Sign in to follow this  
delta november

Where have all the buldings gone - how do I get them back?

Guest kirbyk

In FSX Norfolk Virginia loks like the Serengeti Plains. 3 buildings, lots of open spaces, no houses, scattered trees. Not like this at all in FS COF. Autogen seems to control the number of trees but how do I get a "metropolitan" look?Kirby

Guest kirbyk

Why would I need this add-on to get buildings? I'm looking for a built-in setting

Guest abulaafia

it's not a question of settingsthe default landclass shipping with FSX is a bit dogdy, leaving large swathes of the world barren. landclass files define what goes where in the landscape. get a (more) realistic landclass like cloud9. if you are only interested in one region, wait for freeware to pop up - it usally does, especially for popular areas.

Kirby, Sounds like maybe the eastern US default scenery got disabled in thescenery library....had it happen to me. Just make sure it's checked.

Guest kirbyk

Thanks - will check on whether it's enabled and will cycle it anyhow.