Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
monica6211

SimVenture Oshkosh 2021

Recommended Posts

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything in any of the forums about this event. Did I miss it somewhere? PilotEdge is hosting this event , which runs July 14-18th. I will be flying it Sunday (the only time I have off from work during the event hours. I flew it last year several times with different sims and had a blast. I can't wait to try it with this sim. I have flown a few test flights these past few days and am comfortable with it, so I think I'm ready. Their website has all the details about it and addon scenery for each sim for the event. See ya there!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, monica6211 said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything in any of the forums about this event. Did I miss it somewhere? PilotEdge is hosting this event , which runs July 14-18th. I will be flying it Sunday (the only time I have off from work during the event hours. I flew it last year several times with different sims and had a blast. I can't wait to try it with this sim. I have flown a few test flights these past few days and am comfortable with it, so I think I'm ready. Their website has all the details about it and addon scenery for each sim for the event. See ya there!!!

I'm surprise I've not see any modded scenery for this or Sun 'N' Fun yet.  You'd think we'd have airshow scenery by now let alone mention of the event.  Either way if your looking for real world discussion you'll usually find that in the 'Hanger Chat' forum.


FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 10 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The event itself does come with an excellent (if a little unoptimized) scenery for KOSH. You have to be registered on PilotEdge to get it, but they offer a 5 hour free trial for anyone interested. 

I took part last night along with about 50 other pilots on the Fisk Arrival (with 30+ more pilots on the ground or departing the airport).

Being controlled by the real Oshkosh controllers, having them tell you to rock your wings and then guide you into a landing on the colored dots is an experience I won’t forget in a hurry. Highly recommended! 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dillon said:

I'm surprise I've not see any modded scenery for this or Sun 'N' Fun yet.  You'd think we'd have airshow scenery by now let alone mention of the event.  Either way if your looking for real world discussion you'll usually find that in the 'Hanger Chat' forum.

Actually, there is, for both. And there isn't any post that I could find in the "Hanger Chat" about the Sim event (or the real world event).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2021 at 4:59 PM, monica6211 said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything in any of the forums about this event. Did I miss it somewhere? PilotEdge is hosting this event , which runs July 14-18th. I will be flying it Sunday (the only time I have off from work during the event hours. I flew it last year several times with different sims and had a blast. I can't wait to try it with this sim. I have flown a few test flights these past few days and am comfortable with it, so I think I'm ready. Their website has all the details about it and addon scenery for each sim for the event. See ya there!!!

Had posted in on the 10th here:

 


SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Dillon said:

I'm surprise I've not see any modded scenery for this or Sun 'N' Fun yet.  You'd think we'd have airshow scenery by now let alone mention of the event.  Either way if your looking for real world discussion you'll usually find that in the 'Hanger Chat' forum.

They have both high and medium level scenery on the main page for all the sims

https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/simventure

The ultra scenery gave a CTD so YMMV

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Redge said:

The event itself does come with an excellent (if a little unoptimized) scenery for KOSH. You have to be registered on PilotEdge to get it, but they offer a 5 hour free trial for anyone interested. 

I took part last night along with about 50 other pilots on the Fisk Arrival (with 30+ more pilots on the ground or departing the airport).

Being controlled by the real Oshkosh controllers, having them tell you to rock your wings and then guide you into a landing on the colored dots is an experience I won’t forget in a hurry. Highly recommended! 

They are even waiving the trial 5hrs if you email their billing dept. so as not to interrupt the event


SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oshkosh is insane.   They have giant colored dots painted on the runway,  and the controller tells you which dot to land on as someone lands on the next dot.   Pretty wild.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, monica6211 said:

Actually, there is, for both. And there isn't any post that I could find in the "Hanger Chat" about the Sim event (or the real world event).

Where's the FS2020 scenery for both events?

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 10 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2021 at 1:22 AM, Dillon said:

Where's the FS2020 scenery for both events?

Sign up for the free trial of Pilot Edge and the Oshkosh scenery should be available for you to download on the Pilot Edge Simventure 2021 web page (assuming that page is still available now that the event is over).  I signed up to just get the scenery and wasn't sure I would actually try flying the event.  I did end up flying it and am glad I did as it was an amazing experience!

Edited by PlumCrazy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2021 at 10:22 PM, Dillon said:

Where's the FS2020 scenery for both events?

scroll up 🙂


SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PlumCrazy said:

Sign up for the free trial of Pilot Edge and the Oshkosh scenery should be available for you to download on the Pilot Edge Simventure 2021 web page (assuming that page is still available now that the event is over).  I signed up to just get the scenery and wasn't sure I would actually try flying the event.  I did end up flying it and am glad I did as it was an amazing experience!

Got it, thanks.  Now does anyone know where Sun 'N' Fun is at which I referenced above?


FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 10 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also interested in Sun N Fun scenery, unfortunately I missed the opportunity to get the ultra simventure scenery.


My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developer, projects below:

Airbus H145Airbus H135Icon A5 2021 Performance Edition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...