Sign in to follow this  
Fleahead

Pilot2ATC Not Connecting To MSFS2020 CRJ

I have been experiencing issues whereas P2A fails to fully connect to the Aerosoft CRJ. I do not load P2A until the flight is fully loaded in the sim, but when I push the CONNECT button, I get the panel messages saying it is connected, and my call sign is shown but the button doesn't turn green nor the PWR button although the Master Battery is on. I've been having this problem intermittently but this morning I can't get it to work at all even after 3 complete FS shutdowns and starting whole process over. Any suggestions? My next step is going to be restarting the PC to see if something is stuck somewhere.

Core i9-10850K Gen10 - RTX3080 - 32G - HP Reverb G2 WMR

When weird things happen, restarting the PC is a usually a good idea.  

If the Power Btn is not turning green, it could be that the specific aircraft does not have a separate Avionics button.  Try setting the P2A option to ignore Avionics Switch.

Some other things to check:

• Set your weather to NOAA if it's not already.  Having weather set to an option that is not working can stop the connection.
  • Be sure you have a good connection to the internet.  Many things happen during connecting that require the internet.
  • Be sure you have a Mic set as the default Windows audio input device
  • Be sure English-US is set as Windows Primary Language
  • Check that you have a Valid Call Sign.  Try using the default of Mfg: Beech;  Tail Number: N431VB
  • Try running P2A as Administrator

Dave

Restarting FSUIPC7 fixes this pretty much every time I have this issue with the connect button not turning green. If you cant see an assigned frequency below where its says connected in the pane to the right then FSUIPC needs a restart. All my other apps using FSUIPC come alive then too.

Cheers, Andy.

Restarting the PC does fix the issue. I didn't try rebooting FSUIPC, which would be a lot faster. I can recreate the same scenario by shutting down P2A after I've already got it connected, then restarting it then try to connect. I get the same condition. The panel says it is connected but there's no green light and it's not really connected. Is this normal?

Please check if within the P2A Config  at "P2A Setup" tab the option "Ignore Battery Switch" and/or  "Ignore Avionics Switch" are ticked.
Some Aircrafts didn't report this status correctly to P2A. So it's better to activate both  in P2A.

Kind regards
Peter

Windows: Microsoft Windows (R) 10 Pro, Hardware:  Intel i9-10900K,  32GB DDR4 Ram,  GTX 1080,  SSD M2 512GB (System),  SSD M2 1TB (Data), 
Software:  X-Plane 11.51, Pilot2ATC v2.6.2.3_r2, MSFS2020 

Restarting FSUIPC definitely solves the problem. I make it a point now to always restart FSUIPC just before launching p2a. I imagine that the text in the status panel saying that it is connected means that it is only connected to FSUIPC but the green light means it is actually connected to the A/C.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to necro.
If I restart FSUIPC pilot2atc connects but steam gives me the message - FSX is already running. And I can't find the process to kill so I have to restart my pc. Then I can launch fsx but pilot2atc will not connect?
And help is appreciated.

Edited by Zatoichi

When you install FSUIPC7 there is an option to automatically start FSUIPC with MSFS (or maybe it's to automatically start MSFS with FSUIPC).  Select that option and then they both should start correctly and P2A should be able to connect correctly.

Answering your original question, you can use Windows Task Manager to "kill" any running process.  However, I don't know what the affect might be if you kill the instance of FSUIPC7 running with MSFS and try to restart just FSUIPC7.  Getting them to start together seems to work every time.

Dave