Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

Milviz ATR

1 hour ago, djbully said:

+3 

I do think the ATR would sell better than the EVO which is a fairly niche aircraft. 

But yeah I get it. It’s not going to compete with MSFS. 

I do agree with you, I do think their Bush planes(the Beaver, Otter, TOtter,PC6) would sell a lot better than the EVO

• Upvote 1

Francisco Aguiar

6 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Well. That's rather sad. Guess I won't be buying this addon anytime soon 🙂 

4 hours ago, pedrotrindade said:

+1

4 hours ago, Juliett Alfa said:

+2

Oh no! That's three whole potential sales lost! 

I see people on this forum still haven't come to terms with the obvious shift in the market.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I see people on this forum still haven't come to terms with the obvious shift in the market.

You will be missed here, Chap.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 6:11 AM, Milviz said:

The ATR is no longer being done for P3D.  It has been ported to MSFS.

Work continues.

I assume the Kingair is on its way to MSFS also? I looked on your website but didn't see any info on that. But I did see a comment about a C-5. I would LOVE to see that. Instant buy P3D or MSFS. 
Thanks.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

There’s no C-5 on our plate.  

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

7 minutes ago, Boeingnut said:

So is everything Milviz was to update for p3d scrapped?

It appears to be that way, as upset as that makes me. I was looking forward to the lear 60 and MU2 soooo freaking bad.

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

26 minutes ago, Boeingnut said:

So is everything Milviz was to update for p3d scrapped?

My understanding is that there will be no new projects for P3D (with one possible exception, which hasn't been specified), and existing products are still intended to be updated to v5, but with no definite timeframe....

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hello @Milviz (sorry for the thread hijack) are you still committed to upgrade the P3Dv4 version of your aircraft to v5?

I have been a supporter of yours since ever... but I won't feel comfortable in purchasing additional products from you for MSFS since that would make me feel I'm encouraging you to keep the v5 products on hold.

I do understand you are a business tho'... but the lack of v5 updates (and I wouldn't mind paying a small upgrade fee) have been disappointing.

Thank you!

• Upvote 3

Enrique Vaamonde

Some of our less complex products are now being tested and fixed for P3D v5.  We will likely not be charging for these updates as that's all they are; updates.  They will not necessarily have any new features, the WX implementation may (or may not) work and there may be some minor issues.  No bug fixing will be taking place, so if you're expecting more than the absolute minimum required to get these to work in the sim, you will be disappointed.  Some of the older products will not be updated at all due to us having to spend an inordinate amount of time basically redoing the systems.  One of these would be the F-86F Sabre.

It needs to be made 100% clear:  We will no longer be updating any products should they be "broken" by a new update/upgrade by LM. 

We are not going to be providing support for those products once they are released.   It's the end of the line for us in the consumer space on this sim.  Unless, hopefully, LM gets their act together and releases something "equivalent" to MSFS.  If that happens, then we will see what's what.

For now, we are deffo moving towards MSFS in a big way...

If you bought P3D products directly from us using our store, you will be given a rebate for when that same/similar product gets released for MSFS.  It is our intention to do all of them, at some point for the new sim.

Whilst I understand that this will upset some of you... there's really no choice in this.  Adapt or die.

• Like 13

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Given this turn of events, does anyone know of a good turbo otter for p3d v5 (on floats)?

The Totter will be done for P3D v5.  That's a given... But again, as per the above... no guarantees about after that.

On 7/16/2021 at 6:40 AM, Chapstick said:

🙄

That's not what I was going for, but feel free to spin it that way if you must...

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, Boeingnut said:

Given this turn of events, does anyone know of a good turbo otter for p3d v5 (on floats)?

I have the Totter working in v5. Just make sure the latest xml tools is installed and you should be good to go. I have not noticed any issues with it. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

For now, we are deffo moving towards MSFS in a big way...

Thank you for your honest answer. I wish you luck with the new projects.

Even though I like MSFS, I don't think I can use it until it provides accurate live-world weather. While I wish historic weather becomes a thing one day, I can live without it. However, the lack of ability to use forecasting tools for flight planning purposes makes it impossible, for me, to make the jump. So...I will remain with P3Dv5 for some time it seems... as MSFS is not an option (for my use case) and moving to an eventual P3Dv6 will be a bad choice, given many of the 3rd parties will just cease to work or will become unsupported.

Enrique Vaamonde