Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

Milviz ATR

Just now, d.tsakiris said:

More would buy for MSFS, I am certain. But that only partly has to do with the products(s) in question. I believe the MSFS users are, at the moment at least, way more "hungry" for good add-ons. For P3D, there are already at least two A320 offerings, one very usable and one top-notch.

Good point, saturated market v new offering.  Everyone wants shiny new toys LOL.  I would wager that any new release regardless of market saturation would inevitably do exponentially better in MSFS sales and that leads back to the Milviz decision on the ATR.  Even if they released for both sims at this point the P3D sales would be a small fraction of the MSFS sales and that drives business decisions.  It's not about comparing sims it's strictly business and where the financial opportunity lies.  

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

6 minutes ago, psolk said:

Even if they released for both sims at this point the P3D sales would be a small fraction of the MSFS sales

Would the MSFS offering sell more, if both versions had no competition? Maybe. But I think "a small fraction" is exaggerated.

8 minutes ago, psolk said:

It's not about comparing sims it's strictly business and where the financial opportunity lies.

I also believe the MSFS is the one where the money is - for the time being. We will see what the future brings.

• Like 2

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

10 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Would the MSFS offering sell more, if both versions had no competition? Maybe. But I think "a small fraction" is exaggerated.

I also believe the MSFS is the one where the money is - for the time being. We will see what the future brings.

Just my personal perspective but I don't think it's a maybe. The market and dev's have pretty much confirmed it and I would wager it would actually be 10% of total sales may be P3D or 1 in 10 would be purchasing for P3D.  I just don't even think it is marginally close based on what the Dev's are saying.  Just my .02 which I always stress isn't even worth that! 

Edited by psolk
punctuation
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 hours ago, psolk said:

I guess the real question would be if the same add-on dropped for P3D and MSFS simultaneously which one would people buy?  Yep, you could deliver the same thing from a functionality perspective (which negates the functionality and realism argument) but would anyone buy it in P3D if it released in MSFS the same day?  

100% MSFS version for me, these days I've stopped buying for P3D and to a lesser extent Xplane11. While I feel I've got my monies worth in Xplane11, I now wish I hadn't bought P3D V5 and just stuck with P3D v4 and bought other add ons or peripherals with the money I would of saved, but I thought version 5 was going to be a bigger leap than what it seems, unless LM surprises me and makes a massive leap in the point updates. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 hours ago, eaim1973 said:

100% MSFS version for me, these days I've stopped buying for P3D and to a lesser extent Xplane11. While I feel I've got my monies worth in Xplane11, I now wish I hadn't bought P3D V5 and just stuck with P3D v4 and bought other add ons or peripherals with the money I would of saved, but I thought version 5 was going to be a bigger leap than what it seems, unless LM surprises me and makes a massive leap in the point updates. 

Nah, I am very happy to have all 3 sims installed and it will stay that way. Whether I purchase anything else for P3D and XP is the question, but all 3 will stay here. 😉 I have room and want to see the latest versions of each on my system. 

To me MSFS if a moot point until its performance improves or I get a better machine. But as it is P3Dv5 gives me what I've never been able to get in either previous versions of P3D or any other simulator for that matter: good, stable performance in London, New York and LA. Unfortunately MSFS does not give me that and I assume the situation will be worse once the detailed airliners are introduced, not n the least actual AI, which MSFS currently doesn't have. So let's see. But for now P3Dv5 has the performance... But I'm looking forward to MSFS' next sim update which was promised to come with some significant performance improvements. That said, I wouldn't probably not buy any fancy new products for P3D anymore, at lats not in terms of aircraft. I do expect MSFS to be the dominant sim, for me too, in the future. And my experience has taught me that I mostly just fly the planes I already know...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

To me MSFS if a moot point until its performance improves or I get a better machine. But as it is P3Dv5 gives me what I've never been able to get in either previous versions of P3D or any other simulator for that matter: good, stable performance in London, New York and LA. Unfortunately MSFS does not give me that and I assume the situation will be worse once the detailed airliners are introduced, not n the least actual AI, which MSFS currently doesn't have. So let's see. But for now P3Dv5 has the performance... But I'm looking forward to MSFS' next sim update which was promised to come with some significant performance improvements. That said, I wouldn't probably not buy any fancy new products for P3D anymore, at lats not in terms of aircraft. I do expect MSFS to be the dominant sim, for me too, in the future. And my experience has taught me that I mostly just fly the planes I already know...

I'm surprised to hear that as from what I recall the MSFS system requirements are lower

Edited by Shomron

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

I fly MSFS every now and then just to keep it up to date but I have not purchased and add-ons for it. I still prefer P3D where I have a few realistic planes and accurate real world weather. I can also not believe that the MSFS logbook is still broken and does not record my takeoffs.

Johan Pienaar

OK, we're no longer within sight of the thread topic, so I will close this one.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case