this, just installed the 441 fly’s really smooth in vr.

thanks,jim

Edited by RXP

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

2 hours ago, jimimac said:

Hi is it possible to install the rxp gtn into the Cessna 441 using the rxp configurator, do I have to have the F1 installed to do this, just installed the 441 fly’s really smooth in vr.

thanks,jim

Do you own the F1 GTN750? If so, then yes I think it would be best to install it first, and then switch to the RXP unit since as I understand it the RXP tool replaces an existing GTN750 install. However, even if you don't own the F1 GTN750 I'd give the RXP tool a try.

If you don't own the F1 GTN750 and the RXP tool doesn't work,  I think I can help you get the RXP GTN70 installed 'another' way.

Al

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jimimac said:

thanks,jim

Jim,
I have suggested to forum administrators that they move this topic to the Reality XP support area here on Avsim where you will find additional help.  There is more than one 441 out there and it may make a difference which one.  In many cases the Reality XP configuration tool can directly replace even a stock or default gauge.  So when this gets over into the Reality XP support forums I recommend you append your question with the specific 441 you are attempting to use this way.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, ark said:

Do you own the F1 GTN750? If so, then yes I think it would be best to install it first, and then switch to the RXP unit since as I understand it the RXP tool replaces an existing GTN750 install. However, even if you don't own the F1 GTN750 I'd give the RXP tool a try.

If you don't own the F1 GTN750 and the RXP tool doesn't work,  I think I can help you get the RXP GTN70 installed 'another' way.

Al

I don’t have the F1 gtn, i will give the rxp tool a try.

thank you

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

thank you,Jim

1 hour ago, jimimac said:

I don’t have the F1 gtn, i will give the rxp tool a try.

thank you

OK, post what happens. Use a GTN750 version of the C441 since that will have the GTN750 bezel built into the panel.  Then when you run the RXP tool select "No Bezel".  I assume you have the Flysimware C441 aircraft since this thread was started in the Flysimware Forum.

Al

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Installed the rxp gtn as you instructed but I have a black screen but it will open up as a pop up and works ok do you know if it is possible to get to view in the aircraft panel if not then operating as a pop up will have to do I’ll just need to get it to view in the cockpit while using vr.

thank you

thank you,Jim

1 hour ago, jimimac said:

Installed the rxp gtn as you instructed but I have a black screen but it will open up as a pop up and works ok do you know if it is possible to get to view in the aircraft panel if not then operating as a pop up will have to do I’ll just need to get it to view in the cockpit while using vr.

thank you

Yes, the GTN750 should work in the panel. Sending you a panel.cfg file request via a PM.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

To close the loop on this thread, the OP's Flysimware C441's panel.cfg file was modified with a text editor so now the RXP GTN750 is installed in the aircraft panel and is also available as a popup. 

Al

• Like 2

@ark thank you for helping @jimimac out! This is much appreciated!!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

17 minutes ago, RXP said:

@ark thank you for helping @jimimac out! This is much appreciated!!

You are very welcome -- glad to help out where I can.

Al

• Like 1

Thank you for your help really appreciated.

• Like 1

thank you,Jim