Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

Majestic Q400 Update coming soon.

Great to see this gem being improved upon further! More than happy to fund further development for P3D.

Maybe one day I will have my single cue flight director as well... 😝

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JLuis said:

I thought it was free. I will pass this time. I'm no longer investing in anything from P3D.

It is everybody's choice but cause of this arguments we shouldn't be surprised that nobody will develop anything for P3D in the future.

I am glad to see that there are still devs out doing udates and making stuff for P3D.

Happy to see the update soon :)

• Upvote 1

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

1 hour ago, Flyinggok said:

It is everybody's choice but cause of this arguments we shouldn't be surprised that nobody will develop anything for P3D in the future.

Guess the ball is in LM's court now on that front.

Cheers

Steve Hall

1 minute ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

This should be a free upgrade for owners of the Q400

Do you work for free?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

8 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Do you work for free?

Nope. But there IS such thing as product updates. Those are provided for free. This is NOT a major P3D version upgrade (Which I would expect to cost money)... this is an improvement of an already-existing aircraft. I own this aircraft. I am more than happy to buy it again as a new version (for MSFS) for full price. NOT paying money to slightly visually improve an existing aircraft and bring about some cabin stuff that I don't touch, since I am only concerned with the cockpit. I don't expect anyone to work for free... but certain things should not even be worked on, period. This is one of them. 

I cannot imagine PMDG doing something like this. They continue to tweak and upgrade their aircraft as part of product support. Only version upgrades cost extra. This is not particularly smart strategy for Majestic. Sorry, this is just my opinion. You are welcome to have a different one. 😉

Edited by BostonJeremy77
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Nope. But there IS such thing as product updates. Those are provided for free. This is NOT a major P3D version upgrade (Which I would expect to cost money)... this is an improvement of an already-existing aircraft. I own this aircraft. I am more than happy to buy it again as a new version (for MSFS) for full price. NOT paying money to slightly visually improve an existing aircraft and bring about some cabin stuff that I don't touch, since I am only concerned with the cockpit. I don't expect anyone to work for free... but certain things should not even be worked on, period. This is one of them. 

If it involves significant work, then they are entitled to charge if they see fit. They are not fixing something that is broken. It is up to the consumer to decide what they will, or will not pay for. Clearly, you have decided - I have this product as well and am undecided. A free market is great, isn't it?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

David Porrett

9 minutes ago, DavidP said:

If it involves significant work, then they are entitled to charge if they see fit. They are not fixing something that is broken. It is up to the consumer to decide what they will, or will not pay for. Clearly, you have decided - I have this product as well and am undecided. A free market is great, isn't it?

Absolutely, I fully agree. They are entitled to charge for it as they see fit. And consumers are entitled to vote with their wallets on their support for this. I have decided against it, and others will decide as they see fit. I wasn't encouraging anyone NOT to buy it. I was simply expressing that I am not at all interested, even though I LOVE this aircraft. But ESPECIALLY with P3D's market being in its current state, this was a puzzling strategy to me. So was simply making conversation. No big deal. 😉

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

I cannot imagine PMDG doing something like this. They continue to tweak and upgrade their aircraft as part of product support. Only version upgrades cost extra. This is not particularly smart strategy for Majestic. Sorry, this is just my opinion. You are welcome to have a different one. 😉

Really?  The pmdg 777er certainly rubbed many people the wrong way for the price. 

this is an automatic buy for me. 

• Upvote 4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Really?  The pmdg 777er certainly rubbed many people the wrong way for the price. 

this is an automatic buy for me. 

It did... But it's a new variant with 3 engine options! This is nothing like it. I bought the 777ER expansion and am very happy with it. 

FSLabs Sharklets bundle was my last P3D purchase. I am sure if I didn't make a decision not to invest any more money into the platform unless LM does something spectacular with v6, I would be buying this Majestic update too. But with the way things are? Nah. TO ME, it's just not worth it. 

I will also venture to speculate that neither PMDG 777ER or FSLabs Sharklets sold very well. This is speculation, but I have a feeling that the sales of 777ER was one of the factors in PMDG speeding up its MSFS roster release. Just as MilViz has recently decided to drop P3D development due to a lack of sales of THEIR stuff. Just as JustFlight and FlySimWare discontinuing development of projects and instead redirecting those to MSFS. 

That's just what the market is nowadays. I love Majestic's bird and wish them well. But I have a feeling they will find out the hard way that it's over. 

Edited by BostonJeremy77

I’ll get my money’s worth out of this. I was not happy with the er like most. In fact first time I’ve regretted a pmdg purchase. I also will be buying the md-11 when tfdi releases it. 

• Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I’ll get my money’s worth out of this. I was not happy with the er like most. In fact first time I’ve regretted a pmdg purchase. I also will be buying the md-11 when tfdi releases it. 

What's wrong? Why didn't you like the ER? 

I will say this much... if I WERE still purchasing P3D stuff, I would not be buying the MD-11 - have you SEEN the landing lights on the 717? The outside lighting of that bird in P3D v5 breaks any desire for me to fly it and they don't seem to want to fix that. It's also the most resource-heavy aircraft in my hangar in terms of VRAM - for no good reason. It doesn't look any better than FSLabs or PMDG stuff and eats twice the VRAM. 

Edited by BostonJeremy77

In the Enterprise software development area I work for upgrades are not "free".

A company purchases the base products and pays ASM (application support and maintenace) which is typcially 25% of the original purchase price (and paid per year).

The ASM entitles them to product updates when released, licensing transfers and phone and email support.

The above is pretty much a standard type of affair and pays for ongoing development and support that maybe required.

Cheers

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

9 hours ago, micstatic said:

considering they have always priced the airplane fairly in the past, I would be shocked if it was something we think is a ripoff.  

And given the quality MJC have always provided, I'm not going to quibble over a fair price for the work that we all asked to be done!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

5 hours ago, micstatic said:

Agree, I also thought of buying the ER version but there were 2 thoughts I had:

• How often do you really fly long haulers? (I own their 772/773 and 744/748)
  • Is the price worth to buy a long hauler which you fly just sometimes.

What I bought from PMDG was the DC-6 for MSFS in sale. I flown it yesterday with friends for 4 hours in the caribbean but I must say I am really happy to come back to P3D to fly my airliners.

Edited by Flyinggok

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️