Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

Milviz ATR

Honestly, if v6 is anything like MSFS in it's graphic capabilities... we will code for that platform as well...

• Like 5

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

2 hours ago, Milviz said:

Honestly, if v6 is anything like MSFS in it's graphic capabilities... we will code for that platform as well...

Thanks for the honesty and supporting the way forward..I agree the graphic offering in msfs is miles ahead. I will most definitely be purchasing your upcoming titles for msfs. 

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

After all it's all about the graphics.

Screw functionality and realism. We want "Godrays" and cotton clouds.

• Like 3

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

17 minutes ago, Juliett Alfa said:

No, it's all about the market...  And if the market wants a realistic world with "almost" all of the functionality of P3D today that only leaves MSFS.  The DC-6 and new Fenix 320 are debunking the no high fidelity add-ons argument.  Really once Damian and AS have an answer to the wxr which is a true let down still I can't really think of too much MSFS can't do from a functionality and realism perspective.  The Fenix 320 actually surpasses anything we have seen in terms of functionality and realism already in it's Alpha state according to the videos.  They have already achieved things FSL couldn't in 10 years with P3D so really in short time their is going to be no functionality/realism discussions because MSFS will have surpassed P3D unless V6 comes with a massive package of improvements.  If LM were to bring their graphics to 2021 standards combined with their current functionality and if the sales numbers validated it Milviz would re-consider P3D but not in it's current state or in the current state of the market or at the rate MSFS is maturing. It is the obvious direction the FS market is moving right now, fighting it is futile. 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

7 minutes ago, psolk said:

No, it's all about the market...  And if the market wants a realistic world with "almost" all of the functionality of P3D today that only leaves MSFS.  The DC-6 and new Fenix 320 are debunking the no high fidelity add-ons argument.  Really once Damian and AS have an answer to the wxr which is a true let down still I can't really think of too much MSFS can't do from a functionality and realism perspective.  The Fenix 320 actually surpasses anything we have seen in terms of functionality and realism already in it's Alpha state according to the videos.  They have already achieved things FSL couldn't in 10 years with P3D so really in short time their is going to be no functionality/realism discussions because MSFS will have surpassed P3D unless V6 comes with a massive package of improvements.  If LM were to bring their graphics to 2021 standards combined with their current functionality and if the sales numbers validated it Milviz would re-consider P3D but not in it's current state or in the current state of the market or at the rate MSFS is maturing. It is the obvious direction the FS market is moving right now, fighting it is futile. 

Out of curiosity what is Fenix planned to provide FSL haven't?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

30 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Out of curiosity what is Fenix planned to provide FSL haven't?

You can see this thread or this link: I don't want to turn this into an FSL V Fenix, only one company has delivered something to date so there is no comparison yet... 

But 

Suffice to say, however, every single autoflight mode is modelled, and complete. You can fly the absolute most complex RNAV/RNP procedures, or if the mood strikes, use the MCDU and FMGS to aid you in flying non-precision (or even visual) approaches. We’ve built this specifically so you can go out and do everything the real A320 does, without worrying about whether or not a specific function is modelled. It’s covered.

RNP with radius-fix leg types

The FLS guidance mode is a non-precision approach aid which computes a virtual glideslope and localiser, thereby constructing a “pseudo-beam” by combining Flight Path Angle, approach course, and a selected “anchor point”. From the images provided, you may notice some rather distinctive symbology, unique to this new autoflight mode. The FLS mimics the ILS concept, however, this guidance mode relies only on the onboard navigation sensors, and does not require any additional ground aids. Being able to generate a virtual glideslope and localiser is definitely a fascinating twist on shooting a classic visual approach.

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

2 minutes ago, psolk said:

You can see this thread or this link: I don't want to turn this into an FSL V Fenix, only one company has delivered something to date so there is no comparison yet... 

But 

Thanks

• Like 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

On 7/17/2021 at 11:34 AM, djbully said:

I have the Totter working in v5. Just make sure the latest xml tools is installed and you should be good to go. I have not noticed any issues with it. 

Which is the latest version? I have only found xml tools 64 for p3d v4

10 minutes ago, Boeingnut said:

Which is the latest version? I have only found xml tools 64 for p3d v4

If you have their Beaver and access to it's support forum, then it's on this page:

http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=12598

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

On 7/16/2021 at 6:05 PM, Milviz said:

There’s no C-5 on our plate.  

Yeah kinda thought the comment I read was odd given its age, I would think IF you were to do a heavy it would be the C-17.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

On 7/17/2021 at 10:20 AM, Milviz said:

Some of our less complex products are now being tested and fixed for P3D v5.  We will likely not be charging for these updates as that's all they are; updates.  They will not necessarily have any new features, the WX implementation may (or may not) work and there may be some minor issues.  No bug fixing will be taking place, so if you're expecting more than the absolute minimum required to get these to work in the sim, you will be disappointed.  Some of the older products will not be updated at all due to us having to spend an inordinate amount of time basically redoing the systems.  One of these would be the F-86F Sabre.

It needs to be made 100% clear:  We will no longer be updating any products should they be "broken" by a new update/upgrade by LM. 

We are not going to be providing support for those products once they are released.   It's the end of the line for us in the consumer space on this sim.  Unless, hopefully, LM gets their act together and releases something "equivalent" to MSFS.  If that happens, then we will see what's what.

For now, we are deffo moving towards MSFS in a big way...

If you bought P3D products directly from us using our store, you will be given a rebate for when that same/similar product gets released for MSFS.  It is our intention to do all of them, at some point for the new sim.

Whilst I understand that this will upset some of you... there's really no choice in this.  Adapt or die.

We appreciate the honesty and look forward to the releases.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

On 7/18/2021 at 6:54 AM, psolk said:

They have already achieved things FSL couldn't in 10 years with P3D so really in short time their is going to be no functionality/realism discussions because MSFS will have surpassed P3D unless V6 comes with a massive package of improvements.  

From my experience, I'm not sure FS2020 has anything to do with their high level simulation of the A320 systems at all.

I have no doubt some vendors will find they can make better flight models on FS2020, some others will find they can make flight models better on P3D5 instead, and FS2020 rendering engine and 3D model handling is offering innovative visuals and interactive improvements. What I mean with the above is what does FS2020 has to offer which makes this A320 product possible only on FS2020 and not on P3D5 from an aircraft systems and displays simulation perspective?

edit: oops, sorry for derailing the topic from the ATR (no need to answer, it is more a rhetorical question in fact)

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 7/18/2021 at 11:37 AM, Juliett Alfa said:

Functionality and realism will come in time in MSFS, and quicker than most people think, it's maturing rather quickly.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

10 hours ago, RXP said:

From my experience, I'm not sure FS2020 has anything to do with their high level simulation of the A320 systems at all.

I have no doubt some vendors will find they can make better flight models on FS2020, some others will find they can make flight models better on P3D5 instead, and FS2020 rendering engine and 3D model handling is offering innovative visuals and interactive improvements. What I mean with the above is what does FS2020 has to offer which makes this A320 product possible only on FS2020 and not on P3D5 from an aircraft systems and displays simulation perspective?

edit: oops, sorry for derailing the topic from the ATR (no need to answer, it is more a rhetorical question in fact)

Nope, you are spot on...  Nothing in MSFS20 that I know of makes their A320 special it is just that they are doing it for MSFS not P3D which means "potentially" the highest fidelity add-on we've seen to date (potentially, they still have to deliver) in the most high fidelity Sim we have available. .  They do seem to be doing things other dev's haven't and one thing you can absolutely do better in MSFS is the legs rendering in the PFD.  The screenshots in their preview are unlike anything I've seen in FS.  

I guess the real question would be if the same add-on dropped for P3D and MSFS simultaneously which one would people buy?  Yep, you could deliver the same thing from a functionality perspective (which negates the functionality and realism argument) but would anyone buy it in P3D if it released in MSFS the same day?  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

2 hours ago, psolk said:

I guess the real question would be if the same add-on dropped for P3D and MSFS simultaneously which one would people buy?

More would buy for MSFS, I am certain. But that only partly has to do with the product(s) in question. I believe the MSFS users are, at the moment at least, way more "hungry" for good add-ons. For P3D, there are already at least two A320 offerings, one very usable and one top-notch.

Edited by d.tsakiris
  • Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else