Sign in to follow this  
monica6211

SimVenture Oshkosh 2021

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything in any of the forums about this event. Did I miss it somewhere? PilotEdge is hosting this event , which runs July 14-18th. I will be flying it Sunday (the only time I have off from work during the event hours. I flew it last year several times with different sims and had a blast. I can't wait to try it with this sim. I have flown a few test flights these past few days and am comfortable with it, so I think I'm ready. Their website has all the details about it and addon scenery for each sim for the event. See ya there!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, monica6211 said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything in any of the forums about this event. Did I miss it somewhere? PilotEdge is hosting this event , which runs July 14-18th. I will be flying it Sunday (the only time I have off from work during the event hours. I flew it last year several times with different sims and had a blast. I can't wait to try it with this sim. I have flown a few test flights these past few days and am comfortable with it, so I think I'm ready. Their website has all the details about it and addon scenery for each sim for the event. See ya there!!!

I'm surprise I've not see any modded scenery for this or Sun 'N' Fun yet.  You'd think we'd have airshow scenery by now let alone mention of the event.  Either way if your looking for real world discussion you'll usually find that in the 'Hanger Chat' forum.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The event itself does come with an excellent (if a little unoptimized) scenery for KOSH. You have to be registered on PilotEdge to get it, but they offer a 5 hour free trial for anyone interested. 

I took part last night along with about 50 other pilots on the Fisk Arrival (with 30+ more pilots on the ground or departing the airport).

Being controlled by the real Oshkosh controllers, having them tell you to rock your wings and then guide you into a landing on the colored dots is an experience I won’t forget in a hurry. Highly recommended! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Dillon said:

I'm surprise I've not see any modded scenery for this or Sun 'N' Fun yet.  You'd think we'd have airshow scenery by now let alone mention of the event.  Either way if your looking for real world discussion you'll usually find that in the 'Hanger Chat' forum.

Actually, there is, for both. And there isn't any post that I could find in the "Hanger Chat" about the Sim event (or the real world event).

On 7/16/2021 at 4:59 PM, monica6211 said:

Had posted in on the 10th here:

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

20 hours ago, Dillon said:

They have both high and medium level scenery on the main page for all the sims

https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/simventure

The ultra scenery gave a CTD so YMMV

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

15 hours ago, Redge said:

The event itself does come with an excellent (if a little unoptimized) scenery for KOSH. You have to be registered on PilotEdge to get it, but they offer a 5 hour free trial for anyone interested. 

I took part last night along with about 50 other pilots on the Fisk Arrival (with 30+ more pilots on the ground or departing the airport).

Being controlled by the real Oshkosh controllers, having them tell you to rock your wings and then guide you into a landing on the colored dots is an experience I won’t forget in a hurry. Highly recommended! 

They are even waiving the trial 5hrs if you email their billing dept. so as not to interrupt the event

Oshkosh is insane.   They have giant colored dots painted on the runway,  and the controller tells you which dot to land on as someone lands on the next dot.   Pretty wild.

5 hours ago, monica6211 said:

Actually, there is, for both. And there isn't any post that I could find in the "Hanger Chat" about the Sim event (or the real world event).

Where's the FS2020 scenery for both events?

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

On 7/18/2021 at 1:22 AM, Dillon said:

Sign up for the free trial of Pilot Edge and the Oshkosh scenery should be available for you to download on the Pilot Edge Simventure 2021 web page (assuming that page is still available now that the event is over).  I signed up to just get the scenery and wasn't sure I would actually try flying the event.  I did end up flying it and am glad I did as it was an amazing experience!

Edited by PlumCrazy
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 10:22 PM, Dillon said:

scroll up 🙂

2 hours ago, PlumCrazy said:

Sign up for the free trial of Pilot Edge and the Oshkosh scenery should be available for you to download on the Pilot Edge Simventure 2021 web page (assuming that page is still available now that the event is over).  I signed up to just get the scenery and wasn't sure I would actually try flying the event.  I did end up flying it and am glad I did as it was an amazing experience!

Got it, thanks.  Now does anyone know where Sun 'N' Fun is at which I referenced above?

FS2020