Sign in to follow this  
Urmel81

P3dv5 with EA, Volumetric Clouds and Active Sky

9 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Same problem here. Active Sky - most current version. v5.2 w/ HF.

The METAR out of VHHX today was showing multiple layers of clouds but the sky were clear. After I opened up the sim "option" tab and closed it, the clouds loaded.

This has been happening on many occasions. For me, it does not matter if EA is on/off.

Thanks.

Same here...

Ruediger

2 hours ago, MäxliBäxli said:

Bernd why ENVTEX? Because EA defines the lighting if i am correct (sky etc.).

So what do you need ENVTEX for? Clouds? Pictures of your settings would be great.

Just curious because i am also pending between VOL CLOUDS ON or OFF 🙂

Greets,

Markus

Hello Markus, ENVTEX is providing textures for clouds and sky colors beside those which generated with ASCA. Because of this i have a nice mixture of different cloud types and very dynamic appearance, but always matching with what i would exspect compared to what i can see in reallife. 

Have you tried the link i have posted at the top of this thread? There you can see some examples of my setup and settings.

Screenshot-2021-07-03-232932.jpg
Screenshot-2021-07-03-233046.jpg
Screenshot-2021-07-03-233208.jpg
Screenshot-2021-07-03-233348.jpg
Screenshot-2021-07-03-233505.jpg
Screenshot-2021-07-03-233715.jpg

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

@berndb

Hallo Bernd

nice settings.

Can you post yor AS settings.

thanks 

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

6 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

@berndb

Hallo Bernd

nice settings.

Can you post yor AS settings.

thanks 

Frank

Grüß Gott Frank, here you are

Screenshot-2021-07-03-233909.jpg
Screenshot-2021-07-03-233950.jpg
Screenshot-2021-07-03-234107.jpg

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Danke.

Eigentlich meinte ich die Settings von Aktiv Sky (AS)

Die cfg würde genügen.

Thanks 

Frank from EDDM

Edited by f.skywalker

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

4 hours ago, BerndB said:

Hello Markus, ENVTEX is providing textures for clouds and sky colors beside those which generated with ASCA. Because of this i have a nice mixture of different cloud types and very dynamic appearance, but always matching with what i would exspect compared to what i can see in reallife. 

Have you tried the link i have posted at the top of this thread? There you can see some examples of my setup and settings.

Screenshot-2021-07-03-232932.jpg
Screenshot-2021-07-03-233046.jpg
Screenshot-2021-07-03-233208.jpg
Screenshot-2021-07-03-233348.jpg
Screenshot-2021-07-03-233505.jpg
Screenshot-2021-07-03-233715.jpg

Thank you Bernd for the screenshots,

looks amazing. 

Just to confirm: EA ist activated? Or do you use sky textures also from ENVTEX?

Gonna try that for my setup, 

Greets from Graz

Markus

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

43 minutes ago, MäxliBäxli said:

Thank you Bernd for the screenshots,

looks amazing. 

Just to confirm: EA ist activated? Or do you use sky textures also from ENVTEX?

Gonna try that for my setup, 

Greets from Graz

Markus

Affirmative! EA=ON, Vol.clouds=off, live-weather is activated. (i always use actual realtime and live weather). My seetings for ENVTEX is shown on one of my screenshots. I use full dynamic 24h sky setting for ENVTEX+ASCA. I don´t know if this influences the sky colors but for sure the cloudtextures from ENVTEX are used in combination with those of ASCA in a quite good mix. ENVSHADE seems to influence the cloud brightness which looks quite realistic especially at evening twilight. 

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 2

Bernd

35 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Affirmative! EA=ON, Vol.clouds=off, live-weather is activated. (i always use actual realtime and live weather). My seetings for ENVTEX is shown on one of my screenshots. I use full dynamic 24h sky setting for ENVTEX+ASCA. I don´t know if this influences the sky colors but for sure the cloudtextures from ENVTEX are used in combination with those of ASCA in a quite good mix. ENVSHADE seems to influence the cloud brightness which looks quite realistic especially at evening twilight. 

Thank you again for your quick reply Bernd, very helpful!

Greets,

Markus

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

9 hours ago, f.skywalker said:

Danke.

Eigentlich meinte ich die Settings von Aktiv Sky (AS)

Die cfg würde genügen.

Thanks 

Frank from EDDM

[General options]
FSVersion=Prepar3D
PreventDownloadsOnApproach=1
SendImmediatelyToSystemTray=1
AutomaticDownloads=1
[Cloud options]
MaximumCloudTurbulencePercent=70
MaximumCloudIcingPercent=70
MinimumCloudDrawDistance=90
HighDetailCBs=1
CloudMotionEffect=0
MaximumCloudDrawDistance=180
P3DLowCloudOffset=491
[Visibility options]
EnableWingFadeEffect=0
MaximumUpperVisibilitySM=200
[Audio options]
ApplicationSounds=0
PlayWindShearAuralAlert=0
[Sim text message options]
ShowFlightPlanMessages=0
ShowASCAMessages=0
ShowWeatherUpdateMessages=0
[Simulator depiction options]
VolumetricCloudsConfigDetailPreference=0

Bernd

7 hours ago, BerndB said:

ASCA doesn't work with EA on though, right? 

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

ASCA doesnt work when Volumetric cloud slider is set to low,med, and high setting  and of course Ea is on.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

39 minutes ago, sho69607 said:

ASCA doesn't work with EA on though, right? 

It does work, if EA is ON but Volumetric clouds are off (slider to far left)

Bernd

@BerndB

Thanks for help.

You write: Have you tried the link i have posted at the top of this thread? There you can see some examples of my setup and settings.

I am not registered in the JeeHell Forum.

Can you post this settings here in AVSIM

Thanks

Frank

33 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

You write: Have you tried the link i have posted at the top of this thread? There you can see some examples of my setup and settings.

Hello Frank, that was before i´ve found the way how o post screenshots here. Meanwhile i´ve posted them here in this thread and you have seen them already.

• Like 1

Bernd