Sign in to follow this  
M-D-F

Location of backup folder FSX SE

Hi. Can anyone tell me the location of the Pilot2atc backup directory for gates and taxiways, I can't find it in the program's main data folder, am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the reply. I thought it should be. I definitely don't have that folder.

I did import them all which is what I find odd. By the way I have been flying IFR this evening EGKK to EGCC, well impressed I have to say, voice recognition working well. I can feel a purchase on the horizon:-). Yet to land, time and real life is always against me. Oddly all my chatter works except for my realatc US files, do I have to use K folders or something. I thought they were optional?

Kind Regards

Mike

If P2A is unable to write to it's Data folder due to access control of where it is installed, that could cause  the backups and folder to not be created.

On the Chatter, assuming you have the Chatter files from Stick and Rudder's FS ATC Chatter or X-ATC Chatter, then you would just

• copy their Regions folder, with all the sub-folders and files to P2A's .../Sounds/ATC_Chatter sub folder. 
  • set the Config. Sounds tab to use "Controller Folder" option
  • check the Play Chatter option 
  • check the "Pause between Chatter FIles" option
  • set the min and max times to something reasonable like min=5 max = 20

Since this is the default location for the files, you leave the Root Folder box blank.

I don't know the structure or type of sound files used by RealATC Chatter, but the folder layout for the regions/Controller folder option is shown in the User's Guide, and if possible, I would definately use that structure instead of the Country folder structure.  The Country/Airport folder structure is way too complicated.

But, if you have separate folders for each country, then for the US, You'll need the Kn folders, or when the Kn folder is not found, it will default to the default Controller folders in the base ATC_Chatter folder.

Dave

Can't think why it would not have folder rights running as admin. The program is installed outside the system program files folders. I'll check settings 

My ATC is country based. I like French chatter in France etc. It's not possible to use my US chatter in the US only unless I create multiple K folders and copy all the same files into each?

Mike

I would recommend you try it to see if it works without the K folders, but that is the way it was initially implemented.

You could put the US controller folders directly in the ATC_Chatter folder and see if that lets the default folder go into action when in the US and it can't find the K folders.  When I looked at the code, that's what looked like would happen.

Dave

I'll try that, thanks. I have it setup without the k folders at the moment but they don't play. Sounds/ATC_Chatter/US/controller folders. All the others with the same format are good.