Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Trying to convert FS98 gauges for FSX for overland panel modification

I remember a post that detailed how to convert an old gauge for FSX but I can't find it now. Does anybody remember it?I found a freeware upgrade to the Overland panel by Gijsbrecht v. Batum here at AVSIM. It it looks like there is only one gauge that won't work. It think it is ab340km_stbatt.gau. I could substitute the gauge but I can figure out what it is for. Has anybody figured out a workaround to this add on in FSX?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I'll have to load the panel into an aircraft and load FSPanel Studio - take a while.One thing you can do is take a good look at the panel in FS2004 - maybe a screenshot.Shutdown - comment out the gauge in the panel.cfg - restart and see what is missing.Might help you discover it's use/ purpose.The gauge is from Ken Mitchell's A340 panel. And I suspect it has something to do with the starters and batteries.

EDIT - I was wrong - the gauge is the "Standby Attitude" STBATT - doh !!!!!Try substituting this oneAirbus_A321!attitude_backup

>I remember a post that detailed how to convert an old gauge>for FSX but I can't find it now. Does anybody remember it?>>I found a freeware upgrade to the Overland panel by Gijsbrecht>v. Batum here at AVSIM. It it looks like there is only one>gauge that won't work. It think it is ab340km_stbatt.gau. I>could substitute the gauge but I can figure out what it is>for. Has anybody figured out a workaround to this add on in>FSX?I use the Overland Aircraft (Both Boeing and Airbus) in FSX, and I don't see any FS98 gauges? In VC mode a number of gauges didn't display, but that was because there were negative coordinates in the panel.cfg file. FSX doen't like these! To fix them, just make them positive. You may have to adjust them a little bit to line up properly by tweaking the numbers, but that's it. You can't go less than zero though, so some won't line up perfectly where they belong, but there only off slightly.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks Reggie. That worked.Just change the negative values, drop the default a321 .cab in to the panel folder and change the gage references to point to the guage you recommend.The new panel is much better but the ac loading times have increased quite a bit. I also think the fps are a little lower. I'll have to experiment a bit to see if it is worth the trade off.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

>>Just change the negative values, drop the default a321 .cab in>to the panel folder and change the gage references to point to>the guage you recommend.>Can't you save disk space and load time by aliasing the A321 .cab file (inside the panel.cfg) instead of having to copy it in?something akin to:gauge00=..SimObjectsAirplanesAirbus_A321PanelAirbus_A321!attitude_backup, 174,324,110,110I think you can do that...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Arry

Hello,I don't have this panel, but I have an old gauge too, that works with my Safeline Flight Console.So, please, how can I convert this gauge for use with FSX ?Any help is very much appreciated.Arry

>Hello,>>I don't have this panel, but I have an old gauge too, that>works with my Safeline Flight Console.>>So, please, how can I convert this gauge for use with FSX ?>>Any help is very much appreciated.>>ArryIf you are getting a FS98 gauge not supported error, than nothing can be done other than using another panel, or gauge. FSX does not support FS98 era gauges period. If though, they just don't display, check the panel.cfg file for negative coordinates "It's the first 2 sets of numbers next to the name of the gauge, just change them to positives. They'll usially be low numbers like -1 or -2. This works for the VC panel, not sure about 2D panels. (I don't use 2D main panels, and haven't seen any issues with the sub panels!)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Arry

Hello,Tom, thanks for the answer, but I need this special gauge.Jeff wrote:"I remember a post that detailed how to convert an old gauge for FSX but I can't find it now. Does anybody remember it?"That is, what I need very urgently. I need the conversion of the old FS98 gauge, to make it usable in FSX.RegardsArry

>Hello,>>Tom, thanks for the answer, but I need this special gauge.>>Jeff wrote:>"I remember a post that detailed how to convert an old gauge>for FSX but I can't find it now. Does anybody remember it?">>That is, what I need very urgently. I need the conversion of>the old FS98 gauge, to make it usable in FSX.>>>Regards>>Arry>Yes, I do remember a post where someone explained how to change some parameter in a gauge which would allow it to work in FSX. Since Reggie fixed my issue, I haven't looked further.

Guest Arry

Hello Jeff,of course I believe you, but I don't have any idea, where to search for the solution of converting my FS98 gauge to a FSX accepted gauge.Who knows the explanation, to make the old gauge work in FSX ??Help is needed !Thanks in advanceArry