Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

FENIX A320 first video

4 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Right now the only thing that scares me (apart from the game-ish menus) is the fact that at any given time, if MS pulls the plug on the servers, this sim is simply gone. Let's hope it lasts because once aircraft like this (if it matches expectations) start to appear, there's no turning back.

I don't think this will ever happen.

Take the flight simulation aspect out of the picture for a minute. MS now has a complete model of the world in it's servers. There are literally thousands of uses for it that have nothing at all to do with flight simulation. It can be used for everything including non FS games, apps that allow people to visit places they can't physically get to, civil planning, commercial planning, agricultural analysis. The model of the world that they have created is a viable, standalone, saleable product without any ties to flight simulation. It's not going to go away. Continuing to stream it to flight sim users will cost them nothing but bandwidth and electricity while the other uses continue to fund it. They are going to get a lot of bites on the same apple out of this.  

• Like 5

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

7 hours ago, GCBraun said:

But it is a game.....!!!

Yep...it is a game that is better than any other flight sim to date.

5 hours ago, beep747 said:

Early alpha still. 

If "this" is just the Alpha, just imagine what the Beta will be like....still better than any other sim to date

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Came here to discuss Fenix.  Left because the topic was hijacked.  Come on guys and gals can’t we stay on topic, pretty please?

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

29 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Bingo....

LM and LR were fine with stale development and letting 3PD fill in the gaps (with addons that mainly killed performance). Leaving users with bloated Frankenstein sims just to have an immersive experience.

P3D had an identity crisis (who is it for) and LR simply did not identify (no user engagement) with its users.

I don't feel sorry for the competition, they sat back for years doing much of nothing, even the flight sim conventions were boring....having the Devs come with nothing much to say.

The writing has been on the wall ever since the initial MSFS teaser vid shown the same weekend as a flight sim convention, and stealing all of the attention from that point forward.

The one word to describe P3D and X-Plane: complacency.

Both LM and LR sat there for 10 years and did very little to advance flight simulation.  I can't believe it's 2021 and X-Plane still uses 2D trees.  With LM, at least they can claim they are focused on the commercial market and never really cared about the consumer home market. With X-Plane though, I think Austin plugged his ears and only listened to his most devoted supporters, who weren't telling him the right information.  Austin knows now that he is in a bad spot, and his latest video on the X-Plane lighting shows his focus now is on improving the graphics in X-Plane.  But I think it's too little and too late for Austin.

I have said this before, but if P3D and X-Plane had ensured their simulators were up to date with modern graphics, and streaming satellite/photogrammetry for the entire world, Microsoft/Asobo would have looked at the competition and decided they couldn't compete against P3D and X-Plane, and then moved to some other project to make them money.  Instead, Microsoft/Asobo looked at the competition, smiled to themselves and said, "Our competition is using technology from 10 years ago, let's show them what a modern flight simulator looks like!"  And thus, MSFS was born and P3D and X-Plane have a huge uphill battle now.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

56 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

Came here to discuss Fenix.  Left because the topic was hijacked.  Come on guys and gals can’t we stay on topic, pretty please?

Welcome to Avsim, 

• Like 3

I love what I’m seeing so far.  Was a second video released yet?  I though i had read there was another on the way.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Second one should be out soon according to their discord channel....

• Like 3

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

The paradox is that you get a brand new aircraft as a freeware and a used one as payware ! 😄

One doubt though: will the wind shield rain effects be simulated realistically with a working wiper?

Edited by vinodkk
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Both LM and LR sat there for 10 years and did very little to advance flight simulation.  I can't believe it's 2021 and X-Plane still uses 2D trees.  With LM, at least they can claim they are focused on the commercial market and never really cared about the consumer home market. With X-Plane though, I think Austin plugged his ears and only listened to his most devoted supporters, who weren't telling him the right information.  Austin knows now that he is in a bad spot, and his latest video on the X-Plane lighting shows his focus now is on improving the graphics in X-Plane.  But I think it's too little and too late for Austin.

I have said this before, but if P3D and X-Plane had ensured their simulators were up to date with modern graphics, and streaming satellite/photogrammetry for the entire world, Microsoft/Asobo would have looked at the competition and decided they couldn't compete against P3D and X-Plane, and then moved to some other project to make them money.  Instead, Microsoft/Asobo looked at the competition, smiled to themselves and said, "Our competition is using technology from 10 years ago, let's show them what a modern flight simulator looks like!"  And thus, MSFS was born and P3D and X-Plane have a huge uphill battle now.

I took a 3 year hiatus from civil flight simming because it was all just SO boring. There was nothing happening, no real innovation, just more texture packs and poorly designed plugins that caused constant issues. Don't get me wrong, I got a lot of time and enjoyment out of X-Plane, but I was always flying between the same airports in the same regions (lack of global ortho, or good quality ortho). I just had to give it up for a while because it became more of a chore as I was constantly chasing crash logs and stuff. Once I tried MSFS I just couldn't go back. Even with all its teething problems, the overall experience has been absolutely fantastic and it gets better every day! For the first time in YEARS I am genuinely excited about a flight sim and just can't put it down. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Former Child, Current Adult

11 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Austin knows now that he is in a bad spot, and his latest video on the X-Plane lighting shows his focus now is on improving the graphics in X-Plane.  But I think it's too little and too late for Austin.

Could someone link me to that video please?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I love how some people..usually the same couple of culprits are so distraught with their preferred sim that they have to go to other sim's forums and try to justify to themselves through the attempted ridicule of other sim's. Gets old. Imagine if they spent all that energy on doing something positive in their lives...or an even crazier though: playing their sim of choice instead.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

13 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Austin knows now that he is in a bad spot, and his latest video on the X-Plane lighting shows his focus now is on improving the graphics in X-Plane.  But I think it's too little and too late for Austin.

Absolutely!

Great to see the excitement generated with the alpha release video of the FENIX A320! 

One other metric that P3D and X-Plane are on a major downslide: just compare the number of views for videos published on each platform. The interest in MSFS from all perspectives compared to the other sims is off the charts!

It is all about scenery and high quality aircraft and MSFS is delivering on all accounts! The autoland preview video for the A320 by FENIX demonstrates once more that the future is MSFS!

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

This is very exciting! 

HAPPY FLYING
~G "Heavy1216" Edge

Intel Core i9 10850k 5.0ghz, GeFore RTX 3080 , ASUSTek Prime Z490-V, 32GB DDR4 3600

4 hours ago, captain420 said:

Could someone link me to that video please?

Google is you friend or try the XP forum.