Sign in to follow this  
Burge

pilot2atc FS-ATC

Hello

ok i have RCV 4 sound files converted to mp3 my file setup as followed.

Australia

App atc1 atc2 atc3 Clr Dep Grd Twr

so can i merge my mp3 in the

ATC_Chatter Regions Oceania Controllers

if not were do they go i have canada & usa as well

Just so I'm clear I think what you are saying is you have some additional clips from Radar Contact that you would like to use with Pilot2ATC and the FS-ATC-Chatter collection. If this is correct then yes you can merge them. I'm also assuming you are using the Region/Controller chatter mode of Pilot2ATC since that is the layout the FS-ATC-Chatter clips are designed for. If this is also true you should be able to add the clips to the folder structure.atc1 atc2 atc3

Australia is considered part of the Oceania region for FS-ATC-Chatter, so that is the region I would add them to. You mentioned "atc1 atc2 atc3" from RCV 4. I don't know what type of controllers those are. Just keep in mind the controller structure is fixed in Pilot2ATC so you will need to decide what clips from RC4 should go where.

Mark

mark "atc1 atc2 atc3" are Clarence Delivery folders mate,and yes i have the proper setup Region/Controller chatter mode of Pilot2ATC.

can you tell me mate what are these folders for................Dest_Uni Dep_Uni

You have been a big help mate thank you.... Barry

10 hours ago, Burge said:

mark "atc1 atc2 atc3" are Clarence Delivery folders mate,and yes i have the proper setup Region/Controller chatter mode of Pilot2ATC.

can you tell me mate what are these folders for................Dest_Uni Dep_Uni

You have been a big help mate thank you.... Barry

Dest_Unit and Dep_Uni are for CTAF clips from non-towered airports. They are the pilot to pilot self announcing communications that occur at class E and G airports in the U.S.

40 minutes ago, Burge said:

How can i tell if RCV 4 mp3 are working or not mark

They only way I can think of is to start with an empty folder structure, no FS-ATC-Chatter clips, and then just populate it with the RC4 clips and see if you hear them in Pilot2ATC.

Mark

I notice in the stand alone..you can see what airport the ATC is tied to and the channel.  But in P2A you cannot see that.  

Do the two programs though use the same wav files based on airport locations?  

For example, if I am at KPHX clearance, will the two programs play the wav files for clearance most closely associated with KPHX or is one program more exact than the other?

The clips are organized by Region but they do contain MP3 Tag information that can be used to identify the airport they were collected from. I don't think Pilot2ATC uses that information yet. In X-ATC-Chatter 1.7 beta I started to create an index file that classifies the clips by airport and country. The 1.7 beta player has the ability to allow you to select the clips you want played by the airport ICAO code.

I still think one of the biggest problems we have is that clip collection is still sparse. As an example it is not uncommon for a volunteer to collect a lot of ground and possibly tower clips from an airport feed but then not bother to collect any clearance chatter. I'm not sure how well it will work trying to select the clips purely based on the airport you are at in the sim.

That said I will share with @Dave-Pilot2ATC what this index file looks like to see if he could make use of it.

Mark

2 hours ago, markcellis said:

The clips are organized by Region but they do contain MP3 Tag information that can be used to identify the airport they were collected from. I don't think Pilot2ATC uses that information yet. In X-ATC-Chatter 1.7 beta I started to create an index file that classifies the clips by airport and country. The 1.7 beta player has the ability to allow you to select the clips you want played by the airport ICAO code.

I still think one of the biggest problems we have is that clip collection is still sparse. As an example it is not uncommon for a volunteer to collect a lot of ground and possibly tower clips from an airport feed but then not bother to collect any clearance chatter. I'm not sure how well it will work trying to select the clips purely based on the airport you are at in the sim.

That said I will share with @Dave-Pilot2ATC what this index file looks like to see if he could make use of it.

Mark

That would be great.  Thanks.

So for now is the stand alone player preferred over the P2A integration or are they implemented the same by Region? 

Sounds like the beta player doesn't automatically select the airport but you would have to pre-select the areas before each flight?

@knich

If you are using Pilot2ATC for your ATC then you do not want to use the stand-alone player as it would not know when to pause the clips.

At the moment I do not have the 1.7 stand-alone player automatically selecting the airports but you can check the airports you want included in the collection. That said, I do want to enhance it so that if you select multiple airports it will sort the combination of clips by distance from your aircraft when you start so that the clips from the closest airports will play before the ones further away.

I still need to think through the logic a bit more.

I still have my doubts how well this will work as many of the airports are still sparsely populated with all the controllers. However, if I do make it work it may induce the volunteers to fill in the gaps at many airports.

Once I get this working better in the stand-alone player and get good feedback on it I can share the results with @Dave-Pilot2ATC so he can consider adding the functionality to Pilot2ATC.

Mark

20 hours ago, markcellis said:

@knich

If you are using Pilot2ATC for your ATC then you do not want to use the stand-alone player as it would not know when to pause the clips.

At the moment I do not have the 1.7 stand-alone player automatically selecting the airports but you can check the airports you want included in the collection. That said, I do want to enhance it so that if you select multiple airports it will sort the combination of clips by distance from your aircraft when you start so that the clips from the closest airports will play before the ones further away.

I still need to think through the logic a bit more.

I still have my doubts how well this will work as many of the airports are still sparsely populated with all the controllers. However, if I do make it work it may induce the volunteers to fill in the gaps at many airports.

Once I get this working better in the stand-alone player and get good feedback on it I can share the results with @Dave-Pilot2ATC so he can consider adding the functionality to Pilot2ATC.

Mark

Sounds good.  Perhaps for sparsely populated airports you trigger nearest more populated airport?