Sign in to follow this  
w6kd

Video artifacts, xlinked textures on P3D 4 & 5 UI dialogs

It appears that one of the recent Win 10 updates (KB5003637 or KB4023057) caused the opening scenario UI dialog to go wonky, with cross-linked textures, missing/disappearing buttons etc.  I was on Win 10 20H2 with nVidia driver 466.27, and updating to 21H1 and 471.11 did not change anything.

So if you see this, the solution here (in both P3Dv4.5 HF3 and P3Dv5.1 HF1) was to set the following parameter in the USERINTERFACE section of the Prepar3D.cfg file: UIHardwareAcceleration=False

The default value is True, which was working fine up until now.

Edit: I've seen some reports of UI windows other than the "create a scenario" window also exhibiting this behavior.

• Like 8

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, EVGA RTX3090 XC3 Ultra
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x NVME 2x SATA Samsung SSD, EVGA 1KW PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
SoundBlaster XFi Titanium, TOSLINK to Yamaha RX-V467 HT Rcvr, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Thanks for the heads-up Bob!

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.1 HF1 and sometimes FSX!

MFG Crosswind | ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle|  i7-8700K @4.5Ghz | MSI Z370 HD3 Tomahawk | MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor 8Gb |16Gb Corsair 3000Mhz DDR4 DRAM| Samsung EVO 850 500Gb |WD Blue 1Tb SSD SATA disk | Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2Tb NMVe SSD disk | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p  | beQuiet Silent Base 800 tower  

Thanks a lot! First I thought it's only a problem on my side. I changed the .cfg value and now it seems to work.

I'm on Windows 10 2004 with P3D v5.1 HF1 and Nvidia driver 471.11.

Yes, I made the observation that when I start the AIG Manager (AI traffic) the UI there has this issues too.

Yes you are right, aig is the only program that have this problem. Try other with no problem.

Frédéric Giraud

Whew, I feel way better now……thought it was just me seeing this issue on my machine.  Appreciate the heads up Bob!

• Like 1

P3D V5 HF1 | Windows 10 | MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon | Intel 9700k, 5.1Ghz | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID GAMING | ASUS PG348Q 34" Ultrawide | Fractal Design Meshify C | NZXT Kraken X72 | EVGA 220-G2 850W

Thank you tremendously for this.  I thought it was just me and I was having some sort of driver corruption and was having flashbacks to the UI issues with FS9 LOL!

Thank you!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg