Sign in to follow this  
aspen31

P3D v5.2 and CaptainSim ACE

Hi all

Apologies if I should have posted this elsewhere but I could not find any forum (aside from Captain Sim) more suitable.

I recently switched to P3D v5.2 and have discovered that the Captain Sim ACE will no longer open. I have ACE set as an exclusion in my McAfee antivirus but it makes no difference (had previously solved the problem). I've also tried to activate ACE with McAfee turned off but no joy there either. Just wondering if anyone else may have experienced this and found a workaround. I did post at the Captain Sim forum but have received no reply thus far.

Thanks in advance

Warren

Edited by aspen31
mistake

I have no issues with the 757 & 767 ACE with P3dV5 HF1.

Rich

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

I have actually had that issue happen a while ago... I don't really know what triggered, but it was solved by uninstalling all CS products (also make sure to delete all their stuff in SimObjects within root P3D, SimObjects in the User/AppData/Roaming/P3D, and various other CS folders that are put into the usual places). Then reinstall. That did it for me. 

Thanks

I want to try that but have apparently exceeded my quota of activations - have asked for some sort of extension but have heard nothing so far.

Warren

Hi again all

Think its fixed. I was able to re-download my aircraft and in starting the initial part of the install a new ACE with the appropriate .exe must have also been added. Not exactly sure how it all worked but I have ACE functioning again at least until McAfee has at it again.

Thanks for the help

Warren

My Norton did the same.  I thought many times about ditching it and just using defender.  But the thought of having to redo all the exclusions makes me kick the can...

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next